OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They didn't think a dragon was coming back because they don't think they can swim.

I'm still trying to figure how they pulled the deep sea diving expedition to get it in the first place
You know what, I have yet to think of how they got the chains, how they wrapped the chains around the dragon, and pulled it lol.

just realized something

Bran tells Sam that Jon is a Sand but he already heard Lyanna say that he was Aegon Targayen at the Tower of Joy

so why did he act surprised and say "Are you certain?"

I don't think this is poor writing but more so if Bran's inability to use his powers accurately. I think when he was watching the vision, he was more shocked at what he was seeing and more focused on the reality that was being shed at that moment instead of the details. He believed Jon was a Sand because there was no reason for him to not believer what he had known that Lyanna was a prisoner of Rheagar as opposed to loving him.

As stated he didn't complete his Jedi training and had to go at it alone thus he still needs help. Plus being all knowing and all seeing doesn't mean you'll truly always see and know everything. He didn't originally see Rhaegar and Lyanna's marriage because he didn't know to search it out in the past. He still needs to be guided in the proper direction to see stuff.

Another theory - Bran isn't the NK but he's the Lord of Light. :emoji_thinking:

The thing about the Bran seeing the birth scene is that after not hearing her the first time, you'd think he'd keep watching it til he could hear what she said. I mean... that's what I would do.

tbh its kind of irrelevant to Bran anyway. Its not gonna help him defeat the NK. The way I thought was this, Bran probably didn't hear the name at all the first time (same as us viewers who didn't hear it the first time). Either that or Lyanna probably only said "Aegon" and didn't say Targaryen the first time, so Bran probably still had the notion that Jon is a bastard Sand from R+L

isn't bran a bit limited in how long he can spend looking at the past? plus there's finite time. he had to go back and rewatch all of season 1 with closed captioning on just to figure out what littlefinger was up to. I'm guessing he had to pause and rewind some scenes. and think of all the filler he has to deal with. he probably lingered on all the brothel scenes and khaleesi's training for how to pleasure drogo. kid probably knows Dany's body better than Jon ever will.

among the 7 kingdoms, only Pod knows more about how to pleasure each girl.

NK has shown an ability to resurrect humans, bears, horses. Old Nan's stories talk about how they had ice spiders and other creatures. When the wights came out of the lake and tried to pull Tormund underwater, that debunks the "they can't swim" theory. Tormund and The Hound at the very least were both witnesses to that. Even if they thought it was highly unlikely, did they not think NK would at least try to resurrect a destructive weapon like a dead dragon? That would have been my first thought after booking.

Reactions: Ube
what exactly do we know about the wights and water?

does water kill them? no
are they scared of water? maybe
are they unable to swim? i don't know

if they're just unable to swim but not afraid of water, that answers a lot. plus they probably don't need to breathe, right?

what exactly do we know about the wights and water?

does water kill them? no
are they scared of water? maybe
are they unable to swim? i don't know

if they're just unable to swim but not afraid of water, that answers a lot. plus they probably don't need to breathe, right?

Yeah there's a lot of "huh" in regards to wights and water. They fell in when chasing the Mag 7 onto the lake and waited till it got harder so they could walk on it so there's a bit of apprehension when it comes to water. However it really doesn't explain them popping up to grab Tormund or them getting those Django chains on Viserion.

If this ends up being Sam telling a story similar to Planet of the Apes (the novel, before I get a what the heck you talking about) it'll be a meh.

One thing is for sure Dany and Jon will both not make it in S8. Given that Jon has already died once and with Thoros gone and who knows if Melisandre will return, the lord of light might not bring Jon back again.

She's most definitely getting knocked up. Albeit, it's still weird considering Jon did die but with the over emphasis of Dany saying she can't have kids and Jon asking her about it, it's a big sign to say look what's gonna happen in S8, surprise!

They didn't think a dragon was coming back because they don't think they can swim.

I'm still trying to figure how they pulled the deep sea diving expedition to get it in the first place
This is how I look at it.

We as viewers catch the things like Wights not being able to swim, where did they get the chains, how did they get the chains down there and around the dragon, why not just have the Dragon land on frozen land and not go into the sea, that way the audience won't ask these questions.

End result was the Table of Writers thought it would be a lot cooler end scene to see the WIghts dragging the Beast from the Lake, and then turning him to the Dragon WIght.
I think they made the right decision to do what they did with the chains and Wights swimming down to pull the Dragon etc.

It was a dope scene.
I know it doesn't make sense, but I also know that the writers discussed these things as well and decided to give me, the viewer, a much cooler end scene.

I don't need to question everything.
Here I just appreciate the scene we got.
I don't want to see a Dead Dragon laying on frozen Tundra while a Walker walks over and turns it. That's boring.
I like what we got.

I'd rather see what they gave us.
But best beleive they discussed the "unreallness" the scene would have.
For sure.

what if the son of someone brought back to life is somewhere between the living and the dead, half-human and half-WW?

:nerd:

This Silver Spectrum cable package got rid of MTV for me. Not that I watch MTV anymore or give a **** about the VMA's.

Another thing about the finale. The Silver Samurai and Dany knew that NK killed a dragon. They know that he resurrects dead humans and animals. Did it never occur to them that he might try to resurrect the dead dragon? So maybe they might want to prepare some counter defenses along the Wall for when the White Walkers come through. Of course, fighting off a dragon, dead or alive, is easier said than done but NW got rocked a little bit too easily imo. Or is this another case of poor writing is poor writing?
What gets left out of last weeks episode to make room for scenes of them preparing the Wall for a WightDragon invasion?
I mean, we can say "poor writing" all we want.
But say these things you bring up are addressed, they take screen time, what gets cut?

IT was already an extended episode.
It's just time.
I'd wish some of our smarter viewers like yourself would just conceed to this, instead saying or leaning on it's "bad writing, lazy writing" etc.
It's time, lack of time.

What gives?

I see people still dunno who are the white walkers and what are wights. Show is stupid for not just calling the ww's The Others. Guess they wanted something different from Lost and shaq.

For everyone with a beef/issue with them leaving the dragon for the Night King to bring back, what exactly did you want them to do?

Do you remember they were under attack by 100k wights and the Night King throwing Javelins ala Randy Johnson in his prime?

You wanted/expected them to Completely ignore NK's Aaron Rodgers bullet to fly over there and try to set the sea on fire after it fell in?

I'm confused. That was an unavoidable L the minute it went down.

I can just feel it...Jon Snow is going to die at the end of the season.

Yea no way he makes it. He'll prolly have to sacrifice himself somehow. But ain't no worry by that time Dany will be pregnant with Jon Targaryen 2nd of his name :pimp:

NK has shown an ability to resurrect humans, bears, horses. Old Nan's stories talk about how they had ice spiders and other creatures. When the wights came out of the lake and tried to pull Tormund underwater, that debunks the "they can't swim" theory. Tormund and The Hound at the very least were both witnesses to that. Even if they thought it was highly unlikely, did they not think NK would at least try to resurrect a destructive weapon like a dead dragon? That would have been my first thought after booking.

Jon told Euron they can't swim after the fact. It ain't my theory, Jon said it.

I wonder if they had broke of that wight's jaw, would still have the ability to scream?

Back
Top Bottom