OFFICIAL Hypebeasts Thread

This. When I was skating, it was looked down upon. During this time, it was the big pants/little wheels era. Now, skating is so cool because Lil' Wayne can do pop shuv-its.

One time, I asked a kid if I could try his board to see if I can still even ollie. I was wearing boat shoes. This kid has the nerves and says you're not rocking skate shoes. I tell the kid that doesn't mean I can't skate just because I don't have Nike SB's on.
haha sounds like you were in the muska era.. i started just after that, some of my better days 

dont get me started with wayne, makes me cringe and i always see him chilling with the girl/ crailtap dudes like biebel... rattles my cage

I was in HS for the "golden era" of retros and I don't remember everyone being so hung up on "quality" back then. My Spacejams yellowed...and fast, so did my Olympic VI's in 2000. 2001 III's cracked much faster than my CDPs did. In '02 Charcoal VII's were ashy, I actually think the 2011 retro looked better than 2002. Not saying I don't have my gripes about current retroes such as getting rid of nubuck on the VI's and and the materials on the black/cement IVs. It just seems that all these Hypebeasts are connoisseurs now, especially when there weren't even from that '99 to '02 time period. We had good Jordans then, but they were not leaps and bounds superior quality over today's kicks like everyone makes them out to be. Just feels like everyone is so quick to take a piss all over everything that's current.

I was in HS for the "golden era" of retros and I don't remember everyone being so hung up on "quality" back then. My Spacejams yellowed...and fast, so did my Olympic VI's in 2000. 2001 III's cracked much faster than my CDPs did. In '02 Charcoal VII's were ashy, I actually think the 2011 retro looked better than 2002. Not saying I don't have my gripes about current retroes such as getting rid of nubuck on the VI's and and the materials on the black/cement IVs. It just seems that all these Hypebeasts are connoisseurs now, especially when there weren't even from that '99 to '02 time period. We had good Jordans then, but they were not leaps and bounds superior quality over today's kicks like everyone makes them out to be. Just feels like everyone is so quick to take a piss all over everything that's current.

While I agree that many are quick to crap on anything current - and I'm among the most guilty - there are poignant differences between the face box and '94 retros and the current stuff. It's not just materials either. Look at AM1s, AM95s, and AF1s - the shape of the shoe itself has morphed into something far less sleek.

But, I don't hesitate to say that half the kids who complain about a lot of these issues have no idea what they are talking about and just say those things because that's what they think OGs are supposed to say. And, the proof is in the pudding - because if recent XIs can sell for $350, an '01 or OG should fly off the shelf at $450, but they don't. So, a lot of folks are saying one thing for e-props and then acting differently.

I was in my 20s during the golden era of retros and we didn't talk much about quality. But, that's basically a "no news is good news" thing.

While I agree that many are quick to crap on anything current - and I'm among the most guilty - there are poignant differences between the face box and '94 retros and the current stuff. It's not just materials either. Look at AM1s, AM95s, and AF1s - the shape of the shoe itself has morphed into something far less sleek.

But, I don't hesitate to say that half the kids who complain about a lot of these issues have no idea what they are talking about and just say those things because that's what they think OGs are supposed to say. And, the proof is in the pudding - because if recent XIs can sell for $350, an '01 or OG should fly off the shelf at $450, but they don't. So, a lot of folks are saying one thing for e-props and then acting differently.

I was in my 20s during the golden era of retros and we didn't talk much about quality. But, that's basically a "no news is good news" thing.
I agree on the sleekness whole heartedly, I was looking at my crumbled '99 IVs versus the 2012 edition, soooo much wider. And I felt like they made the XI's too sleek, too box seemed so long on the Concords when stacked up against 2000 or even DMPs. I guess what I can't take is when like you said a bunch of people just say things that they have no idea what they're talking about. And I'm stealing e-props, wait, does that make me a hypebeast too lol?

whys everyone wana copy kanye with all the leather and skirts and stuff? What happened to originality. Getting 11s when you see a minimum of 35 other people wearing them daily isn't original or unique. I personally really cant cop Js because theyre too played in the DMV. 

agree with nowtiz... those 3 kids just look like 3 dudes who have normal outfits with some gym shoes on... if you're going to make the case that the shoes they have are "hyped' then that's all on you.. i call norman tho

whys everyone wana copy kanye with all the leather and skirts and stuff? What happened to originality. Getting 11s when you see a minimum of 35 other people wearing them daily isn't original or unique. I personally really cant cop Js because theyre too played in the DMV. 
AKA thats a hypebeast when they see a celebrity do something there are on it next.

the second pic is a prime example of hypebeast cause the kid in green looks like he doesn't even know the name of his ******g shoes plus he isnt even matching

the first picture is what the generation of hypebeast are becoming today either they see or hear all the cool kids talk about brands and the fill their closets with those brands or when they see a celebrity wear something they have to copy his wardrobe and "shoe game"

the second pic is a prime example of hypebeast cause the kid in green looks like he doesn't even know the name of his ******g shoes plus he isnt even matching
I'm pretty sure he knows they are Gym Greens, what's silly about it is that he got a green shirt that he probably got from a gym. I do think the shirt matches the green highlights on the shoe though. 

I'm pretty sure he knows they are Gym Greens, what's silly about it is that he got a green shirt that he probably got from a gym. I do think the shirt matches the green highlights on the shoe though. 
I don't think so the look on his face says im a doof that started on **** pumas to wearing foamposites

Dude i was just kidding around why are you getting so butt hurt over a kid you never met before

the first picture is what the generation of hypebeast are becoming today either they see or hear all the cool kids talk about brands and the fill their closets with those brands or when they see a celebrity wear something they have to copy his wardrobe and "shoe game"

Oh word? Tell me more about your Rick Ross avy.

Huh? Thats not a hypebeast, all children dress like who they think is cool (and in our generation its rappers, skaters, athletes, and hipsters). You could argue that most kids are- they go through phases, but thats not what this thead is about anyways. Its about adults that still havent figured out who they are so they wear whatever it is that is hot at the moment- have no style of their own.

that's when its the funniest.

Back
Top Bottom