Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

touchmoney,
mac=http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4304
pc= http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4302

kobe4threebang, i believe you upgrade to 3.0.1 and jailbreak usingthe 3.0 firmware.

You can re-use redsn0w v0.8 we released a few weeks ago to jailbreak today's 3.0.1 update. Just let iTunes update or restore you to official 3.0.1 thenrun redsn0w. The only "trick" is that when redsn0w asks you to identify the IPSW used, point it at the 3.0 IPSW instead of the 3.0.1 one. Afterthe jailbreak, reinstall ultrasn0w 0.9 if you need the unlock.

More details:

The 3.0.1 release is a "branch" from 3.0 that occurs (code-wise) before all the 3.1 betas. The programs redsn0w needs to change for the jailbreakare identical when you compare the 3.0 and 3.0.1 versions. It seems pretty much the only changes Apple made were for the SMS bug, which affects programs thatredsn0w doesn't touch. That's why you can re-use redsn0w 0.8 on 3.0.1 even though it was written for 3.0.

And since 3.0.1 doesn't touch the baseband either, ultrasn0w 0.9 works for those needing the soft unlock. Just install it from therepo666.ultrasn0w.com repository using Cydia as usual.

We'll at some point fix redsn0w to recognize both 3.0 and 3.0.1 IPSW's, but really that's the only change that would be made to it. Everythingelse would be identical, so there's no need to wait for the "proper" version that recognizes the 3.0.1 IPSW as valid.

Originally Posted by retro23phan

touchmoney,
mac=http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4304
pc= http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4302

kobe4threebang, i believe you upgrade to 3.0.1 and jailbreak using the 3.0 firmware.

You can re-use redsn0w v0.8 we released a few weeks ago to jailbreak today's 3.0.1 update. Just let iTunes update or restore you to official 3.0.1 then run redsn0w. The only "trick" is that when redsn0w asks you to identify the IPSW used, point it at the 3.0 IPSW instead of the 3.0.1 one. After the jailbreak, reinstall ultrasn0w 0.9 if you need the unlock.

More details:

The 3.0.1 release is a "branch" from 3.0 that occurs (code-wise) before all the 3.1 betas. The programs redsn0w needs to change for the jailbreak are identical when you compare the 3.0 and 3.0.1 versions. It seems pretty much the only changes Apple made were for the SMS bug, which affects programs that redsn0w doesn't touch. That's why you can re-use redsn0w 0.8 on 3.0.1 even though it was written for 3.0.

And since 3.0.1 doesn't touch the baseband either, ultrasn0w 0.9 works for those needing the soft unlock. Just install it from the repo666.ultrasn0w.com repository using Cydia as usual.

We'll at some point fix redsn0w to recognize both 3.0 and 3.0.1 IPSW's, but really that's the only change that would be made to it. Everything else would be identical, so there's no need to wait for the "proper" version that recognizes the 3.0.1 IPSW as valid.

thank u for your quick response but i dont think i fully understand or u fully understand (probably me) but my iphone has been updated to 3.0.1 ive downloadedthe newest version of redsnow after i click "browse" in redsnow i dont know what i should click next (mainly dont know where to find it at)

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

thank u for your quick response but i dont think i fully understand or u fully understand (probably me) but my iphone has been updated to 3.0.1 ive downloaded the newest version of redsnow after i click "browse" in redsnow i dont know what i should click next (mainly dont know where to find it at)
ok i will break it down for you
update your iphone to 3.0.1 through itunes, when you use redsn0w, download the 3.0 firmware from here (http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750)
go through the redsn0w process and in the end you should be jailbroken on 3.0.1

the reason why you have to choose 3.0 instead of 3.0.1 when browsing through redsn0w is that the developers did not want to reconfigure the whole redsn0wprogram just for a small minor update like 3.0.1

i hope that helps, i can not break it down anymore then that.

thank u for your quick response but i dont think i fully understand or u fully understand (probably me) but my iphone has been updated to 3.0.1 ive downloaded the newest version of redsnow after i click "browse" in redsnow i dont know what i should click next (mainly dont know where to find it at)
update your iphone to 3.0.1 through itunes, when you use redsn0w, download the 3.0 firmware from here (http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750)

the reason why you have to choose 3.0 instead of 3.0.1 when browsing through redsn0w is that the developers did not want to reconfigure the whole redsn0w program just for a small minor update like 3.0.1

thanks but u still not gettin my drift I HAVE 3.0 FIRMWARE, and I HAVE 3.0.1. downloaded thats not the problem I DONT KNOW WHERE TO FIND THE FILE FOLDER FOR MYIPHONE UPDATE (3.0) SO THAT I CAN SELECT IT after i click "browse" in redsnow

I dont know if this was answered but i dont want to go through 300 pgs! Does anyone know when the MMS will work? Or if its already working, cuz i dont have iton mine yet... I have the iPhone 3GS with 3.0.1 Jailbroken.

