Official iPhone 4 UPDATE: "Nobody Comes Close." - Steve Jobs. Release; June 24th Pre Orders 15th

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

If i sold my iphone 3gs for 250. would i still be able to get the 4g without having to pay the full price with the contract cancellation and etc/

like sell it to someone else? your contract is still in place though i think. 

Originally Posted by CashMoney

If i sold my iphone 3gs for 250. would i still be able to get the 4g without having to pay the full price with the contract cancellation and etc/

Yeah. Basically what I did is I sold my 3GS in prep for the announcement that the 4g is coming out next month. Would I be able to go to Apple and get the 4g without having the 3GS with me and only paying the discounted price (because I'm still under contract with AT&T) and them renewing my contract?
OR

If I were to report my phone stolen, would I still be eligible for that discounted price for the 4g if it comes out?

I swear why do yall Droid users frequent EVERY iPhone thread. Yall are like Jehova's Witnesses, it makes no sense to debate a dozen phones on the same OS that's killing the market RIGHT NOW (Droid) versus a SINGLE phone that ISN'T EVEN OUT OR BEEN OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED YET (iPhone 4G).

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

I swear why do yall Droid users frequent EVERY iPhone thread. Yall are like Jehova's Witnesses, it makes no sense to debate a dozen phones on the same OS that's killing the market RIGHT NOW (Droid) versus a SINGLE phone that ISN'T EVEN OUT OR BEEN OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED YET (iPhone 4G).

this.

article_label_fileunder.gif
Cellphones, Mobile Handsets
[h4]White next-gen iPhone apparently materializes in full form[/h4]
By Ross Miller posted May 23rd 2010 11:14AM

Clearly a white front plate was not enough to satisfy curiosity. Though we aren't able to verify this ourselves, Chinese site Apple.pro has a couple shots of what it claims to be the white next-gen iPhone, almost fully assembled (the front plate looks like it hasn't been snapped in all the way) and casually lounging next to the black model we've gazed upon so many times at this point. Is this enough for us to trust and comfortably change our palette preferences? Nah, but surely 15 days until expected confirmation can't be too excruciating of a wait.

[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

http://

Originally Posted by sole vintage

article_label_fileunder.gif
Cellphones, Mobile Handsets
[h4]White next-gen iPhone apparently materializes in full form[/h4]
By Ross Miller posted May 23rd 2010 11:14AM

Clearly a white front plate was not enough to satisfy curiosity. Though we aren't able to verify this ourselves, Chinese site Apple.pro has a couple shots of what it claims to be the white next-gen iPhone, almost fully assembled (the front plate looks like it hasn't been snapped in all the way) and casually lounging next to the black model we've gazed upon so many times at this point. Is this enough for us to trust and comfortably change our palette preferences? Nah, but surely 15 days until expected confirmation can't be too excruciating of a wait.

[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

http://
dude... the white one looks so got damn clean! 
pimp.gif

You really have to quote it though?
laugh.gif

And really, why can't an iPhone topic stay on subject? If Android is so superior, why are it's users always in apple topics bashing their products?

I have the iPhone 2G, but I think I'll be unlocking the HD2 for AT&T instead of getting this.

black looks so much better IMO. am i the only one loving the industrial look of it? i think the squared-ness of it makes it look much more attractive. or maybe im just used to the look of my Droid.

i was never a fan of the white iPhone.

i wish they'd go back to the brush aluminum though, that one was
pimp.gif
. but it does a number on reception, and at&t's is already bad enough to have something else ruining it.

Yeah. Basically what I did is I sold my 3GS in prep for the announcement that the 4g is coming out next month. Would I be able to go to Apple and get the 4g without having the 3GS with me and only paying the discounted price (because I'm still under contract with AT&T) and them renewing my contract?
OR

If I were to report my phone stolen, would I still be eligible for that discounted price for the 4g if it comes out?

doesn't work that way.

you're under contract with att, that's all the matters.

you'll be paying full price for your phone. it doesn't matter what phone you currently have.

if you sold your 3GS, i'm hoping you got a good amount. use that towards the 4G and just buy it outright (if apple allows it) and keep your current contract.

or, use that money to cancel your account and open a new one.

but, i warn you. new contracts with att will have a 325 ETF from now on.

