OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

danielle paille left tonights game with a probably concussion
30t6p3b.gif

Was that b/c of the collision w. Malkin?   
nah he took a solid hit from barch last night which had him woozy

the collision with malkin was
eek.gif
tho

and DJs...AO better come through tonight. don't need the leafs to win
laugh.gif

i'm going to the game...always fun to see AO play in person
pimp.gif

great win last night. 
i think Bourdon and Marshall could be very solid second pair defensemen. Gusta could be very good as well.  They will still need a number one dman in the future but the d prospects isn't that bad at all!

Read reminds me a lot of Gagne. 

danielle paille left tonights game with a probably concussion
30t6p3b.gif

*Calling it now....Ovechkin w. 2g/1a tonight. 

30t6p3b.gif

You were right last time, let's hope Ovi gets his 3pts but the Buds still win
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Nucks playing well, nice little comeback in Montreal last night.
Luongo still looking shakey, but is making the saves when he needs to. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

Tyler Seguin, Jeff Skinner, RNH, Ryan Johansen and Sean Couturier are all eligible for Canada's world junior team
30t6p3b.gif
yikes that would be a good team

Realistically, the first three are out almost for sure, with the last two probably not playing. 
Still, that'd be amazing. I went to grab a couple nose-bleeds but found Canada doesn't even play a round robin game here (Calgary).

Physicx, you hitting up any of their games in Edmonton?

the last 500 packages went on sale today at 10, but i was in at 10:02 and everything was basically sold out
laugh.gif

i think ill go to the opener vs finland on boxing day if i can get some. then i guess ill hit up some of the non-canada games. id LIKE to go to the usa-canada game...but, yeah
laugh.gif

how much are they asking in calgary for the medal games?

stilln, thanks for your help. exchanging for a M tonight

Pronger out with a concussion; I think he might just be done 
frown.gif

No problem Physicx; jersey is too sick to just settle for a size you don't like, medium will fit you much better.   I have a Hextall and Clarke M&N and both have short sleeves; just something I have learned to deal with but medium will give some more length.

empire- I know that realistically none of those guys would be playing, but I was still thinking about how great that team would be

And I hope Ovie has a big game tonight, he's been killing my fantasy team
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Just like I called it...Wideman, 3g/1a
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Who the hell saw that one coming????

As far as Ovechkin...dude has a lil' pep in his step right now. Not mad at all w. the way he's playing. Dude was BATTLING all night w. Phaneuf. Fun to watch.

caps game was fun. they really hate semin in DC, huh
laugh.gif

my dude wideman with the trick tonight
pimp.gif

you didnt douche it up and wear a bruins jersey to the game, did you?
laugh.gif

anyways, all homerism aside...RNH is winning the calder. its not even close right now

Originally Posted by Physicx

you didnt douche it up and wear a bruins jersey to the game, did you?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

nah no jersey. plain black tshirt. did have my bosox hat on tho
pimp.gif

i woulda wore a tebow jersey, straight up
laugh.gif

but how the HELL did carolina manage to trade kaberle? what in the %+#* is montreal thinking
laugh.gif

Forgot to post this, but the Leafs sale is the big news up here in Canada. All of the major sports teams in Toronto are now owned by either Rogers or Bell (with the exception of the NLL's Toronto Rock):

[h1][/h1]
[h1]BCE and Rogers team up to buy 75 percent of MLSE[/h1][h2]TSN.ca Staff[/h2][h3]12/9/2011 11:29:41 PM[/h3]
BCE Inc. and Rogers Communications announced Friday that the two companies have partnered together to acquire a majority share of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment for $1.32 billion.

The two companies will each pay the current owner - the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan - about $533 million for a 37.5 percent share and 75 percent combined.

"We will continue to cheer for the teams and look forward to celebrating their success, but after the summer, from the sidelines," Jane Rowe, senior vice-president of Teachers' Private Capital said at a news conference.

"MLSE teams are among the most popular major-league franchises in North America, iconic sports brands watched and loved by millions of fans across our nation,"  said George Cope, President and CEO of Bell Canada and BCE in a statement.

