OFFICIAL GSWARRIORS 2012 SEASON THREAD.

I'm really hoping what MT said was true...Bulls coming in the next day. I will be in the building if true.

Afflalo would've been a nice player to bring in. Forgot about Klay Thompson
ohwell.gif
. If they were to make a deal for Monta, I wouldn't mind having Afflalo as the starting 2.

Wasn't sure before, but now it looks like it's pretty concrete that we'd have 3 years to use amnesty before it expires...

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Wasn't sure before, but now it looks like it's pretty concrete that we'd have 3 years to use amnesty before it expires...
heard it was 6 earlier today with fitz/brooks, but it was fitz talking though.

6 Would be more than half the length of the new CBA
laugh.gif

I don't trust Fitz, 3 is more realistic.

Kawakami mentioned "multiple sources" told him Hornets would consider trading CP3 to the Warriors since they really like Curry. Not happening, but it's interesting. Nice to hear us in some good trade rumors for once.

laugh.gif

I believe there is a mutual opt out too after 6 years so that seems too long.

Thinking about it... why would the Warriors feel inclined on using their amnesty on someone this year? The big man FA aren't that good. Tyson Chandler is a good player, but around $15mil for Tyson Chandler is overpaying, IMO. Marc Gasol is a restricted FA and the Grizzlies have expressed their desire to match contract offers to keep him. DeAndre Jordan is also nice and according to Steinmetz, he's the most likely of the centers the Warriors could acquire, but is he a difference maker? Nene is the best of the bunch, but again, he would be most likely out of the Warriors price range if they don't amnesty Lee or Biedrins. But who's to say that Nene will even sign here even if we had the money? He has plenty of suitors. Better ones. With better casts.

Why not use amnesty next year? The class has more big men that I wouldn't mind playing for the Warriors in 2012. Granted a lot of them are resticted FA, but there aren't guarantees that their teams may want to match offers. Plus we'll have a really good amount of cap room to outbid players if we amnesty Lee.

Center
(name, team – 2011-12 salary – status)

Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic – $18.1 million – Early Termination Option ($19.5 million)
Roy Hibbert, Indiana Pacers – $2.6 million – Restricted ($3.7 million Qualifying Offer)
Andrew Bynum, L.A. Lakers – $14.9 million – Team Option ($16.1 million)
Brook Lopez, New Jersey Nets – $3.1 million – Restricted ($4.2 million Qualifying Offer)
Chris Kaman, L.A. Clippers – $12.7 million – Unrestricted
Greg Monroe, Detroit Pistons – $3.0 million – Team Option ($3.2 million)
JaVale McGee, Washington Wizards – $2.5 million – Restricted ($3.5 million Qualifying Offer)
Marcus Camby, Portland Trail Blazers – $12.9 million – Unrestricted
Robin Lopez, Phoenix Suns – $2.8 million – Restricted ($4.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Jermaine O’Neal, Boston Celtics – $6.2 million – Unrestricted
Nazr Mohammed, Oklahoma City Thunder – $3.8 million – Unrestricted
Omer Asik, Chicago Bulls – $1.9 million – Unrestricted*
Semih Erden, Cleveland Cavaliers – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
Ben Wallace, Detroit Pistons – $2.2 million – Unrestricted
Mehmet Okur, Utah Jazz – $10.9 million – Unrestricted
Earl Barron, Portland Trail Blazers – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Miami HEAT – $1.4 million – Unrestricted
Daniel Orton, Orlando Magic – $1.1 million – Team Option ($1.2 million)
Solomon Alabi, Toronto Raptors – $0.8 million – Team Option ($0.9 million)
David Andersen, New Orleans Hornets – $2.7 million – Unrestricted*
Hasheem Thabeet, Houston Rockets – $5.1 million – Team Option ($6.5 million)
Kosta Koufos, Denver Nuggets – $2.2 million – Restricted ($3.2 million Qualifying Offer)
DeSagana Diop, Charlotte Bobcats – $6.9 million – Player Option ($7.4 million)
Ryan Hollins, Cleveland Cavaliers – $2.5 million – Unrestricted

laugh.gif

exactly my point
laugh.gif

even if Paul comes to GSW, he's not gonna extend so why bother.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Thinking about it... why would the Warriors feel inclined on using their amnesty on someone this year? The big man FA aren't that good. Tyson Chandler is a good player, but around $15mil for Tyson Chandler is overpaying, IMO. Marc Gasol is a restricted FA and the Grizzlies have expressed their desire to match contract offers to keep him. DeAndre Jordan is also nice and according to Steinmetz, he's the most likely of the centers the Warriors could acquire, but is he a difference maker? Nene is the best of the bunch, but again, he would be most likely out of the Warriors price range if they don't amnesty Lee or Biedrins. But who's to say that Nene will even sign here even if we had the money? He has plenty of suitors. Better ones. With better casts.

