Official Heat vs Celtics Thread. The Wagon Lives On. Choo Choo!

indifferent.gif
some terrible calls against the celtics. the 2nd tech and the flagrant. this is the playoffs let them play.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by miamib30514

No. its clear as day that in every game in every thread the losing team has something to say about the reffing.

I'm not saying I agree with the rules of the game that benefit the offensive player, im saying that why are you expecting the refs

to alter the rules of the game because of a certain person. last time i checked

1. headbutting (albeit soft) is a tech.
2. Setting an illegal screen then jawing in someone face (dont know what was said) is a tech.

This dude...
laugh.gif

From the NBA is Rigged thread

23mx7gl.jpg

*applauses for effort*

But obviously sarcasm and actually reading the thread is not your forte.

Next time read the thread and you would realize i was actually disputing the fact everyone was calling refs crooked except

when the calls benefited rose, instead of realizing rose is good and getting to cup like lebron/wade.

Originally Posted by jmb1523

Boston in 6 or 7. James Jones wont see 20 points again this series.

Here we go with the traditional playoff game "find the biggest anomaly stat and point out that it's not likely to happen again in the series" comment. He has as much chance of scoring 20 again this series as Chris Bosh has of scoring 7 again and Ilgauskas, Bibby, Chalmers, Anthony and Miller scoring 5 points combined again.

Originally Posted by jmb1523

Boston in 6 or 7. James Jones wont see 20 points again this series.

Here we go with the traditional playoff game "find the biggest anomaly stat and point out that it's not likely to happen again in the series" comment. He has as much chance of scoring 20 again this series as Chris Bosh has of scoring 7 again and Ilgauskas, Bibby, Chalmers, Anthony and Miller scoring 5 points combined again.

No. its clear as day that in every game in every thread the losing team has something to say about the reffing.

I'm not saying I agree with the rules of the game that benefit the offensive player, im saying that why are you expecting the refs

2. Setting an illegal screen then jawing in someone face (dont know what was said) is a tech.

This dude...
laugh.gif

23mx7gl.jpg

*applauses for effort*

But obviously sarcasm and actually reading the thread is not your forte.

Next time read the thread and you would realize i was actually disputing the fact everyone was calling refs crooked except

when the calls benefited rose, instead of realizing rose is good and getting to cup like lebron/wade.

Originally Posted by do work son

streethoopkilla wrote:
I just dont get why you dont them play. Its the Celtics and Heat with a lot of stories within and a rivalvry that started before this new Miami roster. Why would you have an outcome as to who would win, even though the celtics were down anyway. Just let them play it out. Players talk, push, and get in each others faces just like any bball court any other league. Let them go at it when someone throws a jab thats when you throw an ejection

because the NBA can't let it go to that. that's how it used to be, and then the "malice at the palace" happened. after that, there was so much negative media towards the NBA, people branding it as "thug ball" etc.  so the NBA made changes.
it's all politics at the end of the day. i agree it's way softer now, and i don't like it, but that's the way it is.

Exactly. I cant say for sure whether refs are cohersed etc to make or not make calls ie like in the great days of the 80's/90's. But yea the officiating is def different and is "softer" then of the 80's and 90's. I mean ppl complaining about ppl should get tossed for getting into ppl face and talking trash and cursing etc. Yet this very website is pretty much made after a series of shoes by a man who did this throught his entire career. Btw i witness live first hand. But calls all aside i dont think the celtics/heat game outcome would have changed. I still think the heat would have been triumphant  

streethoopkilla wrote:
I just dont get why you dont them play. Its the Celtics and Heat with a lot of stories within and a rivalvry that started before this new Miami roster. Why would you have an outcome as to who would win, even though the celtics were down anyway. Just let them play it out. Players talk, push, and get in each others faces just like any bball court any other league. Let them go at it when someone throws a jab thats when you throw an ejection

because the NBA can't let it go to that. that's how it used to be, and then the "malice at the palace" happened. after that, there was so much negative media towards the NBA, people branding it as "thug ball" etc.  so the NBA made changes.
it's all politics at the end of the day. i agree it's way softer now, and i don't like it, but that's the way it is.

