OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by Physicx

and of course, the BIGGEST name and addition to all star weekend:

Spoiler [+]
[h2]Drake to perform at Sunday's NHL all-star game [/h2]
800_drake_BET_awards_ap_110926.jpg

800_drake_BET_awards_ap_110926.jpg

Drake arrives at the BET Awards on Sunday, June 26, 2011, in Los Angeles. (AP / Chris Pizzello)

View Larger Image

A A |  Email  | Print

The Canadian Press

Date: Wednesday Jan. 25, 2012 7:51 AM ET

NEW YORK — Canadian rapper Drake headlines the list of performers for this weekend's NHL all-star game.

The two-time Juno Award winner from Toronto will perform during the second intermission of Sunday's game at Scotiabank Place.

Drake joins an entertainment lineup that includes singer and rapper Outasight and Javier Colon, the winner of the inaugural season of "The Voice."

Colon will sing the U.S. national anthem, while longtime Ottawa Senators anthem singer Lyndon Slewidge will sing "O Canada."

Drake is currently up for three 2012 Grammy Awards. He released his second studio album "Take Care" in November and it debuted on the Billboard Top 200 chart at No. 1.

Read more: http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Entertainment/20120125/drake-all-star-game-120125/#ixzz1kUXi5hjN

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif
now that i see this, I wish Common would have taken Ovechkin's place on the all-star roster. 

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

laugh.gif
at Lupul getting booed every time he tries to make a pick
laugh.gif

not happy with Z's drafting, man
laugh.gif

and what's that boardwalk made of ice with people skating and walking on in ottawa. they cut to it coming back from the commercial in the pregame. looks awesome

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

laugh.gif
Why is Lupul an Alternate captain?
because hes been completely dominant this season id imagine... pretty sure hes top 5 or so in pts

phil kessel is lucky hes damn good at hockey

cause if he didnt hed be miserable as all hell. dude is sooooo awkward
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Physicx

phil kessel is lucky hes damn good at hockey

cause if he didnt hed be miserable as all hell. dude is sooooo awkward
laugh.gif

All of those interviews tonight were mad awkward
laugh.gif
 Everybody said the same thing..."I don't know when I'll be drafted, I'm just happy to be here"
I was surprised that Chara took Datsyuk first, it was clear he was trying to get the best team and not just take his buddies, which was cool to see

when he was in the draft room and the camera panned over to him... dude just buried his chin into his chest and tried not to look into the camera
roll.gif

NHL players need more personality....

I swear.. when id hear players say "Uh idk. Im just happy to be here. I dont really know/not a big deal/dont really care" type responses... Made me cringe.. like cmon bruh.. you need to be more lively...

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

NHL players need more personality....

I swear.. when id hear players say "Uh idk. Im just happy to be here. I dont really know/not a big deal/dont really care" type responses... Made me cringe.. like cmon bruh.. you need to be more lively...

It's not a showboat character driven sport, that's why Ovechkin sticks out so much
laugh.gif

I hear what you are saying though the sport needs players that are a lot more outgoing and smooth with the media.

Originally Posted by True Blues

Wait, Junxion is the bar you work at?

I've been there a couple of times.

i'm one of the owners. Junxion in Ottawa
had seats from Erik and went to Tim Murrays son (asst gm and brian murrays nephew) stayed for a few picks and then went to the behind the scene family zone to hang with the wives. FREE GOURMET FOOD AND FREE BOOZE. 
pimp.gif

honestly, NHL really put in ALOT of work into the whole all star production and im very impressed.

for updates and pics taken today and this weekend follow me on twitter:

[h2]@DuongkeyKongg[/h2]

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

not happy with Z's drafting, man
laugh.gif

and what's that boardwalk made of ice with people skating and walking on in ottawa. they cut to it coming back from the commercial in the pregame. looks awesome

its called the Canal. its the longest skating rink int he world... you take girls on dates and stuff its cool. you can just skate on a nice day get hot chocolate on the ice and beavertails 

Back
Top Bottom