OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

i've been enjoying that kings series so far.

they've been legitametely beating the canucks though. you can tell when a team wins games by luck and everythings going their way, but the kings are outplaying the canucks all around.

they've sucked at home in the playoffs the last 2 seasons though, i hope they don't let up tomorrow

i agree, and its crazy how much they miss sedin. I mean it messes up all the lines with each line basically loosing a player. I dont think lunongo will start tomorrow even though he should. Also feel like if the nucks make a first round exit, hes not going to be in vancouver next year.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Playoff hockey >
pimp.gif

Polak just had a certain burst of energy and was like "@+%# it" and just starting throwin bows at Braun! 
roll.gif

these are some of the best 1st round games I've have seen in years and I'm not complaining about the past years 

yuppp.....Sens with the W!

The boys are pumped!

was given tickets to monday's game and may be going to NYC next weekend for the game with Karlssons fam!

*Sidenote: the elbow by Hagelin on Alfie was so uncalled for... I dont know why he did that considering theyre friends and countryman...

Didnt realize until this morning that Boyle/Karlsson have a history. I now get why the Sens went after him. Dude outweighs Karlsson by 75 pounds and tries to fight him in game 1, but wont answer the bell vs. Carkner in game 2 like he didnt know it was coming? Yup, he's the biggest !*$#+ in the nhl.

Js, I should have clarified. Meant Wideman's contribution in OT on one particular game-ending save against the Boston forward helped keep Washington in it. Plus Semin's defensive work. 
Well-deserved OT victory for Chicago. Hope they take the series. Vermette has been lights out for Phoenix. 

I was fortunate enough to catch that STL/SJ brawl right at the end. Polak snapped.

Tortorella had the right strategy against Karlsson in Game 1. Put a body on him, rough him up and you'll get in his head mentally. Glad to see Karlsson bounce back in Game 2 because ultimately I do want Ottawa to pull off the 1-8 upset. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Playoff hockey >
Roman is a man. Straight up.

Props to Carkner for defending Karlsson. If Boyle wants to plead ignorance and keep his hands down, then let him feel it a couple of times.

can someone tell me how to change my avy.. i think its been way past overdue with my heatley avy ahah

Just realized that with the Caps/B's series going to DC, Dale Hunter now has the opportunity to get the last change as far as lineups on the ice. This is going to be CRUCIAL in making sure Ovechkin & Co. are not going up against Chara/Seidenberg. Speaking of whom....is there a better defensive pairing in the NHL? Those two are SO good.

*ChampCru...I see what you're saying now (about Wideman).

The playoffs so far have been ridiculously good. There is some real animosity between the teams fighting for the Cup. The best thing is...it's only going to get better
pimp.gif
As fans, we've really been spoiled so far. I love football, basketball, and baseball...but there is no playoff atmosphere quite like what the NHL has. If you're a casual fan, tune in today. You'll be hooked.

Back
Top Bottom