Official Houston Rockets 2013 Offseason Thread: Welcome D12 to Houston!

Shocked that this may be the first season where come trade deadline, we won't have a wholesale clean out, and can just continue to build chemistry. But if the Wolves/Blazers wanna give up Love/LMA for a ham sandwich, I won't complain.

'per' youtube clutchfans

Lin still balLIN :pimp: Like what I'm seeing (well, mostly hearing) from this team. Bench looking good, and D-Mo/T-Jones are rising

TAIPEI, Taiwan -- It was a perfect homecoming for Houston Rockets point guard Jeremy Lin in Taiwan.

Lin, whose parents emigrated from Taiwan to the United States in the 1970s, scored 17 points and went 3-for-4 from the 3-point line to help the Rockets overcome the Indiana Pacers 107-98 in an exhibition game played before a capacity crowd of 13,686.

James Harden led all Rockets scorers with 21 and had three 3-pointers.

Paul George's 19 points led the Pacers. George Hill contributed 17, but suffered what coach Frank Vogel called "a mild ankle sprain" in a third-quarter scramble.

Lin was clearly the crowd favorite and didn't disappoint with a dazzling array of clutch shooting and pin-point passing.

His play earned him accolades from Rockets coach Kevin McHale, who said all the hard work Lin put in over the summer is giving him the boost he needs to cope with the pressure of being one of the most closely watched NBA players in Asia.

"He puts so much pressure on himself," McHale said. "There's an entire half of the world that seems to be pulling for him."

After a close first quarter, Houston pulled away to lead by 15 points at halftime. Indiana cut the lead to two before fading in the final quarter.

McHale singled out Houston newcomer Omri Casspi for special praise. Casspi had had 13 points and nine rebounds, all but one on the defensive end.

"Omri is doing a really good job for us," McHale said. "He's playing at a really high level."

Casspi, anyone?
smokin.gif

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/finding-perfect-fit

By the end of the year, I wouldn't be opposed to a lineup of Bev/Harden/Parsons/Casspi/Howard with Lin/Garcia/Brewer/Dmo/Asik
sick.gif

Two years ago, I would be happy if we had Lin/Garcia/Brewer/Dmo (Jones)/Asik as the starting lineup, but thats our bench
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Great Casspi :pimp:

Though it's super early, feels like this roster needs one more solid piece, obviously at the forward position. D-Mo still hasn't gotten the defense thing down, but I'm liking the little things from everybody

Casspi, anyone? :smokin

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/finding-perfect-fit

By the end of the year, I wouldn't be opposed to a lineup of Bev/Harden/Parsons/Casspi/Howard with Lin/Garcia/Brewer/Dmo/Asik :x
Two years ago, I would be happy if we had Lin/Garcia/Brewer/Dmo (Jones)/Asik as the starting lineup, but thats our bench :pimp: :pimp:

this.

these next two weeks can't go by quick enough. can't wait for the real games to start.

Considering how the roster has looked over the years if that was out starting lineup going into this season I'd literally be sick.

Rockets replay on NBATv for those who didn't see it the first time for various reasons, and possibly had to listen to it on the radio

:wow: :wow:
tumblr_murnwo8KOU1qb65jeo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
After watching that game yesterday, I thought:

The players were jet lagged (aside from Beard who put up 15 in the 1st q) :smokin
Howard is one strong mothaf****, Did u guys see when he got that offensive rebound with three guys under the basket, and he just moved Vucevic with his shoulder to create space? :x
Beverley is such an important piece to this team.. Rebounding and hustle :x:x
Harden's defensive efforts have increased compared to last year's :smokin
Garcia's leadership and veteran presence is much needed :smokin

Not an impressive win but any means, but without Asik, Lin, Parsons, and being jet-lagged, we looked decent.

My biggest takeaway is that we actually play defense. Harden looks like he's making the effort, casspi, garcia, brewer, Howard. Still waiting on omer to get healthy to see how they use him and Dwight together

I definitely wanna see how Howard and Asik play together, especially vs the big teams. They kept showing highlights over Hakeem and Sampson, but Asik and Howard don't have nearly the offensive game of either. Still, looking forward to it, and seeing how Lin improves, and steadiness from the bench.

I definitely wanna see how Howard and Asik play together, especially vs the big teams. They kept showing highlights over Hakeem and Sampson, but Asik and Howard don't have nearly the offensive game of either. Still, looking forward to it, and seeing how Lin improves, and steadiness from the bench.

we finally have versatility. we can play small and big. we can matchup with almost everyone.

look at the west bigs.

clips- jordan and griffin
grizz- gasol and z-bo
spurs- duncan and splitter
thunder- perkins and ibaka

we have the bigs to match any big lineup now, BUT we also have versatile enough guards and forwards too.

beverly, lin, harden, garcia, casspi, parsons.

in morey i've always trusted and at times i was wary (pau trade rumors) but now :pimp:

More than likely Covington and Canaan will be shuffled to the D-League. Only other bubble guys off the top of my head are Reggie Williams (just cause he's finally coming off injury) and....Coach Marcus Camby?.

Morey did it statis *wipes tear* he did it

yep. the rockets love using the d league so that guys aren't just sitting doing nothing. wouldn't be surprised if motiejunas even got stints down there because he still looks lost at times

My god man you're right. Dmo looks so polished on offense but defensively, this b**** is lost.. smh :smh:
That move where he had an open layup/dunk with a smaller guard on him and he missed it :x gotta dunk that s***

he has the offensive skills, but he just doesn't know when to use any of them lol

under the basket he did an up and under and got blocked by a guard. can't have that. he just doesn't seem to know where he's supposed to fit in, and his defensive rotations are TERRIBLE :lol:

i want him to succeed because if he can get consistent knocking down that 3 he'll be a luxury to have on the court playing the 4.

Power forward position is our biggest weakness. :frown:
I wish we had Scola still. What a true warrior, and he'd fit perfectly with Howard :smokin

Rockets sign undrafted free agent Troy Daniels from VCU, per clutchfans..

Safe to say Reggie Williams is a goner

Will have to look that dude up :lol:

Realllly like what I see from Casspi and Brewer so far. Defense had always been Brewer's game, but I wasn't expecting that from Casspi. And dude is just 25. May be another clutch Delfino like signing. Also find it funny that the Thomas Robinson trade turned out to be the Francisco Garcia trade :lol:

Back
Top Bottom