Official "Going to Vegas in..." Vol. II "It was time"

Everyone is just on completely different levels. I just went with 12 two wks ago. We had a guy not show up, a dude run out of cash within an hour, two dudes who didn't make it out one night... There's nothing you can do about it. My biggest suggestion would be getting money from everyone PRIOR but that will never happen.
My favorite trips are 2-6. 6 is my max now.

One trip I was with someone who went down with $2000 cash. He lost almost all of it within a few hours and decided he wasn't spending any more money on the trip. He stayed in the room for three days (to be fair, it was a Cosmo pent house). I'm like "dude, wtf???" I understand being dead after a few days of partying and not wanting to do stuff then. Even I was tapped this trip after two nights. But to fly in, lose half your bank roll in an hour, and then decide you're not doing anything is a **** move. It's why I stopped going with gamblers. It's a gamble in itself. If they win, awesome. If they lose, then they might as well change their flight and go home.

The decisions were all made prior as well, but when people flake last minute or decide they aren't coming out... It's rough. Glad I brought more than I thought I needed.

I think that 2-6 crowd is PERFECT.

this man knows. the only time i rolled with more than 6 it was with coworkers which actually worked out pretty well cause we all worked together. ended up with a stage table at hakkasan :pimp: would never do it with friends unless i got all the money upfront.

One trip I was with someone who went down with $2000 cash. He lost almost all of it within a few hours and decided he wasn't spending any more money on the trip. He stayed in the room for three days (to be fair, it was a Cosmo pent house). I'm like "dude, wtf???" I understand being dead after a few days of partying and not wanting to do stuff then. Even I was tapped this trip after two nights. But to fly in, lose half your bank roll in an hour, and then decide you're not doing anything is a **** move. It's why I stopped going with gamblers. It's a gamble in itself. If they win, awesome. If they lose, then they might as well change their flight and go home.

if your dude is dropping 2k in a few hours, either he aint broke and he can afford it (and not asterisk out of the entire weekend), or he has a gambling/self control problem and needs to check himself

I don't make $$$$$ and I gamble, but I keep a budget for how much im willing to blow each night. protip: keep your nightly bankroll in separate sealed envelopes, give em to a friend if you have to.

As for crew size, 6-8 is about right. Most of the problems are logistics like transportation/rooms, scheduling (making sure we have the same days off), etc. Caviat though...no randoms. Crew/close friends only. No friends of a friend of a friend, random coworkers no one else has met, girls' cousin visiting from out of the country, etc. We can chill but they need to handle their own business.

Last edited:
if your dude is dropping 2k in a few hours, either he aint broke and he can afford it (and not asterisk out of the entire weekend), or he has a gambling/self control problem and needs to check himself

I don't make $$$$$ and I gamble, but I keep a budget for how much im willing to blow each night. protip: keep your nightly bankroll in separate sealed envelopes, give em to a friend if you have to.

As for crew size, 6-8 is about right. Most of the problems are logistics like transportation/rooms, scheduling (making sure we have the same days off), etc. Caviat though...no randoms. Crew/close friends only. No friends of a friend of a friend, random coworkers no one else has met, girls' cousin visiting from out of the country, etc. We can chill but they need to handle their own business.

No, he could afford the loss. But he just decided to mope around the whole rest of the trip. It's annoying.

Yeah my boy who blew 18k in 10 mins is buying a Bent lol.

I had to take the bachelors cash a few times, dude lost like 3k. Wonder what his fiance is saying :rofl:

Ideal group is 4-5 max. Have gone with a lot of people and there's always people who bail, no show, wanna do something different. Gotta be waiting on people, it's a hassle. There's always those who go to Vegas and see how much the table is gonna be and all of a sudden are "too tired" or "too wasted" to go :lol:

Got roughly 11+ people plus more another from a bachelor party. Messy as hell trying to work everything out.

Last edited:
Will be there this weekend, 18 people...However we've been planning for 6 months and this is a core group of people who go.

If you lay the prices out first and set things up in writing (google doc with updated numbers) it makes it much easier.

With that being said its still hard, and an art organizing everything, but nothing feels better than setting it up and things working out...that and pulling a group of ladies for your boys

Will be there this weekend, 18 people...However we've been planning for 6 months and this is a core group of people who go.

If you lay the prices out first and set things up in writing (google doc with updated numbers) it makes it much easier.

