Official Heat vs Celtics Thread. The Wagon Lives On. Choo Choo!

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by miamib30514

No. its clear as day that in every game in every thread the losing team has something to say about the reffing.

I'm not saying I agree with the rules of the game that benefit the offensive player, im saying that why are you expecting the refs

to alter the rules of the game because of a certain person. last time i checked

1. headbutting (albeit soft) is a tech.
2. Setting an illegal screen then jawing in someone face (dont know what was said) is a tech.

This dude...
laugh.gif

From the NBA is Rigged thread

23mx7gl.jpg
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Freshh, you're saying a whole lot of nothing my friend. You'll be ghost as usual if they lose. Keep on playing that trumpet though.

348myw0.gif

The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room.

I told you, if LeBron gets bashed I get right bashed with him...

Don't be mad that i'm dancing all over yall Celtics fans...yall going fishing!
pimp.gif

I'm loud and proud...take me to judge judy !

Don't knock me and my celebratin'!

I'm gonna OD when we win the chip
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by miamib30514

No. its clear as day that in every game in every thread the losing team has something to say about the reffing.

I'm not saying I agree with the rules of the game that benefit the offensive player, im saying that why are you expecting the refs

to alter the rules of the game because of a certain person. last time i checked

1. headbutting (albeit soft) is a tech.
2. Setting an illegal screen then jawing in someone face (dont know what was said) is a tech.

This dude...
laugh.gif

From the NBA is Rigged thread

23mx7gl.jpg
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Freshh, you're saying a whole lot of nothing my friend. You'll be ghost as usual if they lose. Keep on playing that trumpet though.

348myw0.gif

The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room.

I told you, if LeBron gets bashed I get right bashed with him...

Don't be mad that i'm dancing all over yall Celtics fans...yall going fishing!
pimp.gif

I'm loud and proud...take me to judge judy !

Don't knock me and my celebratin'!

I'm gonna OD when we win the chip
laugh.gif

I don't see how Pierce could be suspended for that altercation with James Jones.

He just rubbed his face up against Jones, Jones just oversold it.

I don't see how Pierce could be suspended for that altercation with James Jones.

Originally Posted by toine2983

C's need to be careful with Jones. He is getting under their skin and he's also a good actor.... with the Pierce face rubbing and the flagrant on Jermaine. He'll keep doing it as long as he knows he can get away with it. Doc needs to tell his guys to watch out with Jones.

Originally Posted by toine2983

C's need to be careful with Jones. He is getting under their skin and he's also a good actor.... with the Pierce face rubbing and the flagrant on Jermaine. He'll keep doing it as long as he knows he can get away with it. Doc needs to tell his guys to watch out with Jones.

obviously not everyone knows
eyes.gif
denotes sarcasm.

or actually reads threads before they think what to say.

Anyways, done with that thats the past game 1 good game.

If Celtics win game 2 this will all be pointless anyway.

until tuesday...

obviously not everyone knows
eyes.gif
denotes sarcasm.

or actually reads threads before they think what to say.

Anyways, done with that thats the past game 1 good game.

If Celtics win game 2 this will all be pointless anyway.

until tuesday...

They played terrible, they didnt get anything going till the 4th, kg played bad rondo played bad, pierce played terrible till 2 minutes before he got ejected. they're going to come out for blood in game 2, heat should be scared they only won by 9.
they played terrible? today was the Celtics team that has been playing for the better part of the past few months.

People thought they flipped the switch when they drained a ton of 3's in Game 3 in NY and then the Knicks rolled over..from everything I've seen, today was more of what the C's really are right now.

They played terrible, they didnt get anything going till the 4th, kg played bad rondo played bad, pierce played terrible till 2 minutes before he got ejected. they're going to come out for blood in game 2, heat should be scared they only won by 9.
they played terrible? today was the Celtics team that has been playing for the better part of the past few months.

People thought they flipped the switch when they drained a ton of 3's in Game 3 in NY and then the Knicks rolled over..from everything I've seen, today was more of what the C's really are right now.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

LOL@ these laker fans...aka don't know who to root for....

but seems like some of the kobe homers are going with the celtics ROFLMAO.

or maybe laker fans would rather have their team play their biggest rival and have the chance to tie boston in championships at the celtics expense. plus with the celtics and lakers both having beat eachother in the finals recently it would be good to get a rubber match between the two.        plus who wouldn't prefer having home court in the finals on top of that.

that being said if the celtics are to make it to the finals im sure the players and their fans would prefer having a chance to beat the lakers  as opposed to going against dallas, okc, or memphis.
right...
laugh.gif

or maybe laker fans would rather have their team play their biggest rival and have the chance to tie boston in championships at the celtics expense. plus with the celtics and lakers both having beat eachother in the finals recently it would be good to get a rubber match between the two.        plus who wouldn't prefer having home court in the finals on top of that.

that being said if the celtics are to make it to the finals im sure the players and their fans would prefer having a chance to beat the lakers  as opposed to going against dallas, okc, or memphis.
right...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Kno1 wants to give Miami credit.. They have to win the chip before there's even a chance of it..  I see them doing exactly that

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Kno1 wants to give Miami credit.. They have to win the chip before there's even a chance of it..  I see them doing exactly that

Originally Posted by durantula

Originally Posted by NobleKane

didnt see the game. can someone give me an honest opinion on how the game was?

