Official Hiking Thread

Back at it today. Need to get in shape because I'm beat. Ran most of the way back down and need to ice my knees. I'm old. :lol:

Is this grave-digging? (LOL)

I‘ve been slacking on hikes since moving back to Seattle 3+ years ago. Hit up Sea To Sky in Squamish, BC last year and swore I’d make a habit of hiking at least 1-2 times a month, between BC and Washington, but then the pandemic hit.

Parks are opening up and I’m eager to get back to Canada eventually to hit up some trails. Any advice on waterproof shoes for quick day hikes? I’ve been eyeing the Hoka Hoka One speed demon GTX or some Nike React GTX, but wondering if I should get a gore-tex boot first. All I have is some waterproof snow boots, which would be way too hot for the summer.

Also in for a recommendation on some trail hiking/running shoes. I’ve been thugging it out in these Adidas NMDs but I’m tired of slipping all over the place.

Hikes range from 6-9 miles. I like to do a couple stretches of jogging but it’s mostly walking. REI Outlet has the La Sportiva Akasha on sale. Not available in store so can’t try them on.

^^^
I ended up getting the Hoka One One Speedgoat and like them a lot. It’s soft and the sole is sticky with great traction.

For the type of hiking you listed I’d try the new Pegasus Trail 2, they’re currently 25% off right now with Eastbay’s code.

Back
Top Bottom