Official "Going to Vegas in..." Vol. II "It was time"

By all accounts, dead. Which is too bad. When it opened, it was legit as hell. The Hak group just ground every club outside the Wynn into submission. The irony, of course, being all of Hak's money was fraudulent, which is why they're going bye-bye. For all the crap Sam Nazarian took for SLS, he's about to make up for it now.

What's this about Hak's money? :nerd:

http://www.magneticmag.com/2016/08/10-million-hakkasan-startup-capital-confirmed-stolen-1mdb/

Here's my gameplan for April 14-16th.  

3 guys:
Palazzo Hotel.
Fri - Tao pool party.  Dinner - Yardbird Southern Table.  Club - Marquee (DJ Ruckus)
Sat - EBC (David Guetta).  Dinner Mesa Grill.  Club - Drais (no DJ yet).  After hours club.  Drais.
Sun - Marquee Day club or rest.

We prefer hip-hop, but will be hitting EBC due to yambs.

Thoughts?  

Also, has anyone done the $20 sandwich trick at Palazzo recently?  (Put $20 between your id and CC when checking in)

Did it in November, definitely does.

A formal invite from the don? I may have to consider :nerd:

Let's get it my guy!

Will be out there next week on the 8th till the 10th dropping off resumes to all the hotels and having some fun 
wink.gif

What do you think their doing wrong?

Honestly, outside of some cosmetic adjustments that every club should make every few years, they're not doing anything wrong. If anything, most clubs adapted by not trying to compete, but rather carve out their own niche. Drai's and 1Oak crush it with live hip-hop performances and celebrity "hosts". There are plenty of people that atmosphere appeals to, and it doesn't cost nearly as much as Omnia, Hak and XS.

Also, let's not forget, the main reason Hak and Omnia exist is because some butt hurt Middle Eastern billionaire threw a temper tantrum over not getting a table he wanted at XS. Now, it'll be interesting to see which direction even those clubs go. Don't get me wrong, they can keep going under SBE and be fine, obviously. Just curious to see how the dynamics play out once the takeover is complete.

Has anyone been to Jewel?
laugh.gif
Jewel is cool, just make sure you go there when a DJ you like is spinning.  The place is pretty big, but the dancefloor gets packed.  I went about 2 months ago on a Friday and the talent level wasn't that great but the girls were trying to kick it.  I found one who was NICE, but she had me drinking AMFs and ****** up my whole next day.  My own fault though.

I would go there again this next trip, but the DJ Friday night is some techno dude.

Last edited:

Jewel is cool, just make sure you go there when a DJ you like is spinning.  The place is pretty big, but the dancefloor gets packed.  I went about 2 months ago on a Friday and the talent level wasn't that great but the girls were trying to kick it.  I found one who was NICE, but she had me drinking AMFs and ****** up my whole next day.  My own fault though.

I would go there again this next trip, but the DJ Friday night is some techno dude.
You thought Jewel was big? **** felt tiny to me lmao. Place reminded me of Omnia in SD if any of you guys have been there. Omnia SD might even be bigger because they have a rooftop area...

You thought Jewel was big? **** felt tiny to me lmao. Place reminded me of Omnia in SD if any of you guys have been there. Omnia SD might even be bigger because they have a rooftop area...
The dance floor is a decent size, they just pack you in there.  Also if you want to slide a corner and chop it up with a new found friend, there's lots of hallway space and spots off the dancefloor and even upstairs where you can be incognito.  Compared to Marquee's dancefloor, Jewel's is bigger.

3 questions:

Dress clothes still super crazy for these clubs? Like would I be good in a fitted polo, black pants, and my comme des garcon chucks? Or do I need dress shoes?

Will they trip off swimming trunks that do not have the lining inside? I was going to rock my M&N shorts but my boy told me thats a no go at the pool parties. My bape shorts are basically swim trunks but dont have the lining inside. 

How's the Top Golf? 
nerd.gif

Polos are fine, pants should be cool but definitely dress shoes unless you have a table and even then...

Never heard anything about the lining, don't think any of my board shorts do. Actually, I guarantee they don't lol. Never had an issue.

Last edited:
Polos are fine, pants should be cool but definitely dress shoes unless you have a table and even then...

Never heard anything about the lining, don't think any of my board shorts do. Actually, I guarantee they don't lol. Never had an issue.
Yeah my bape joints are basically board shorts. My brother talking about we gotta have lining and all that **** 
grin.gif

If you guys like hip hop, 1oak is def my favorite. Not the biggest club, but the dance floor always gets cracking. Got the main table with the boys last June and October. Always a great time.

I touch down on a friday at 11 am.. Staying at MGM grand.. What should be my first move? My own pool & see what republic looking like or bounce to a diff hotel pool party?

I just booked my first Vegas trip NT.

May 14th-18th

Staying at:

Sunday and Monday night: Caesars Palace

Tues-Thursday: Wynn

I'm traveling solo for now. I have a summit to attend but I want to get out when I can at night. Let me know if anyone want's to meet up. Esp Sunday and Monday.

Are all clubs real heavy on the "dress shoes" ? being in NYC i know how strict some clubs can get, but iv'e made a conscious effort to stay away from clubs that demand that kind of dresscode for the past few years.

Back
Top Bottom