Why not use amnesty next year? The class has more big men that I wouldn't mind playing for the Warriors in 2012. Granted a lot of them are resticted FA, but there aren't guarantees that their teams may want to match offers. Plus we'll have a really good amount of cap room to outbid players if we amnesty Lee.
i think it's already been rumored that Jordan will be matched by LAC, and I don't think it'd be wise to sign Chandler for his price.

regarding Howard and waiting till next year... we all know what happened the last time West was around when a big time C from ORL was available...

All of us are just anxious...

We know this team isn't destined to do a whole lot, at least this year. So that means another lost year, meanwhile a total buzz is going around.

Just sucks, I guess.

Knowing it can last for up to 3 years, I have a bit more faith if they use it, it'll be used wisely (versus Bell).

However, it's not going to be Lee, this year
laugh.gif

Though there's hope we may use it on him eventually....

I'd still want to use the amnesty on Lee, maybe not this season but he's still my first choice if he still doesn't improve on D this season.

I don't think the Ellis/Gay trade will happen, it just doesn't seem like a move to put the team over the hump of becoming contenders. Plus Gay's contract compared to Ellis is worse over the long run.

Also when does the schedule come out ? need to buy some tickets already.

and when does the draft start? who's going to pick out draft order?

The draft is still being worked out.
laugh.gif

I got to message NTL and see how the spreadsheet is coming along. I think the draft should start after free agency starts. It'll give us a better idea of how teams are structured and players' surroundings.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Kawakami mentioned "multiple sources" told him Hornets would consider trading CP3 to the Warriors since they really like Curry. Not happening, but it's interesting. Nice to hear us in some good trade rumors for once.
CP3 wants to be with the Knicks, which means he wouldnt do a sign and trade with us right? And there's no reason to "borrow" CP3 for one season.

Unless I'm missing something here, it makes no sense.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

CP3 wants to be with the Knicks, which means he wouldnt do a sign and trade with us right? And there's no reason to "borrow" CP3 for one season.

it's basically just NOR herp derpin and saying "yah if we trade Paul we want Curry roflmao!"

No - it's not subsidized I believe. Meaning, the Warriors are on the hook and any team who signs him at a minimum, only has to pay the minimum.
I believe I read somewhere about it being subsidized by the amount the next team pays for the amnestied player.

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by Luong1209

it's basically just NOR herp derpin and saying "yah if we trade Paul we want Curry roflmao!"
Haha, that's what I mean. Makes no sense for the Warriors to go through with it.

23 more days. Is anyone going to opening night? I might just stay at home with the fam.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Center
(name, team – 2011-12 salary – status)

Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic – $18.1 million – Early Termination Option ($19.5 million)
Roy Hibbert, Indiana Pacers – $2.6 million – Restricted ($3.7 million Qualifying Offer)
Andrew Bynum, L.A. Lakers – $14.9 million – Team Option ($16.1 million)
Brook Lopez, New Jersey Nets – $3.1 million – Restricted ($4.2 million Qualifying Offer)
Chris Kaman, L.A. Clippers – $12.7 million – Unrestricted
Greg Monroe, Detroit Pistons – $3.0 million – Team Option ($3.2 million)
JaVale McGee, Washington Wizards – $2.5 million – Restricted ($3.5 million Qualifying Offer)
Marcus Camby, Portland Trail Blazers – $12.9 million – Unrestricted
Robin Lopez, Phoenix Suns – $2.8 million – Restricted ($4.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Jermaine O’Neal, Boston Celtics – $6.2 million – Unrestricted
Nazr Mohammed, Oklahoma City Thunder – $3.8 million – Unrestricted
Omer Asik, Chicago Bulls – $1.9 million – Unrestricted*
Semih Erden, Cleveland Cavaliers – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
Ben Wallace, Detroit Pistons – $2.2 million – Unrestricted
Mehmet Okur, Utah Jazz – $10.9 million – Unrestricted
Earl Barron, Portland Trail Blazers – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Miami HEAT – $1.4 million – Unrestricted
Daniel Orton, Orlando Magic – $1.1 million – Team Option ($1.2 million)
Solomon Alabi, Toronto Raptors – $0.8 million – Team Option ($0.9 million)
David Andersen, New Orleans Hornets – $2.7 million – Unrestricted*
Hasheem Thabeet, Houston Rockets – $5.1 million – Team Option ($6.5 million)
Kosta Koufos, Denver Nuggets – $2.2 million – Restricted ($3.2 million Qualifying Offer)
DeSagana Diop, Charlotte Bobcats – $6.9 million – Player Option ($7.4 million)
Ryan Hollins, Cleveland Cavaliers – $2.5 million – Unrestricted

As much as I'm not a Stanford fan, even though my rotation is at Stanford right now and I love it there
laugh.gif
, I'd LOVE to have Broke Lopez on our squad if we could get him.  Bring him back to the Bay.

Back
Top Bottom