OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Malkin is killlinnn right now
pimp.gif

And James Neal really didn't make the all-star game?
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Fan voting at it's finest.

Thinking of picking up 4 Ducks tickets against the Flames on Feb 6.  $12 all together 
pimp.gif
  Delivery was like $15 
sick.gif
, oh well

Flyers/Bruins game was incredible; too bad we lost the shoot out but I will take this as a moral victory with the amount of players that are hurt right now.  

Geno is incredible. I can't even imagine if this team was full strength, it'd be a video game

Against the norm but Howard would probably be my MVP or tied with Geno right now. Might have two goalies in my top 3.

Originally Posted by kash55

So Boston doesn't play dirty?
did you actually watched the flyers game? we were getting freight trained. another concussion for horton on a late hit (no call). chris kelly took a borderline shot, one that we get called for.

agree with philballa, the refs lost control of that game early. but this whining (not from philly) about the bruins being dirty is total bs. league needs to start calling this stuff on other teams too, not just on us because certain teams cry about it. neely's comments were great and all about how he's not going to be like vancouver and lobby for calls, but something needs to be said.

the ference hit versus the rangers, looked bad. it wasn't dirty though, more so just irresponsible. too much speed going into the corner on his part.

Originally Posted by sosly

Thinking of picking up 4 Ducks tickets against the Flames on Feb 6.  $12 all together 
pimp.gif
  Delivery was like $15 
sick.gif
, oh well
man, thats awesome
pimp.gif

i cant even get 2 beers for that much
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by kash55

So Boston doesn't play dirty?
did you actually watched the flyers game? we were getting freight trained. another concussion for horton on a late hit (no call). chris kelly took a borderline shot, one that we get called for.

agree with philballa, the refs lost control of that game early. but this whining (not from philly) about the bruins being dirty is total bs. league needs to start calling this stuff on other teams too, not just on us because certain teams cry about it. neely's comments were great and all about how he's not going to be like vancouver and lobby for calls, but something needs to be said.

the ference hit versus the rangers, looked bad. it wasn't dirty though, more so just irresponsible. too much speed going into the corner on his part.
yup. 
officials are better off letting them play than calling tacky penalties. you saw the frustration on both teams
laugh.gif

good game yesterday. like still said w/o jagr, jvr, and briere we'll take the point
pimp.gif

Thomas skipped the Bruins' White House visit today for "political reasons."
I blew up about it on Twitter, but in short, I lost a lot of respect for him.

Originally Posted by True Blues

Thomas skipped the Bruins' White House visit today for "political reasons."
I blew up about it on Twitter, but in short, I lost a lot of respect for him.
complete dbay move on his part. that's ridiculous. i just heard about it this and am semi-ashamed
laugh.gif

actually timmy just made me a fan
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

i bet a lot of people would applaud him if he did this to bush or any other republican president. !#$% people applaud celebs who do. 

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

actually timmy just made me a fan
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

i bet a lot of people would applaud him if he did this to bush or any other republican president. !#$% people applaud celebs who do. 
And that people applaud, criticize, or worse, take cues from public figures who make their party identification known, in my opinion, paints a pretty depressing picture of contemporary American politics.

My gripe is not that Thomas is an ardent supporter of the Tea Party, it is that he allowed partisanship to privilege teamwork. In skipping the White House visit, not only has Thomas publicly cleaved the bond formed between he and his Bruins' teammates over the course of a grueling 108-game season, but he has diminished the team's accomplishment by selfishly, and unnecessarily directing attention to his ideology on the day they were being nationally recognized.

Harrison did, but he wasn't going regardless of who was in office. His reason was the president doesn't really want to see 'us', just the SB winner. So I don't want to see him. But James is nuts and doesn't care about anything/anyone

Thomas posted the following statement on his Facebook page at 6 p.m. ET:

"I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT"

grin.gif
still think it was the wrong choice

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Thomas posted the following statement on his Facebook page at 6 p.m. ET:

"I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT"

grin.gif
still think it was the wrong choice

Basically, he said nothing. Then again, he does stop pucks for a living.

(Wow. I can't believe I just uttered those words about a Bruin.)

Back
Top Bottom