June 18th I'll be eligible for renew for fully discounted contract priced phones on Fido/Rogers. So I look forward to this keynote on June 7th. I'm using an older Samsung Blackjack right now.
Question...does anyone know the exact size specifications of the new iPhone that leaked? I ask this is because I have a case for the iPhone 3G/3GS that is unused. Not sure if that would mean I would have to get a new case.

Originally Posted by TheRav4

June 18th I'll be eligible for renew for fully discounted contract priced phones on Fido/Rogers. So I look forward to this keynote on June 7th. I'm using an older Samsung Blackjack right now.
Question...does anyone know the exact size specifications of the new iPhone that leaked? I ask this is because I have a case for the iPhone 3G/3GS that is unused. Not sure if that would mean I would have to get a new case.
The new design is definitely going to warrant a new case. 

ninjahood wrote:
i just finished installin froyo on my nexus one....lol

da iphone ain't seeing me right now
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I really am no fanboy I actually like Iphones, but I watched the Iphone 3GS vs Incredible part 1&2 and the Incredible/Android OS beat The Iphone in every single category. I mean, it was just flat out proof. If you say otherwise you are just flat out lying to yourself
laugh.gif

On another note, this new Iphone is looking good for your Iphone users
pimp.gif

just read a rumor that verizon gets the white iphone while at&t gets black? lol argh i want the white one. anyways steve jobs announces it on monday june 7th

damn why couldnt att get the white, but whatever.. its a color.

I heard that it will have tethering too!

Originally Posted by icykicks79

damn why couldnt att get the white, but whatever.. its a color.

I heard that it will have tethering too!
 the 3G and 3GS have tethering but its at&t that dosent allow it yet. cause i think you have to pay for tethering its like those internet usb plugs u plug on your computer.

I hate how Apple decided to keep the 3.5 inch screen while everybody else is going 3.7', 4', 4.1' or 4.3. Damn you Apple.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

black looks so much better IMO. am i the only one loving the industrial look of it? i think the squared-ness of it makes it look much more attractive. or maybe im just used to the look of my Droid.

i was never a fan of the white iPhone.

i wish they'd go back to the brush aluminum though, that one was
pimp.gif
. but it does a number on reception, and at&t's is already bad enough to have something else ruining it.

OR

doesn't work that way.

you're under contract with att, that's all the matters.

you'll be paying full price for your phone. it doesn't matter what phone you currently have.

if you sold your 3GS, i'm hoping you got a good amount. use that towards the 4G and just buy it outright (if apple allows it) and keep your current contract.

or, use that money to cancel your account and open a new one.

but, i warn you. new contracts with att will have a 325 ETF from now on.
i know that for the 3G and the 3GS, people with the previous models were able to upgrade for the discounted price.  i'm not sure if you have to have your phone or not, but i plan on selling my 3GS and getting the discounted 4G as well

^ you might not even get the full subsidized discount, most likely, you will pay 399 for the new iPhone assuming you signed a 2 year when you got your 3Gs

btw

if you're gonna place your bets on an Iphone release date, most likely, its gonna be June 18th

WWDC is from 7th-12th, and the iPhone 3g and 3gs had iphones comes out the friday after the week of WWDC

and yes, AT&T is probably rearranging upgrade dates for people, but i seriously doubt they want to put it on the same day of release, they probably want it a few days after all the hectic, hence the later date of 21/22

but thats just my opinion and it seems to make sense

Originally Posted by Gordonson

If Android is so superior, why are it's users always in apple topics bashing their products?
well hello, you have to KNOW about da competition to bash it...why would i run around and crap on a iphone WITHOUT knowing its stats? thats blind hate...me doing

homework on its specs and taking a dump on it because of its inferiority makes ALOT more sense.
smokin.gif

LOL @ the bill you iphone users see every month for outrageously amount of dropped calls and slow 3g. EVO 4G with my 25% USC discount= 60 a month of unlimited everything. Oh yeah, the EVO will have access to ESPN mobile TV that will show every game of the world cup.

Originally Posted by APLX2

LOL @ the bill you iphone users see every month for outrageously amount of dropped calls and slow 3g. EVO 4G with my 25% USC discount= 60 a month of unlimited everything. Oh yeah, the EVO will have access to ESPN mobile TV that will show every game of the world cup.

LOL i pay 60/month with no discount for a crap load of minutes and unlimited data and texting for my iphone
wink.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ReRetroMe

anyone know what the prices might be for an upgrade if eligible?
My cousin wants to know this too.
Also, anyone have an idea of what the price might be for a new customer? Tmo contract ends in 3 days so just in time
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom