Official iPhone 5 Accessories Thread (Cases, Cords, Docks)

When I had the 4s I remember buying a mophie off of eBay. Never thought there would be fake ones out there until it stopped working on me the first day. Did research and come to find out there's numerous fakes on eBay smh. Hopefully mophie comes through for the iPhone 5

anyone recommend a screen protector that will work with the poetic atmosphere? If there is one.

I've been using the SwitchEasy Tones case and I love it... This case maintains the slimness of the phone, while giving good protection from drops or other accidents..

Good looks. I'll check it out. I am considering getting the full body xtreme guard and just go buck naked(ish) with it.

Good looks. I'll check it out. I am considering getting the full body xtreme guard and just go buck naked(ish) with it.
I actually have a full body Ghost Armor on my phone and the two compliment each other very well. I'm way too clumsy to go naked with this phone (lol)... I have considered it though I would have to buy a leather pouch for when it's in my pocket/not being used... I really like the Sena Ultraslim Classic leather pouch if I went the "buck naked(ish) route... 

I like the Ringke Slim case for my iPhone. Very minimal and does not take away from the body.

Ringke Slim Iphone 5 Case Matte Black

Here is a pic from Amazon:

What's the best screen protector to get for the iPhone
I have the poetic but I don't like it
Any recommendations for back screen protectors
I don't want to get on scratches on it lol

Waiting for these to come in for my white 5

Bodyguardz Pure

lucky labs red carbon fiber wrap and back

and a and a fake sector 5 from caseswill

using these while i wait

Incase slider

Belkin grip candy sheer

I had an elago s5 initially, but the coating peeled like crazy until the top layer was completely gone. It also cracked and was uneven as far as the fit went. I also dropped my phone and managed to chip the only exposed part of the phone. Went with a Poetic Atmosphere and loving it so far.

Any cheap lightning wires that are at least 5-6 ft in length that works? Even if it just works for charging?

Any cheap lightning wires that are at least 5-6 ft in length that works? Even if it just works for charging?

I wouldn't go for it. I can say I grabbed some from a site with a 2 for $15 deal and both have stopped working within about 4 weeks.

:smh: @ Apple for going to that extent with the cables...

:smh: @ Apple for going to that extent with the cables...

Damn rip-off for sure, this lightning converter is $30:
MD823

So I figure the longer one would be much better deal at $40 but their pic is misleading:
MD824

I thought it would be at least 3feet long so it would make a good extension but it turns out it is just 8inch long. So ******g stupid. So it is an extra $10 to get an extra 6"-7". :smh: :x

In comparison, the regular 3feet lightning cable is only $20. Apple should really make those converters much, much cheaper to accommodate all the cables poeple have bought over the years for their old Apple products. They'd still make money because a lot will buy those converters for cheap.

Last edited:
anywhere i can find the old headset that came with the iphones?

I'd like OEM ones please

it's ridiculous how short the cable is. I just got an iPhone 5 today and besides my headache of having to change all my wires and car chargers - I'm also dealing with my macbook being too "old" and not running the proper OS for iPhone 5.

Why can't they make the chord like a foot long...or include a small extension on that...

Also got an otterbox case on Amazon for 15. Saw one in the verizon store for $50 are they serious?!?!!?

Who is going to pay 25% the cost of a phone for a case...crazy

So how much have all of you i5ers spent on extra accessories? cables? converters? cases? car chargers?

and how much have you spent on the old connector accessories? iHomes? Bose? etc.. that are no longer compatible with your new phones

Last edited:
So how much have all of you i5ers spent on extra accessories? cables? converters? cases? car chargers?

and how much have you spent on the old connector accessories? iHomes? Bose? etc.. that are no longer compatible with your new phones

Not much for me outside of that $40 converter, which I am returning to get the $20. I don't really use my phone for music and I just need wires for charging really.

Back
Top Bottom