"As Canada's largest and most established communications company, Bell is proud to be part of this all-Canadian acquisition of a world leader in sports and entertainment. Bell's ownership in MLSE supports our promise to deliver the best content to Canadians across every screen. With our advanced broadband network investments, next generation Bell TV, Mobility and Internet services, and leading sports networks TSN and RDS, the Bell team looks forward to bringing the Leafs, the Raptors, the Marlies and Toronto FC to fans in new and innovative ways."

Bell's net cash commitment, following a planned leveraged recapitalization of MLSE, will total $398 million, representing a 28 percent equity interest in MLSE, and will be funded with cash on hand at closing. Through a co-investment arrangement with Bell, the BCE Master Trust Fund, an independent trust that holds and manages pension fund investments serving the pension obligations of BCE Group pension plan participants, will contribute $135 million toward the MLSE acquisition.

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment runs the Toronto Maple Leafs hockey club, the NBA's Toronto Raptors, Toronto FC of Major League Soccer, the American Hockey League's Toronto Marlies and the Air Canada Centre.

The company also has real estate holdings and television properties that include Leafs TV and Raptors TV.

For BCE Inc., the deal also confirms the company's long-standing association with and ownership in the Montreal Canadiens. "Our investment in (the) Montreal Canadiens has been tremendous for Bell in our markets in Quebec and quite frankly that investment will be maintained," said Cope.

As part of the agreement, Kilmer Sports Inc. (KSI) - owned by Toronto businessman Larry Tanenbaum - will increase its current 20 percent stake in the company to 25 percent.

"I am excited to welcome our new partners Bell and Rogers," said Tanenbaum in a statement. "I am proud this is a Made-in-Canada deal that will bring resources and expertise to help us win on and off the ice, court and pitch. This is a terrific path forward for our teams and our fans. It will ensure MLSE continues to make a positive impact in Toronto and across this great country of ours."

Tanenbaum will also remain as chairman of MLSE and as a governor of the NHL, the NBA and Major League Soccer.

The transaction is expected to close in mid-2012 following required regulatory and league approvals.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Have you been to many Caps games at the VC?  Or in the Ovechkin era?  Place is #%%+*%* NUTS...loud as ++$*. 

Funny thing about Wideman, even w. 3g/1a, he still finished -1
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Have you been to many Caps games at the VC?  Or in the Ovechkin era?  Place is #%%+*%* NUTS...loud as ++$*. 

Funny thing about Wideman, even w. 3g/1a, he still finished -1
laugh.gif
yeah that was my third game in the AO era. definitely a loud !*% crowd. fun place to see a game.

we had this british guy in front of us in a johansson jersey. hilarious hearing him scream his !*% off in a british accent
laugh.gif

Jets have won 4 straight, but we have a tough test in Detroit tonight. My man Blake Wheeler had 3 assists yesterday
pimp.gif

Claude Noel on Dustin Byfuglien spending so much time in the offensive end "Sometimes he defends both nets"
laugh.gif

Congrats to two fellow Ex-Bruins. Much props to Wheeler picking up his game as of late. He has so much skill but he think he's all that and a bag of chips. But he's really not.

Dennis Wideman! Wow! Congratulations for the hat trick buddy. You cannot play Defense if your life depended on it. You always provided offense from the back end though. It's kind of hard to like you even with the hat trick. The only time I remember of you is when you broke your stick and you did nothing. I know you had no stick but you just let the guy walk in for the goal. I will let you have your day. 
tongue.gif

To tonight's game:

Dropped two straight already. It was like a call center for the boys with all that ringing of metal. Let's bury some goals tonight. I don't know much of what Columbus is doing but I guess they're playing pretty well after the last game we had against them. Boston needs the win more than Columbus does though.

I don't know why Columbus would trade Russell for Nikitin. I think Russell is a good pucking defenseman.
I miss Kathryn. 
frown.gif

I'm so glad we have a Flyers game tonight; starting to hear rumors the Flyers are looking for a way to possibly trade for Shea Weber if the Pronger injury is gonna be long term
I am hungover as hell from a Christmas party and have neglected to write a 25 page grad paper

Back
Top Bottom