Official Hummel Sneakers & Gear Thread

After a quick site search didn't yield any hits for Hummel products, I figured I'd start a thread since I have a pick-up to share.  So...come one, come all!  Post your Hummel hotness, new or old, here...

Now, on to my cop.  The other day I was perusing Hanon's "what's new" page when, as I was scrolling, this unfamiliar, immaculatey color-blocked shoe immediately captured my attention (resulting in a rather serendipitous purchase). Come to find...it was by the German founded/Danish based brand, Hummel.  Previous to that, any time I heard or thought of "Hummel" the little cherubic, exorbitantly priced ceramic figurines my mom used to collect would come to mind.  Needless to say, this is a different sort of Hummel.  
wink.gif

Whatever the case, with this rendition of the Marathona as my first pair of sneakers from the brand, I couldn't be more pleased I took the plunge.  I thoroughly enjoy diversifying my collection with new (to me) brands, different styles/silhouettes, and so on.  At any rate, aside from looking spectacular, the quality of the shoe is outstanding.  Both the leather and suede on the upper are superb!  I'm also loving the embossed branding, leather guts, and of course, gum outsole.  The special edition (heavy duty) box isn't too shabby either, especially for those allegiant to #teamboxlife.            

Without further adieu behold the...  

Hummel J Askeby Marathona x Monkeytime  (from the Wastelands collection)

Interesting fact:

The hummel logo is a stylized bumble bee as, hummel, in German, means "bumble bee".  Now that "face" makes sense.  It's not a face at all...'tis a bee.  
laugh.gif

From Hanon's product page:

Monkey Time present the Wastelands collection, with their take on the the Marathona-sneaker which is presented with an upper of multiple hues of beige suede and leather alongside a tonal midsole and embossed branding, placed atop a gum sole. Available in limited numbers, only 250 pairs of the Marathona-sneaker have been produced worldwide.
  • Hummel J Askeby Marathona x Monkey Time
  • "Wastelands" Collection
  • Premium Leather & Suede Upper
  • Gum Rubber Outsole
  • Tonal Midsole
  • 250 Pairs Worldwide
  • Special Edition Box
  • Colourway - Nomad
  • Supplier Code - 644638339

Last edited:
Very cool man!

I wanted to get a pair of last years St. Pauli Marathonas but did not find any in my size. They are releasing a new one this year but it's only releasing in one store.

Love Hummel. Pics of the Par5 collab coming up. Wish there were more Hummel pics on here. They make amazing sneakers.

Afew x hummel collaboration
First sneaker for 2019 that got me excited

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190218-225455.png
    Screenshot_20190218-225455.png
    427.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20190218-225522.png
    Screenshot_20190218-225522.png
    409.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20190218-225901.png
    Screenshot_20190218-225901.png
    226.7 KB · Views: 22