Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

my home button is not workin.. i remember there was an app that let you navigate from one app to another without having to tap the home button.. can anyonehelp please thanks

Originally Posted by just reason

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

So i did that update or whatever but when it reset my phone it didn't change the carrier at the top.. Its still says MattyP
Anyway I can fix that without jailbreaking it again?

photovqx.jpg

go download makeitmine from cydia and reset it through there.
But dont you only have cydia if you have jailbrokem your phone?

Originally Posted by NCTwin

My notes keep crashing on 3.0. I've tried looking up ways to fix it, but I can't find anything. Could anyone help?? Also, is there anything I could use to edit the system strings?? Customize won't work for me...

your notes? have you reset your phone?.. and to edit system strings.. you use openssh/cyberduck or whatever you use to ssh in your phone..

Wait, I'm still learning this thing, so please bare with me. I reset after I unlock?? I've done that. Are you saying I may have to unlock again?? Ihaven't found something good to SSH my phone yet. Is there one you recommend??

My notes keep crashing on 3.0. I've tried looking up ways to fix it, but I can't find anything. Could anyone help?? Also, is there anything I could use to edit the system strings?? Customize won't work for me...

your notes? have you reset your phone?.. and to edit system strings.. you use openssh/cyberduck or whatever you use to ssh in your phone..

Wait, I'm still learning this thing, so please bare with me. I reset after I unlock?? I've done that. Are you saying I may have to unlock again?? Ihaven't found something good to SSH my phone yet. Is there one you recommend??

I just bought a jailbroken iphone from my friend and used cydia to "unlock" the phone, haven't been able to test to see if it's trulyunlocked. I'm running 2.2 and I just plugged the iphone into my comp for the first time, my ? is should I update to 3.0.1? or stay at 2.2?

Wait, I'm still learning this thing, so please bare with me. I reset after I unlock?? I've done that. Are you saying I may have to unlock again?? I haven't found something good to SSH my phone yet. Is there one you recommend??
You have to use SSH, DiskAid or Cyberduck to edit system strings. Far as Notes, mine is sort of crashing, in the sense, it's loading up mypast Notes but immediately they disappear and it tells me I have no Notes. Damn, I need my old Notes, I kept all my bill dates/payment etc. there
smh.gif

"We expect Apple to add new iPhone carriers in the U.S. within the next year (likely with a new product launch next summer," Munster wrote in a research note as part of an examination of the 14 "unanswered questions" about Apple. "By way of example, for various reasons the company moved from an exclusive relationship with French wireless carrier Orange to a multi-carrier model. In France, the company now enjoys dramatically higher market share (in the 40 percent range vs. about 15 percent in ROW) than in countries with exclusive carrier agreements (such as AT&T in the U.S. where the iPhone has market share in the mid-teens)."
Read more: http://www.fiercewireless.com/story...likely-end-next-year/2009-08-31#ixzz0PmGXA5MR

I knoow the rumors have been speculated for some time now, but.... I'll be keeping an eye out...

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

^ Go to Cydia and look for a app called "Make It Mine", it should be under utilities or tweaks. Also what lockscreen is that? Right now I'mrunning Calender Weather.

Oh yeah, 3.0 improved my Tmobile reception. At my office, I could barely get a bar or two but now im getting 3 - 4 bars!

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

^ Go to Cydia and look for a app called "Make It Mine", it should be under utilities or tweaks. Also what lockscreen is that? Right now I'm running Calender Weather.

Oh yeah, 3.0 improved my Tmobile reception. At my office, I could barely get a bar or two but now im getting 3 - 4 bars!

thanks, Ill see if I can find the tut. for the lock screen.

Wait, I'm still learning this thing, so please bare with me. I reset after I unlock?? I've done that. Are you saying I may have to unlock again?? I haven't found something good to SSH my phone yet. Is there one you recommend??
You have to use SSH, DiskAid or Cyberduck to edit system strings. Far as Notes, mine is sort of crashing, in the sense, it's loading up my past Notes but immediately they disappear and it tells me I have no Notes. Damn, I need my old Notes, I kept all my bill dates/payment etc. there
smh.gif
I do the same thing. Some notes pull up, some are desynched(I'll open one note and it shows the contents of another), and some just kick meback home. Not sure what to do about that...

There's no way to edit strings directly on the phone¿ Customize used to be my best friend...
frown.gif

You have to use SSH, DiskAid or Cyberduck to edit system strings. Far as Notes, mine is sort of crashing, in the sense, it's loading up my past Notes but immediately they disappear and it tells me I have no Notes. Damn, I need my old Notes, I kept all my bill dates/payment etc. there
smh.gif
I do the same thing. Some notes pull up, some are desynched(I'll open one note and it shows the contents of another), and some just kick me back home. Not sure what to do about that...