1st quarter was rather even, early in the 2nd rondo got his 3rd on a bad call, A bs flagrant happened to give Miami a 5 point swing, 3rd quarter miami held down its lead, 4th piece got ejected on some bs. Bottom line-- Celtics played bad and Heat had a better game and a lil help from the refs, despite the bad calls i still think Heat would have won, it would have been a closer game tho.

ok thanks. yea seen many games with bad officiating, teams can overcome that. ive seen many games where refs try to influence a winner but the victims would not let it happen. if you have the will to win nothing will get in the way of your goal. not even crappy officiating.

i just think stern figures this might be the last chance he can have that lebron/kobe dream matchup in the finals. i think that is what we will see barring a laker meltdown which i can see possibly happening...

not to take anything away from the heat. i think they can get to the finals on their own.

Originally Posted by durantula

Originally Posted by NobleKane

didnt see the game. can someone give me an honest opinion on how the game was?

1st quarter was rather even, early in the 2nd rondo got his 3rd on a bad call, A bs flagrant happened to give Miami a 5 point swing, 3rd quarter miami held down its lead, 4th piece got ejected on some bs. Bottom line-- Celtics played bad and Heat had a better game and a lil help from the refs, despite the bad calls i still think Heat would have won, it would have been a closer game tho.

ok thanks. yea seen many games with bad officiating, teams can overcome that. ive seen many games where refs try to influence a winner but the victims would not let it happen. if you have the will to win nothing will get in the way of your goal. not even crappy officiating.

i just think stern figures this might be the last chance he can have that lebron/kobe dream matchup in the finals. i think that is what we will see barring a laker meltdown which i can see possibly happening...

not to take anything away from the heat. i think they can get to the finals on their own.

This series really comes down to this:

For the Celtics: KG being a presence in the post, he needs more touches with his back to the basket against Bosh. That turnaround fade away jumper is almost automatic

For the Heat: Guys like James Jones hitting open 3s. Jones won't be this hot, but that doesn't mean other guys won't hit open shots. Bosh missed many good looks today.

This series really comes down to this:

For the Celtics: KG being a presence in the post, he needs more touches with his back to the basket against Bosh. That turnaround fade away jumper is almost automatic

For the Heat: Guys like James Jones hitting open 3s. Jones won't be this hot, but that doesn't mean other guys won't hit open shots. Bosh missed many good looks today.

Yes there were some bad calls, but the game wasn't blatantly one-sided. Miami came out ready to play and played great defense. Celtics came out slow and much less aggressive. Miami came out, got steals, blacks, took chargers, and went to the rack strong. That is why they won. I agree that Paul Pierce shouldn't have got tossed but he and Wade were exchanging words when he already had 1 tech, why would he risk that? They both got techs and he got tossed, it was like being in the wrong place at the wrong time, sometimes it happens. Overall good win for my Heat
pimp.gif

Yes there were some bad calls, but the game wasn't blatantly one-sided. Miami came out ready to play and played great defense. Celtics came out slow and much less aggressive. Miami came out, got steals, blacks, took chargers, and went to the rack strong. That is why they won. I agree that Paul Pierce shouldn't have got tossed but he and Wade were exchanging words when he already had 1 tech, why would he risk that? They both got techs and he got tossed, it was like being in the wrong place at the wrong time, sometimes it happens. Overall good win for my Heat
pimp.gif

right...
laugh.gif

your a troll who rides lebrons meat.  your opinion in anything sports related is invalid

Yes there were some bad calls, but the game wasn't blatantly one-sided. Miami came out ready to play and played great defense. Celtics came out slow and much less aggressive. Miami came out, got steals, blocks, took charges, and went to the rack strong. That is why they won. I agree that Paul Pierce shouldn't have got tossed but he and Wade were exchanging words when he already had 1 tech, why would he risk that? They both got techs and he got tossed, it was like being in the wrong place at the wrong time, sometimes it happens. Overall good win for my Heat
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by do work son

because the NBA can't let it go to that. that's how it used to be, and then the "malice at the palace" happened. after that, there was so much negative media towards the NBA, people branding it as "thug ball" etc.  so the NBA made changes.
it's all politics at the end of the day. i agree it's way softer now, and i don't like it, but that's the way it is.

Exactly. I cant say for sure whether refs are cohersed etc to make or not make calls ie like in the great days of the 80's/90's. But yea the officiating is def different and is "softer" then of the 80's and 90's. I mean ppl complaining about ppl should get tossed for getting into ppl face and talking trash and cursing etc. Yet this very website is pretty much made after a series of shoes by a man who did this throught his entire career. Btw i witness live first hand. But calls all aside i dont think the celtics/heat game outcome would have changed. I still think the heat would have been triumphant  
the soft NBA will never go back to the glory days of McHale clotheslining Rambis or Parrish punching Laimbeer and getting no suspensions..... 

Or karl malone and stockton patent pick and roll/pop aka catch you in the chest neck with the smooth brush of the shoulder, rodmans infamous undercutting, mj's step on feet/toes as you go up for rebounds or his magical way of drawing fouls on fadeaways when he was tired/have a off shooting game to get to the line. Even if the game were to go back to the blood,sweat,tears game ppl would still complain. 

I can see it now especially with the amount of LeBron haters and how clearly he has a size advantage over most players he encounter. I could see it now him sneaking a elbow shot to rondo to help wade on a screen. The haters would riot and try to burn him at the cross. Imagine if players talked half the %@% mj did in his day, ppl would be outraged. Probably boycott players/teams etc. For everyone complaining about the way the game has turned soft, there would be far more complaints if the game was no hold bars like the previous generations.

Back
Top Bottom