With that being said its still hard, and an art organizing everything, but nothing feels better than setting it up and things working out...that and pulling a group of ladies for your boys

Did all of that and didn't matter.

E did you collect money up front?

I might be in charge of a bachelor party soon, and some of the people I invision to go are going to be tough to work with

Did all of that and didn't matter.

Like you said you can set up everything perfect, if you have one **** up it can all go wrong, we've been lucky. Having those things just helps minimize any confusion around prices and agenda.

Like I said, its not easy in the least bit, but its very satisfying when done right.

I have my people pay me before the trip for hotel and any alcohol we bring, and each night/day before the club we pay up front, sometimes people need to hit up atms and what not, but this is what has worked for me.

E did you collect money up front?

I might be in charge of a bachelor party soon, and some of the people I invision to go are going to be tough to work with

Like you said you can set up everything perfect, if you have one **** up it can all go wrong, we've been lucky. Having those things just helps minimize any confusion around prices and agenda.

Like I said, its not easy in the least bit, but its very satisfying when done right.

I have my people pay me before the trip for hotel and any alcohol we bring, and each night/day before the club we pay up front, sometimes people need to hit up atms and what not, but this is what has worked for me.

Funny both of you brought that up. No one was willing to pay before... I was down to take care of the room on my card and start a weekly/monthly plan.

I went with three guys in sales thinking they could talk the host/ bouncer into giving us better deals. Instead we had the worst table at Wet since the host felt insulted (I let them handle that day since I didnt know if I would be in in time).

"XS is going to be 300 that night.." "I ain't payin no 300 until I talk to the host and see the receipt."

That's a direct convo with one of the dudes. Like the best man is trying to make cash off them :smh:

Put everything on a Google Doc and everything was setup to the T... Didn't matter.

Funny both of you brought that up. No one was willing to pay before... I was down to take care of the room on my card and start a weekly/monthly plan.

I went with three guys in sales thinking they could talk the host/ bouncer into giving us better deals. Instead we had the worst table at Wet since the host felt insulted (I let them handle that day since I didnt know if I would be in in time).

"XS is going to be 300 that night.." "I ain't payin no 300 until I talk to the host and see the receipt."

That's a direct convo with one of the dudes. Like the best man is trying to make cash off them :smh:

Put everything on a Google Doc and everything was setup to the T... Didn't matter.

Damn...:x

I'm not gonna lie my boy deals with the clubbing stuff, he talks about tipping extra 500 for certain tables, I mean it sounds ridiculous, but its baked into the price for the club on the gDoc so I let him do what he does, it usually works out for the best.

I just think most of the people I go for are doing pretty well for themselves, and just understand the magnitude of Vegas, we do it at least one time a year really big, and we have smaller events, but we all know for that one time save up big because you don't want to be that guy.

We have chronic gamblers, but like someone posted earlier, these are usually the guys that can afford it, so after they lose, I pour him a few drinks and then I get the classic "**** it man, we don't do this every day" or just bust out the "Money comes and goes, memories stay forever" Drunk people respond well to this :rofl:

Damn...
sick.gif

I'm not gonna lie my boy deals with the clubbing stuff, he talks about tipping extra 500 for certain tables, I mean it sounds ridiculous, but its baked into the price for the club on the gDoc so I let him do what he does, it usually works out for the best.

I just think most of the people I go for are doing pretty well for themselves, and just understand the magnitude of Vegas, we do it at least one time a year really big, and we have smaller events, but we all know for that one time save up big because you don't want to be that guy.

We have chronic gamblers, but like someone posted earlier, these are usually the guys that can afford it, so after they lose, I pour him a few drinks and then I get the classic "**** it man, we don't do this every day" or just bust out the "Money comes and goes, memories stay forever" Drunk people respond well to this
roll.gif
cue alonzo.gif

Damn...:x

We have chronic gamblers, but like someone posted earlier, these are usually the guys that can afford it, so after they lose, I pour him a few drinks and then I get the classic "**** it man, we don't do this every day" or just bust out the "Money comes and goes, memories stay forever" Drunk people respond well to this :rofl:

It's not that they don't do well... That dude makes 60ish, he just thinks he can "sell em". He ended up dropping over 1.5k I'd say.

The bachelor was the gambler lol. His fiance has to be PISSED.

For me, it's all making a proper budget. I'm a planner and like to know EXACTLY what I'm dropping, cuz I know it will be more when I get there. I like to make that base and then add on another 500 for myself gambling, taxis etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom