OFFICIAL INDIANA PACER OFFSEASON THREAD

It was sad to see Granger pull a Luol Deng. It was actually more pathetic since Deng did not really talk trash. 

Originally Posted by knightngale

Hire a coach that can make adjustments and that does not play their worst players at crucial times. Basically, any coach not named Vogel. 
In my opinion, Vogel was significantly out-coached this series by Spo. Vogel made no adjustments for Hibbert when Miami's big men started fronting the post. Also, Spo did far better with in-game adjustments. With that being said, Vogel still deserves the Indiana job with strong expectations for improvement and team/player growth. West was a tremendous signing by Bird coming off the knee injury. Provided passion, leadership, and energy. The Pacers' biggest problem is the lack of a true superstar in clutch, championship moments. Granger is a decent #1, but nothing more. His defense is appreciated especially on Bron for the first three games, but Indiana might actually prosper without him depending on the assets received in return. I see little to no chance that Deron comes to the Pacers. I think he's a lock for Dallas or Brooklyn long-term. My guy Paul George will continue to grow offensively. Versatile enough for 2/3, lengthy defender, and explosive athleticism. George would probably benefit more from Granger's departure. Collison, Hill, George, West, and Hibbert is a solid starting five without even factoring in the pieces they would hypothetically get in a trade for Granger. 

Originally Posted by solarius49

Yeah, I''ve heard that Granger has had a problem with LeBron for a few years

I think what you are referring to is an inferiority complex.

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

Yeah, I''ve heard that Granger has had a problem with LeBron for a few years

I think what you are referring to is an inferiority complex.
Yeah you're probably right.  I have no problem with him going at LeBron's neck, it was interesting seeing somebody else be the aggressor in those match ups.
Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Originally Posted by knightngale

Hire a coach that can make adjustments and that does not play their worst players at crucial times. Basically, any coach not named Vogel. 
In my opinion, Vogel was significantly out-coached this series by Spo. Vogel made no adjustments for Hibbert when Miami's big men started fronting the post. Also, Spo did far better with in-game adjustments. With that being said, Vogel still deserves the Indiana job with strong expectations for improvement and team/player growth. West was a tremendous signing by Bird coming off the knee injury. Provided passion, leadership, and energy. The Pacers' biggest problem is the lack of a true superstar in clutch, championship moments. Granger is a decent #1, but nothing more. His defense is appreciated especially on Bron for the first three games, but Indiana might actually prosper without him depending on the assets received in return. I see little to no chance that Deron comes to the Pacers. I think he's a lock for Dallas or Brooklyn long-term. My guy Paul George will continue to grow offensively. Versatile enough for 2/3, lengthy defender, and explosive athleticism. George would probably benefit more from Granger's departure. Collison, Hill, George, West, and Hibbert is a solid starting five without even factoring in the pieces they would hypothetically get in a trade for Granger. 
I've been saying this.  Danny is appreciated as a player, and for sticking with the team through the lean years, but at this point he needs a change of scenery, and is holding back Paul George's development by making him play out of position.  Granger for Lowry is what I want, especially if Deron isnt an option

I wonder if Houston would strongly consider that proposed trade, Rockets are a fringe playoff team and could benefit from Granger's defense. It would almost instantly become his team and Houston has been looking for a #1 "star" since the failed Pau trade. Rockets would have the luxury of giving Dragic a long-term deal as the starting PG in the scenario. Would that mean Collison still comes off the bench in favor of Lowry and Hill?

I wonder if Houston would strongly consider that proposed trade, Rockets are a fringe playoff team and could benefit from Granger's defense. It would almost instantly become his team and Houston has been looking for a #1 "star" since the failed Pau trade. Rockets would have the luxury of giving Dragic a long-term deal as the starting PG in the scenario. Would that mean Collison still comes off the bench in favor of Lowry and Hill?

Well with Granger leaving, it would allow us to move George to his natural position (the SF), and we could move George to the SG where we wont have to worry about his terrible decision making, it would allow Hill to be the scorer and jump shooter that he is, 

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I always liked George Hill in a sixth man capacity as a combo guard to spell your starting point or SG. Know Collison was fairly effective in 2010-2011 as a starter, did he regress that much this season or was it a product of Vogel limiting his minutes? 

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I always liked George Hill in a sixth man capacity as a combo guard to spell your starting point or SG. Know Collison was fairly effective in 2010-2011 as a starter, did he regress that much this season or was it a product of Vogel limiting his minutes? 

Collison was a disappointment at starting PG this year in my opinion.. He would have games where he would disappear.  Then he would have games where you could see how much potential he has and would take over a game.  But he was way too inconsistent.  Collison got hurt and George Hill became the starter and played extremely well and the team played extremely well with Hill starting.  Also it seemed to me like George Hill played better as the starter than coming off the bench and Collison played better coming off the bench than he did as a starter, maybe it was just me..  

Well... now that we beat the heat. we have to focus on Boston.

We were right, Lebron James could not lead his team to victory.

Pacers... they slept on us!!!!

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^Knew you'd start hating Kevin Martin eventually!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Man I rode for K-Mart as long as I could, but don't know what happened. Seemed like the negated trade bothered him, though not as much as Pau, and definitely
not as much as Odom. And I don't know if his shoulder had been hurting him for awhile and he just didn't say anything, but damn, he just lost it. 

EG would be nice, but only if Danny was moved and Paul George was moved to the SF spot

If EJ comes. Granger leaves. We'll see how much cap space we have left after they pay Hibbert.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Just dont sign someone for the sake of signing someone.....
EG or Deron or bust

BTW I still hate you all.

this.  I dont want to hear anymore Leandro Barbosas or elderly oft injured PF's (even thought I appreciate David West).  Deron or EG would be a splash, and would def help put them over the top

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Just dont sign someone for the sake of signing someone.....
EG or Deron or bust

BTW I still hate you all.

this.  I dont want to hear anymore Leandro Barbosas or elderly oft injured PF's (even thought I appreciate David West).  Deron or EG would be a splash, and would def help put them over the top
Last year it was the right move to get West, now you trade Granger for a legit bench defensive piece or 2. Houston? Granger, DRC and Jones for Dalembert and Lowry?  Get EG and move George to the 3. If your worse problem is finding George Hill minutes then your good.

Assuming Bird even stays in his FO role, if he could actually fulfill your scenario and ultimately secure both Lowry and Gordon while only essentially losing Granger, he would sincerely deserve the Executive of the Year Award that he unfairly won from Buford this year. It's obviously hard for Indiana to lure high-profile names because of their "smaller" market (like Deron), but the city is passionate enough about basketball to compete for Eastern Conference titles. Boston's reign is looking to head for an end while Chicago has serious concern surrounding Rose's knee. Atlanta looms in mediocrity with an unhappy Josh Smith waiting to be dealt. Orlando is failing apart whether they know it or not (losing their HC and GM, fine), but D12 may very well be on the way out after 2012-2013 as well. It's time for Philadelphia and Indiana to get very serious about their title aspirations with savvy but effective power moves. Eric Gordon is far more likely to join the Pacers than any other candidate I've heard named in this thread. He's from the state and would be beloved as "Indiana's Favorite Son" if he played for the Pacers and was able to deliver some Eastern Conference titles (at the very least). I don't foresee Gordon playing out his career long-term in New Orleans, which has little to no hope outside of Monty Williams. 

So if that trade came to fruition the team would look like

Lowry/Collison
Eric Gordon/George Hill
Paul George/Dahntay Jones
David West/Hansbrough/Amundson
Hibbert/Hansbrough/Amundson

That would leave our weakest spot...the backup center to be addressed in the draft or free agency (Marcus Camby or Kris Humphries?). It was pitiful how obvious it was when Hibbert came off the floor

yeah absolutely. I dont like Teague here though. He just seems like another George Hill, a scoring "point guard". We need a distributor and decision maker

Apparently the Warriors are interested in Granger. I think you HAVE to trade him...idk if we could get that #7 pick for him

Maybe Granger and the 26th pick for the #7? That would let us move george hill to the SG spot, and draft Marshall..wishful thinking....

You'd really trade Granger for the #7 pick? I say only way we should do that is if we know for sure we're getting one of those big names like EJ or Dwill

Back
Top Bottom