OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Its not hard to rag doll a guy after two hand slashing him on the wrists, THEN dropping the gloves while the guy is hurt because of the slash and in pain, then begin to rag doll him.. word to

20:00 MIN Dany Heatley : Roughing - 2 min (Marc-Edouard Vlasic)
20:00 SJS Marc-Edouard Vlasic : Slashing - 5 min (Dany Heatley)
20:00 SJS Marc-Edouard Vlasic : Game misconduct - 10 min (Dany Heatley)

20:00 SJS Brad Stuart : Hooking - 2 min (Jared Spurgeon)

Vlasic is a *****...

And there it is.. :smh:

Yeo indicated Heatley will be out for awhile #mnwild

Last edited:
^ oh i'm not making fun of heater...it just looked funny.

but that's not all on vlassic. heater and parise were getting their Wolf "The Dentist" Stanton on in the third and in those final two minutes. entertaining end to the game...too bad it wasn't a one goal game at that point.

Minnesota got fleeced.

Larsson has upside, Hackett is a future starter PLUS two unnecessary picks in exchange for an underperforming centre with one year of term.

Whats with people being so high on Hackett? :lol:

Dude is probably going to be another Josh Harding. Id be EXTREMELY surprised if he somehow fills Miller's shoes when/if hes traded. MN fans have more faith in Kuemper and Gustafssoon. Larsson and the 1st was the overpayment .. It shouldve been one or the other.

The 2nd in exhange for the 4th and Hackett werent .. Those are whatever.

Ill miss Johan. I was high on him. Koivu-Lite. But we have SOOOO many fwd prospects not even signed yet, it makes him expendable even though many didnt want it to be HIM. And the 1st , is always an IF the pick turns out to be someone special. And Poms is a All-Star 2 way forward. under performing .. Not exactly. Very underrated. Especially when hes been stuck in Buffalo.

We get fleeced? Nahhh. We did lose the trade though. Sure. at least as of now. Ill agree with that.

Like i said though, Time will tell.

He's a family friend, so I'm obviously biased, but most scouting reports are consistent with my assessment.

The deal was lopsided before I saw the first was added. Why the Wild allowed that pick to be tacked on is mind-boggling. I'm still of the mind that Minnesota needs to be building for a run in the 3-5 years. The current team won't come out of the West.

Moreover, Pominville has regressed over the last several seasons and there's no guarantee he re-signs after next year, either.

Is two prospects plus a first and second worth it for one and a half years of a 25 and 30 player? Not in my opinion.

Last edited:

Oh I see. Dont blame you having faith him then. Idk man, seeing him play when hes actually in the big show, he literally either has a decent performance or lets the flood gates open in his starts for the Wild. And he has been beat out this yr by Kuemper for the starting job in the AHL.

In a full 82 game season, Poms has never had less than 62pts. Not bad. But like i said though, There was a overpayment. I still think hes underrated though.

And about the 1 1/2 yr thing. I think Fletcher thought about that. Im sure theyll make an effort to resign him. Especially with Heatleys and Hardings contract being bought out. Bouchard contract is up. Clutterbuck, although hes a HUGE fan fave, being a RFA which could lead him to being traded at the draft for picks and frees up more money. And resigning players like Backstrom and Cullen to even cheaper contracts. I think its not out the question he resigns and for a decent price as well.

We'll see. What Flecther has done with this franchise is amazing compared to what we had 2-3 yrs ago. Although i question the trade, its hard to doubt him .

Last edited:
IDK, I don't think he's worth what you gave up and especially for over $5mm on the books for another season. But we'll see.

Last edited:
So, the other spare part in the Forsberg/Erat deal was a kid named Michael Latta. He's a centerman who led Milwaukee in assists. On top of it all, he'll fight ANYONE. I've seen comparisons to Steve Downie. My guess is that he'll be with the caps next year on either the 3rd or 4th lines.

IDK, I don't think he's worth what you gave up and especially for over $5mm on the books for another season. But we'll see.
Heatley isnt worth what he gets now. And Poms is cheaper. :lol:

Im not to worried about the 5mm. We'll be fine with all the contracts coming off the books next yr.

and the man just posted 73pts last season. and hes still a bonafide top line guy

What do you think David Clarkson will be worth when hes a UFA? Im sure he'll be look ing for 4-5mm when hes hits the open market.. Is clarkson as good as Poms for the same amount of cash?

Fletcher will get him re-sign. A year is a lot of time.

With Heatley and Bouchard on the outs, we need another RW, ideally one better than Setoguchi. And that's what we got.

Last edited:
I can see that side of it.

Let's not even talk about Clarkson, my man fell to the 7th hell after that hot start :lol:

Its not hard to rag doll a guy after two hand slashing him on the wrists, THEN dropping the gloves while the guy is hurt because of the slash and in pain, then begin to rag doll him.. word to

20:00 MIN Dany Heatley : Roughing - 2 min (Marc-Edouard Vlasic)
20:00 SJS Marc-Edouard Vlasic : Slashing - 5 min (Dany Heatley)
20:00 SJS Marc-Edouard Vlasic : Game misconduct - 10 min (Dany Heatley)

20:00 SJS Brad Stuart : Hooking - 2 min (Jared Spurgeon)

Vlasic is a *****...

And there it is..
mean.gif

Yeo indicated Heatley will be out for awhile #mnwild

Vlasic pushed Heatley from behind and slashed him on the back. Heatley turns around and slashes Vlasic on the wrist. It looks like Vlasic slashes him once on the wrist in retaliation. After that, it looks like Heatley tries to take a shot at Vlasic and just gets dropped. So, yeah. Poor Heatley? 