There's no way to edit strings directly on the phone¿ Customize used to be my best friend...
frown.gif
Eh, no not really but there is this one thing, it was called something like WWB Widget Settings, you could edit strings on the phone but Icouldn't get it to work for the life of me, so I just deleted it. I got it from Cydia though.

Some news:
Rockstar Games has announced that the critically acclaimed Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars from Rockstar Leeds, the winners of the 2009 Develop Award for Best Handheld Game Studio, will be making its way to the iPhone and iPod touch this fall.

"Chinatown Wars is a perfect match for the iPhone and iPod touch," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "We are very excited to bring this incredibly ambitious version of Liberty City, with this level of detail and immersive gameplay on Apple's new gaming platforms."

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is currently available for the Nintendo DS and is also coming this fall for the PlayStation Portable system. The game follows the story of Huang Lee, a young Triad who travels to Liberty City after the mysterious death of his father. Players will navigate their way through the streets as they uncover the truth behind an epic tale of crime and corruption within the Triad crime syndicate, delivering the unprecedented amount of depth that has become a true trademark of the Grand Theft Auto franchise.

Read More

Some Facebook News:

Facebook has released version 3.0.1 of their iPhone app to fix bugs found in the 3.0 release.

No word on exactly which bugs were fixed but for the new version to be approved so fast its probably a worthwhile update.

If you have anymore information please let us know in the comments.

Read More

Joe Hewitt, the developer of Facebook for iPhone has detailed some of the upcoming features in Facebook 3.1.

ReadWriteWeb had a chance to talk with Hewitt and learn more about the app's roadmap. In the interview he mentioned three new features...

Contact list synchronization between your Facebook friends list and your phone's contact list
"It's a Terms of Service thing more than a technical limitation,"

Push notifications
"I plan to have it in the next major update, the 3.1. It will be the same kind of notifications you get on the website. I probably won't right off the bat give you chat notifications. If you've ever used Facebook's SMS notifications, you can have pretty granular control and it will be the same level of notification in terms of whose notifications you see and what categories you see."

Saved, site-wide search
"I hope but I can't promise to get that into the 3.1 update," Hewitt said. "We're still working on getting that into the API. I'm also hoping to let you save a search to your home screen."

No word yet on the planned release date for Facebook 3.1; however, we will let you know as soon as anymore information is available.

Read More

GTA for the iphone
pimp.gif
, also i havent updated my iphone yet, it's still on 3.0, do i need to update? it's jailbroken btw

Originally Posted by KTaylor

img0006copy.jpg
this is what i got. How do you change your service provider name to something else?
how did you get that tap unlock thing? I've been looking for something like that for a while.

smh.gif
I do the same thing. Some notes pull up, some are desynched(I'll open one note and it shows the contents of another), and some just kick me back home. Not sure what to do about that...

frown.gif
EDIT: Try iFILE, it's in Cydia, you can edit phone settings on the phone.

smh.gif

frown.gif

K. I'll check it out and let you know what happens. Thanks. Let me know if you find a solution for the Notes too.

smh.gif

frown.gif

K. I'll check it out and let you know what happens. Thanks. Let me know if you find a solution for the Notes too.

Originally Posted by ThEbAyKiD415

img0006copy.jpg
this is what i got. How do you change your service provider name to something else?
how did you get that tap unlock thing? I've been looking for something like that for a while.
For ppl wondering how I got my lockscreen go here. As for the touch unlock, it should be on the site, just follow theinstructions, there is like 3 pages worth of different things you can do to customize it. if anything, ill upload my lock if it cant be found. Im thinking opshould put this on the first page.

Oh yea, one more thing. I keep getting these blank safari pages that take me to some site called designz999.com or somthing like that. Everytime I delete them,more come. Has anyone had this problem before? How do I stop it?

Originally Posted by ThEbAyKiD415

img0006copy.jpg
For ppl wondering how I got my lockscreen go here. As for the touch unlock, it should be on the site, just follow the instructions, there is like 3 pages worth of different things you can do to customize it. if anything, ill upload my lock if it cant be found. Im thinking op should put this on the first page.

Oh yea, one more thing. I keep getting these blank safari pages that take me to some site called designz999.com or somthing like that. Everytime I delete them, more come. Has anyone had this problem before? How do I stop it?

Sorry for the trouble but could you upload the touch unlock? I cant seem to find it on the site/

Back
Top Bottom