Official Green Bay Packers @ Seattle Seahawks Screw Job

Like this?

lionsss.gif
Ok ok, the only thing worse than going for a pick on the last play is tipping the ball up in the air lol

There's a difference between knock the pass down, and not going for a pick, but that doesn't even really apply here imo.

Watch the three guys behind him, they go up with both hands, and when the ball (is about) to get there they bat downwards. Look at the guy that comes in jumps up floating with one hand closes his hand trying to catch it like he's Randy Moss, and then after he realizes he blew the catch, swings his arm down at the ball that already bounced away. His initial move wasn't to knock the ball down, or he wouldn't have waited for the ball to float into his hand and try to grip it .
But there is no right answer to this.

Its a HAIL MARY, by definition it is simply a ball chucked x amount of yards into the endzone as a PRAYER that someone on your own team comes down with it.  Its hard enough to be the one to get your hand up on the ball, let alone be aware of where another player is thats trying to clean up a deflection like Titus was there.

Titus' WHOLE role in that play was to be ready for someone to knock it down, which is exactly what happened, even if #56 had hit it almost straight down titus was standing on the 1 yard line and could have still dove and got the TD.

MD Jennings intercepted the ball. There's really no 2 ways about it.  He did the right thing and the ref with the best view of the play called INT.  Who knows what drugs the head referee was on last night.

Packers got screwed! What if this ends up deciding a wild card spot? I am not even a pack fan and I am pissed I watched that aberration of a game. :smh:

But there is no right answer to this.

Its a HAIL MARY, by definition it is simply a ball chucked x amount of yards into the endzone as a PRAYER that someone on your own team comes down with it.  Its hard enough to be the one to get your hand up on the ball, let alone be aware of where another player is thats trying to clean up a deflection like Titus was there.

Titus' WHOLE role in that play was to be ready for someone to knock it down, which is exactly what happened, even if #56 had hit it almost straight down titus was standing on the 1 yard line and could have still dove and got the TD.

MD Jennings intercepted the ball. There's really no 2 ways about it.  He did the right thing and the ref with the best view of the play called INT.  Who knows what drugs the head referee was on last night.
W/e drugs the refs were on is one thing. I was just saying that Jennings didn't do the right thing imo. Titans ball wasn't knocked down it was tipped and Titus was in right place at right time. I guess other people have different opinions.

And from what I see #56 didn't originally try to knock it down he tried to intercept it with one hand. Defenders are taught the knock the ball straight down to their feet. Yes there can be some luck involved, but they can't even blame it as dumb luck when you didn't defend it properly.

In both situations the defender went for a pick and in both situations they lost.

The Packers got robbed last night, plain and simple. I hope this 1 loss doesn't effect them in making the playoffs this year.

This is what happens when the NFL and it's owners are too freaking rich to be freaking cheap to pay the original refs......

IMO there is absolutely no debating that that should have been a pick...but if you want to argue anyway, then I'll simply point out that blatant offensive pass interference that wasn't called. had he been allowed to jump up, there's no way Tate ever even gets a finger on that ball. it doesn't matter that they rarely call pass interference on the offense in that situation...something as blatant as that should have been called.

Not entirely true. Simultaneous possession counts even if the receiver only has a hand on the ball. Haven't you ever seen Larry or Mega go up for a one handed catch between the two arms of a defender and when the get to the ground the ball is wrapped in both their arms?...It goes to the WR! Always been the same, but the fact that it's MNF, for a game-winning TD, with replacement refs...It's looked at as a bad call. Only thing wrong was a missed PI.

Jennings went and intercepted the ball, came down and Tate had one arm on it, not even a hand!

From every angle its a interception, whatever drugs your on thats making you hallucinate to the point where your brain is telling your eyes thats a TD, please pm me the name.

EVERYBODY there shouldn't even be a debate about knocking the ball down or who had possession. None of this even matters if you call the most blatant pass interference ever. There is no catch if Shields is there.

The missed call with the interception even after the review is just an added exclamation as to how bad the refs are.

They just showed that the refs even missed an obvious block in the back at the LOS while Wilson was running around :lol: :lol: :lol:

Two missed penalties before there was even a catch to debate.

Last edited:
don't blame my hawks (some of y'all are in my opinion) blame the nfl and these hand me down officials, bad calls all night 24 to be exact (10 GB/14 SEA). the game is too fast for them leading to WTF calls as i am watching on tv. drive extenders chancellor pi call, rodgers knee down awarded first down leading to gb td. on final play roughing the passer occurring before pi by tate in endzone. on another note the game was way too long get real refs back asap. commish can overturn call giving pack the w but won't because other teams will want the same from previous game; cab't open that can of worms. hawk fans be happy with the win pack fans feel heated, players get focused don't let bad taste ruin rest of season for you.

that's because they slapped it in his direction you gotta knock it straight down or outta bounds if near back of endzone

So while a ball is traveling anywhere from 50-60yrds in the air, with 4-5 ppl around you. Your mind is going to tell you to knock it "straight down"

like the other 4-5 players around you are just going to watch you knock it "straight down" YEA oooOK.

Do you know how hard it is to track a long throw let alone go up for it with 4-6 other atheletes around you, also its almost always a trail WR on a hail marry, coached to play the knock down that you are talking about.

Jennings clearly intercepted the ball, its like we are arguing with blind trolls

:smh: come on man.

Last edited:
On ESPN a few guys were saying that simultaneous possession is not reviewable. So what did they review?

From what I've seen over the years there needs to be a few rule changes. Had there been a int call and it was in fact a TD , I don't think the officials could have reversed it. OPI is the only thing we can stand on and that needs to be called on the spot too. This just reeks of incompetence. The game is too fast and deadspin had a piece on some refs who couldn't make it in the lingerie football league, who the nfl picked up. Also it appears on the LOS, there was a block in the back/clipping on the defense that wasn't called. Yikes

The way the rules work, it's almost better to call it a TD, review it, and then decide.. The way the replays work now a days, you would think more things could be reviewable

Last edited:
^ I believe that the possession couldn't be reviewed, but since it was a scoring play, it had to be reviewed, and they were making sure that the ball didn't hit the ground.

Not justifying this in anyway.

Just asking.

But when there is simultaneous possession doesn't it always go to the offense ?

^ I believe that the possession couldn't be reviewed, but since it was a scoring play, it had to be reviewed, and they were making sure that the ball didn't hit the ground.
Make no mistake about it. This one could have been overturned. Rule 15, Section 9 makes the question of whether a pass was “ruled complete/incomplete/intercepted” subject to replay review, with no exception for questions of simultaneous possession.
So I guess they could have, I think..

it would have been simultaneous possession if Tate only didn't have an arm in there while Jennings had to hands on it while it's on his chest

just in NFL had the power to veto game and give Packers the win, they didn't. On to the next opponent.

it would have been simultaneous possession if Tate only didn't have an arm in there while Jennings had to hands on it while it's on his chest

Exactly. Tate basically got called the TD for possessing Jennings. One thing somebody else mentioned, only one time did they show the part where after they finally got everybody out of the pile, Tate had the ball and was laying on the ground as if he was doing snow angels.

Back
Top Bottom