Exactly. I cant say for sure whether refs are cohersed etc to make or not make calls ie like in the great days of the 80's/90's. But yea the officiating is def different and is "softer" then of the 80's and 90's. I mean ppl complaining about ppl should get tossed for getting into ppl face and talking trash and cursing etc. Yet this very website is pretty much made after a series of shoes by a man who did this throught his entire career. Btw i witness live first hand. But calls all aside i dont think the celtics/heat game outcome would have changed. I still think the heat would have been triumphant  

my feeling for the C's in these playoffs is similar to that in '09..... what i mean is, in '09 i knew something key (KG) was missing and knew he was not coming back. i knew we had to make do with what we had and we cannot count on him returning. I feel the same way this season about our bench. we don;t have one. and if (ever since the trade) we haven't developed one now against Heat in Rnd 2, then it means it ain't happening. so it's kind of like that thing that's missing. our starters will play and keep a game competitive or take a lead. then the bench comes in a will get outplayed forcing the starters to have to work harder to fight back like in this game, or have to play competitive due to close games like in the case of the knicks series...

my feeling for the C's in these playoffs is similar to that in '09..... what i mean is, in '09 i knew something key (KG) was missing and knew he was not coming back. i knew we had to make do with what we had and we cannot count on him returning. I feel the same way this season about our bench. we don;t have one. and if (ever since the trade) we haven't developed one now against Heat in Rnd 2, then it means it ain't happening. so it's kind of like that thing that's missing. our starters will play and keep a game competitive or take a lead. then the bench comes in a will get outplayed forcing the starters to have to work harder to fight back like in this game, or have to play competitive due to close games like in the case of the knicks series...

Originally Posted by durantula

straight up wade got in pierces face, i have no idea what these heat fans are saying pierce went at wade.

i don't think it's anyone saying PP went at wade, and if they do then they are blind. Wade definitely instigated it, and PP reacted. a double technical was called on wade and PP, which happened to be the 2nd one on PP and he got tossed. end of story.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

didnt see the game. can someone give me an honest opinion on how the game was?

1st quarter was rather even, early in the 2nd rondo got his 3rd on a bad call, A bs flagrant happened to give Miami a 5 point swing, 3rd quarter miami held down its lead, 4th piece got ejected on some bs. Bottom line-- Celtics played bad and Heat had a better game and a lil help from the refs, despite the bad calls i still think Heat would have won, it would have been a closer game tho.

This dude...
laugh.gif

23mx7gl.jpg
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Freshh, you're saying a whole lot of nothing my friend. You'll be ghost as usual if they lose. Keep on playing that trumpet though.

348myw0.gif

The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room.

straight up wade got in pierces face, i have no idea what these heat fans are saying pierce went at wade.

i don't think it's anyone saying PP went at wade, and if they do then they are blind. Wade definitely instigated it, and PP reacted. a double technical was called on wade and PP, which happened to be the 2nd one on PP and he got tossed. end of story.

This dude...
laugh.gif

23mx7gl.jpg
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Freshh, you're saying a whole lot of nothing my friend. You'll be ghost as usual if they lose. Keep on playing that trumpet though.

348myw0.gif

The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

didnt see the game. can someone give me an honest opinion on how the game was?

1st quarter was rather even, early in the 2nd rondo got his 3rd on a bad call, A bs flagrant happened to give Miami a 5 point swing, 3rd quarter miami held down its lead, 4th piece got ejected on some bs. Bottom line-- Celtics played bad and Heat had a better game and a lil help from the refs, despite the bad calls i still think Heat would have won, it would have been a closer game tho.

Its the playoffs tho, you can give 2 people a technical  for a few words thrown at each other. ITS THE PLAYOFFS

Its the playoffs tho, you can give 2 people a technical  for a few words thrown at each other. ITS THE PLAYOFFS

Originally Posted by LDJ

streethoopkilla wrote:

the soft NBA will never go back to the glory days of McHale clotheslining Rambis or Parrish punching Laimbeer and getting no suspensions..... 

Originally Posted by LDJ

streethoopkilla wrote:

the soft NBA will never go back to the glory days of McHale clotheslining Rambis or Parrish punching Laimbeer and getting no suspensions..... 

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

i hope pierce doesn't get suspended...that definitely does not warrant a suspension
i think he will be based on a precedent being set in the first round with zaza and j-rich. if you suspended them, you have to suspend PP right?
nerd.gif

(i don't think he should be suspended, but i understand if he does)

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

i hope pierce doesn't get suspended...that definitely does not warrant a suspension
i think he will be based on a precedent being set in the first round with zaza and j-rich. if you suspended them, you have to suspend PP right?
nerd.gif

(i don't think he should be suspended, but i understand if he does)

Back
Top Bottom