Last edited:
OK...I'm not as sour about this trade as I was yesterday.

I had some time this morning, so I went back and was looking for a reason as to why Forsberg slipped to #11 in the draft. I didn't find an answer, but I found an interesting comment from George McPhee:

A blended group of projections put together by TSN also had him going No. 2 overall and that network itself rated him the third-best player. Forsberg was the top European skater available, according to NHL.com. McPhee told reporters in Pittsburgh that the scouts at Washington’s table “were unanimous.” Forsberg wasn’t in their plans. Didn’t matter. They had to take him. McPhee tried to throw out other options for them to chew on – hence the back-and-forth discussion caught on television as the Caps were on the clock – but they weren’t biting.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/swede-forsberg-slips-to-caps-at-no.-11/article/2500435

The fact that he wasn't in their plans led me to believe that he was going to be moved at some point down the road. There wasn't a chance that he suited up for the Caps. We can debate whether the return (Erat/Latta) was good, but Forsberg was NEVER part of the long-term plans of the club no matter where he ranked on the prospect depth chart.

I just now came across a blog post from Pierre LeBrun that pretty much echoed my same sentiments:

And yes, perhaps GM George McPhee could have gotten more had he waited until the summer to shop Forsberg fully to the league. You see, I believe the Caps were going to trade Forsberg at some point no matter what, internally souring on the prospect, a player they no longer viewed as a top center in the making.

Scouts I’ve spoken with have mixed opinions. Some still view him as a top center in the making, at least a No. 2, but others are concerned by his foot speed. The latter is what concerned Washington.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/23253/rumblings-good-deal-for-preds-caps

Now, all of this can blow up in the Caps' face if Forsberg turns out to be a stud like many people expect. If that happens, this trade will go down as one of the biggest blunders in deadline history. Believe me, George McPhee WILL be mentioned with Mike Milbury when talking about incompetence from a FO standpoint.

All of that out of the way, people in Nashville are sad to see Erat go. The expectations for him going forward are that he'll be much more dynamic in Oates' system because of the offensive freedom. What the team runs in DC is a stark contrast to what Trotz runs in Nashville. Think about it....he led the team in scoring with only 21 points. That's awful. That goes to show that Trotz's system isn't exactly beneficial for players who have a lot of offensive creativity/skill. Erat has been a 50+ point scorer for the majority of his career. Playing alongside of Backstrom and (possibly) Ribeiro in the future SHOULD make him a scoring winger who can put up anywhere between 60-70+ points if healthy.

Also, I've been doing a lot of reading on Michael Latta. One of the articles I came across was a blog on the Milwaukee Admirals website. There was nothing but good things that people said about him. A true spark on the ice and a class-act off it. When the trade was being worked on, David Poile insisted that the deal was Erat + a draft pick for Forsberg. Geroge McPhee was ADAMANT about him including Latta. There is obviously something there with the kid or else he wouldn't have been a target of the Caps. They don't keep track of faceoff % in the AHL, but he led the OHL when he was playing there. The names I've seen compared to Latta are Downie, Ott, and Cooke. This is EXACTLY what the team needs.

If you haven't noticed, there is a complete culture change going on with the Caps. It's no secret that they've been a soft team over the years. A team that would get shoved and do nothing back. McPhee has been slowly integrating more sandpaper in the organization. Volpatti, Reichliz (sp?), Olesky, Latta, etc. are all guys who bring a physical and agitator presence to the franchise. Not to mention that we have an absolute HORSE in the system in Tom Wilson. In thinking about the trade, it's curious to me that the team would keep Wilson and let Forsberg walk, but again...Forsberg was probably never in the plans to begin with.

Anyways, with conference realignment happening next year, teams around the league have to alter their rosters a bit. With the Caps now being paired up with Pittsburgh, Philly, the Ranger,s and Devils, they had to get a lot tougher. Not saying this is going to be the black and blue division like the NFC North, but it's going to be EXTREMELY physical with a few line-brawls bound to happen.

If I was to give this trade a rating right now (after I've calmed down), I'll give it a 7/10.

Next year, this team is going to look completely different

Laich-Backstrom-Ovechkin
Erat-*Ribeiro-Brouwer
Johansson-*Latta-Ward
*Wilson/Volpatti/Perrault-Beagle-Hendricks

Welp, he (Vlasic) was fined. So that should tell you all you need to know.

And Heatley swung and missed on his slash btw ... :lol:

Anyways,

Mikael Granlund recalled. Pominville will play tonight for the Wild.

Last edited:
Sydney crosby out for rest of season with concussion symptoms. I worried about that the second he went down

Where did you read that?

I was like "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?" when you posted but i cant find anything that says that..

This was a tweet from the Official Pens Twitter account..

#Pens coach Bylsma saw Crosby and said "he looks good. Still dealing with teeth issues. Talks fine but has dental work ahead of him."

Sooo....?

how much was he fined?

that sucks for him, but the league is pretty clear on retaliation. plus is heater actually injured? he was doubled over heading off the ice.

The Crosby concussion speculation is from Howard Eskin's Twitter. I wouldn't put any stock into a Philadelphia radio guy being the only person saying Crosby has a concussion. Sounds like BS.

The Crosby concussion speculation is from Howard Eskin's Twitter. I wouldn't put any stock into a Philadelphia radio guy being the only person saying Crosby has a concussion. Sounds like BS.

He's a douche but he does have a lot of connects

Who knows these days with social media m

Post gazette said no concussion symptoms multiple times. I tend to believe that but still worth just watching. Miss you Sid

He was also at Consol today and hung out with Byslma and Iginla. Jerome said he was talking

Back
Top Bottom