Official Houston Rockets 2013 Offseason Thread: Welcome D12 to Houston!

They'd pretty much have to gut the team and even then idk if it would be enough.

No telling what the cap would look like then.

it's not happening. but if it did, gutting the team would be the first step, the next would be acquiring as many minimum salary vets as we could like miami does :lol:

So with the .005% Durant comes here, it would be the big 3, plus Parsons playing for a ham sandwich, along with Stephen Jackson, Anthony Carter, Jamal Maglorie, Derek Fisher, and Big Country Reeves playing on minimum deals? :lol:

So with the .005% Durant comes here, it would be the big 3, plus Parsons playing for a ham sandwich, along with Stephen Jackson, Anthony Carter, Jamal Maglorie, Derek Fisher, and Big Country Reeves playing on minimum deals?
laugh.gif
It doesn't have to be that way. Although the luxury tax multiplier goes up soon, they could just pay the luxury tax money, right? 

:wow: :wow: :wow: guise, we're on TNT and don't have to listen to the radio, go to a bar, or watch the game by nefarious means :wow:

man we look good..kinda feel bad for Asik tho, I wish we can get him a few post up opportunities here and there but that might be too much to ask when you have the best center commanding the ball.. Hang in there Asik, we'll need you come playoff time 
pimp.gif

Ditto :pimp: I almost died though when Asik went for a rebound early in the game, and Howard went up for it and basically shoved him :lol: That lineup with them was much smoother tonight compared to vs the Mavs tough. Pretty much liked what I saw out of everybody. Lin still need to fix his turnovers, but you can tell he's been working on defense. Even ol D-Mo looking like he wants to ball.

Man, I would love Asik in San Antonio over Splitter! Howard-Asik has the potential to be Hernandez-Gronkowski of the NBA. McHale, you ain't slick, lol.

Asik still sucks offensively. He got blocked on an early pick and roll by Boris Diaw, then two plays later we ran pnr with d12 and d12 threw down a monster dunk lol. The difference between then is night and day. Asik also had a ball go right through his hands on a pass from Dwight.

Having him will be a luxury because they can neutralize the 4-5 of SA,MEM,LAC. After that, id put our 1-2-3 against any of those teams

Last edited:
Casspi is such a perfect addition to this team (after signing Dwight)...2 years minimum contract, Morey worked his magic again
pimp.gif

Bev/Harden/Bang/Casspi/Howard

Lin/Garcia/Brewer/Dmo(Jones)/Asik

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

sidenote, I wonder if our best lineup will be a 1,1,2,3,5 with Bev/Lin/Harden/Bang/Howard
nerd.gif

Harden to D12 P&R is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I really do think Asik gets traded for a starting PF. Im really hoping we can snag either K.Love or LMA but I doubt that happens. I cant really see it happening if it does

then
nerd.gif
 We gon be even deadlier.

I think in the end we settle with one of the lower tier PFs like a Milsap or Horford type. I know Morey has tried to get Bass from the Celtics for a while, maybe a Bass/Green swap for Asik and some younger guys.

I like the way Asik and D12 looked but once teams start getting more tape they gon know all they have to do is leave Asik open and make him make a play. We need a real PF out there.

I wouldn't mind getting Millsap for Asik. What worries me is who's going to play the backup 5 spot for us? Camby sure aint. Perhaps Smith/Dmo can log some situational minutes at the 5, but I expect Morey to get a backup 5 for us if Asik gets dealt

Yea I expect to get a backup C to compete for backup mins if Asik gets traded. Im  not too high on Smith  but hopefully he could log in some good mins. He did last year so he should be able to this year also.

^That Dunk by Howard reminds me of his Orlando days. He used to smash EVERYTHING. Really looking forward to the season
pimp.gif

That Parsons/Howard pnr is DEADLY.. u got 2 wings spread on both corners (Casspi/Bev) for that open 3 and Harden on the wing to slash or take a three as well.. :smokin

dwight ended up putting up decent numbers, but he looked terrible in the post yesterday. he had like 3 straight turnovers or something trying to post up in the first quarter. dream better get on his *** about that.

dwight ended up putting up decent numbers, but he looked terrible in the post yesterday. he had like 3 straight turnovers or something trying to post up in the first quarter. dream better get on his *** about that.

That's Dwight man it's not going to change at this point. :lol: Just not that type of reliable post player you can count on in the clutch. He is still going to beast though through the pick and roll and offensive boards. Definitely think Houston is a good fit for him and he is going to have a huge year.

Back
Top Bottom