My iphone stopped ringing today...it only vibrates
frown.gif
any way to fix this??

Actually anybody trying to get rid of a 2g ??

the reason why you have to choose 3.0 instead of 3.0.1 when browsing through redsn0w is that the developers did not want to reconfigure the whole redsn0w program just for a small minor update like 3.0.1

thanks but u still not gettin my drift I HAVE 3.0 FIRMWARE, and I HAVE 3.0.1. downloaded thats not the problem I DONT KNOW WHERE TO FIND THE FILE FOLDER FOR MY IPHONE UPDATE (3.0) SO THAT I CAN SELECT IT after i click "browse" in redsnow
i guess i do not understand but it should not be this hard
you said you were on 3.0.1, now when you open redsn0w you can no longer locate the firmware that you updated from itunes?
then go to that website i sent you and download a new one to your desktop and when you browse select that.

thanks but u still not gettin my drift I HAVE 3.0 FIRMWARE, and I HAVE 3.0.1. downloaded thats not the problem I DONT KNOW WHERE TO FIND THE FILE FOLDER FOR MY IPHONE UPDATE (3.0) SO THAT I CAN SELECT IT after i click "browse" in redsnow

Dude thats ez. You have to click Tools on any screen like "My documents" or "my computer". Then you click Folder Options then View and thenclick show hidden files and folder instead of Do not show.. This will allow you to see it and pick it when you want to jailbreak it.

looking to get an Iphone with Tmobile data service. I'm seeing all these post about unlocking or re-unlocking. It seems like having a jalibroken iphone ismore of a hassle maintaining it that way. Do you think it's worth it? Question is mostly directed to those who are using an unlocked iphone. Thanks inadvance for any responses.

Originally Posted by marath0n

^ i heard it will be added in the new firmware 3.1
Do you know when that's dropping?
i read somewhere it was suppose to be mid to late august and seems we are about to surpass it. im guessing apple is more focused on the launch ofsnow leopard. So i will say mid to late september? i hope

for the time weather calendar theme, is there any way to change the weather from Sausalito to my area directly through the iPhone?

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

for the time weather calendar theme, is there any way to change the weather from Sausalito to my area directly through the iPhone?
Nope, you gotta SSH it or use DiskAid.

^ Thank you! I'm extra new to the jailbreak so I've been trying to figure out how to get to folders! lol thnx again

Originally Posted by marath0n

^ i heard it will be added in the new firmware 3.1
Do you know when that's dropping?
i read somewhere it was suppose to be mid to late august and seems we are about to surpass it. im guessing apple is more focused on the launch of snow leopard. So i will say mid to late september? i hope
They said late summer. September 21st is the official end of summer so anywhere b/w Sep. 9th and Sep. 18th is my guess.

If i unlock/jailbreak my phone ...do i just put songs and music on it through itunes still or is it another way??

Saw some incase sliders at bestbuy and decided to cop the gunmetal.

Anyways, how would I be able to use custom ringtones for texts?
nerd.gif

[h1]http://gizmodo.com/5347252/facebook-30-iphone-app-now-available[/h1]
[h1]Facebook 3.0 iPhone App Now Available[/h1]
By Sean Fallon, 5:32 PM on Thu Aug 27 2009, 9,385 views (Edit, to draft, Slurp)
Copy this whole post to another site

Slurp cancel

progressIndicator_roller.gif

select site advertising consumerist deadspin defamer fleshbot gay fleshbot gawker gizmodo idolator io9 jalopnik jezebel kotaku lifehacker valleywag artists gawkershop sploid

According to Joe Hewitt, the man behind the Facebook app, version 3.0 is now available. Even if it says 2.5, the new version should download. [Twitter Thanks Tim!]

Just un-install the current Facebook ap, and download it again from the app store.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom