+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Of course. Most people never heard of dude, so of course they gonna check him out. That's all rappers are these days anyway, free advertisement.
Doubt the people who don't know Tom Ford have the money to afford his clothes.

I was talkin to my cuz about this yesterday how many of yall think cats are goin to go out and cop tom ford just because of hov..

what type of ******** is that hov you already got the hiphop world in your palms..just drop the full track already

ive already seen TF stuff on peoples ig for sale....& when did they get it on the 5th :lol:

So now we see why Beach Is Better is cut short... (via hov's tweet)

Because vacations never last as long as you wish they would;

Just as you begin to get used to the enjoyment, it's gone...

weak excuse lol.

no its not... its actually spot on

@tay true if we do thats going to be the corniest **** ever lol..

I think the hov and ross track might be the summer anthem

theyll save up for it. just like those stupid hermes belts. People do anything to seem relevant/fresh. They dont know its stupid to spend money to LOOK rich instead of saving money to become rich

the brand doesn't have any prominent logos to display, and unless dudes plan to stunt in a trap club in cashmere suits then it's most unlikely

there was an episode of a show called Iconoclasts where Tom Ford and Jeff Koons (both mentioned on the album) interview each other

might be worth watching if you're interested

Last edited:
im just waiting on the ig post that says

"i pop molly & rock tom ford"
laugh.gif
I'll give it two and a half months for it to happen

the brand doesn't have any prominent logos to display, and unless dudes plan to stunt in a trap club in cashmere suits then it's most unlikely

Pretty much...

...if Jay dropping it in a song is the first time you've heard of Ford, then I can see how someone would make that assumption, but if you're familiar with the brand then you know it's pretty unlikely that you'll see GBE in suits in the next Keef video shot in his gram'ma's living room.

Last edited:
Real talk illegal op..I've heard of the brand way before the song but never looked into it...even now

I love this album man. the first 9-10 tracks are just great.

Beach is better oh myyyyyyyyyy

overall I'm giving this 8.5/10. Well done Hov

Of course. Most people never heard of dude, so of course they gonna check him out. That's all rappers are these days anyway, free advertisement.
Cosinging this. He and I know a guy who bought Tom Ford shoes and people flipped out when they found out how much they cost. Never saw people get so mad about what the next man is buying.I tweeted at him to see if there was going to be a solo tour which I desperately want because the Justin Timberlake thing isnt coming anywhere near me and I dont listen to his music like that anyway so I dont want to see him to steal the stage from Jay

Last edited:
I agree with you about WTT. His no church in the wild verse is still one of my favorites since it came out.

But Jay is in a position to make an album as sophisticated as he wants it to be. He is in a position where the critics and the media do not matter. He can drop whatever he wants and it will sell so why not come up with a deep and introspective album that will make these young hip-hop fans "think?" That would be creating the new rules. That would be changing the culture and I believe he has the ability and popularity to do that. "Heaven" is the best track on the album(IMO) because it actually makes me think. It has substance and so does Oceans. Unlike BBC and part II(worst songs on the album IMO)

overall I like this album a lot.

I see where your coming from but when doing that you have to really think of the generation that he's trying to get to... and not just the music that is being made but how this generation is digesting music. someone who's been listening to Migos, Gucci, future etc etc ALL THE TIME .... isn't going to be able to transition into an album with content. Becuase when listening to those artist everything is taken at pure face value. Their's no thinking, no having to look up certain things said, understanding the significance and placement of certain verses.

If he was too release an album completely filled with those kind of messages he would literally have to release another decoded for just that album.
Not buying this.

"Oh Jay-Z dumbed down his verses because the average fan in this generation wouldn't understand" Okay, then why did GKMC just go plat? Why did Born Sinner do 300k first week? And Jay is far more influential and has a larger fanbase than Kendrick and Cole. Not buying the argument that a deep/complex album from Jay-Z wouldn't be received well in the current climate.

If Jay was actually in touch with what's going on with the culture, he would know that this would have been the perfect time to drop a deep album. There is a market for conscious rap and it's growing larger and larger. I can tell you right now that if Jay had taken this opportunity to drop something deep to hit people over the head, it would have changed hip hop forever. After Kendrick last year, then Cole, Wale this year, for the premier artist in hip hop to follow suit it would have essentially been a message to the hip hop community to say "Alright, this era of wack **** is over. We're off that"

The bottom line is, Jay chose to play it safe and "dumb it down to double his dollars".. which I can't support. He already sold a million records before the album even dropped, he could have put out whatever record he wanted and still gotten paid. We could have gotten a timeless hip hop album from Jay-Z. Instead we got an album that will be hot for a summer.

Last edited:
Not buying this.

"Oh Jay-Z dumbed down his verses because the average fan in this generation wouldn't understand" Okay, then why did GKMC just go plat? Why did Born Sinner do 300k first week? And Jay is far more influential and has a larger fanbase than Kendrick and Cole. Not buying the argument that a deep/complex album from Jay-Z wouldn't be received well in the current climate.

If Jay was actually in touch with what's going on with the culture, he would know that this would have been the perfect time to drop a deep album. There is a market for conscious rap and it's growing larger and larger. I can tell you right now that if Jay had taken this opportunity to drop something deep to hit people over the head, it would have changed hip hop forever. After Kendrick last year, then Cole, Wale this year, for the premier artist in hip hop to follow suit it would have essentially been a message to the hip hop community to say "Alright, this era of wack **** is over. We're off that"

The bottom line is, Jay chose to play it safe and "dumb it down to double his dollars".. which I can't support. He already sold a million records before the album even dropped, he could have put out whatever record he wanted and still gotten paid. We could have gotten a timeless hip hop album from Jay-Z. Instead we got an album that will be hot for a summer.
I would've repped you, but it says I'm over my limit. I never known that could've happened. But yeah, agreed 100%.

How do we know he didn't put out the album he wanted though ? Srs question

How do you know what would've changed hip hop forever ? No hate but that sounds like a bit of an exaggeration.

Not buying this.

This is where you and me disagree because although this may not be an immediate "Classic" album it will be around much longer than a summer, still has TONS of content and Production wise is probably the best produced album sine BP1 or GRODT...

When i speak on Jay-Z dumbing it down it's not as if he's stooping down to some sing songy ******** to top charts. Sure Cole & Kendrick sell and just like Jay-Z they both have the right mixture of serious content and songs people can just bop their head too and not have to sit back and replay a verse a million times to understand. and while cole & Kendrick are both GREAT rappers neither one of them are nearly as good at disguising multiple meanings and messages in their music as Hov is. The **** he spoke on throughout reasonable doubt is still going over cats heads and its been damn near 20 years.

So when i compare this to that record then yes he's dumbed it down, but make no mistakes this album is still VERY good and has bought some type of emotion back into hip-hop.

Jay just gave Guru or Just Blaze permission to post the finished version of DP3....

ONE OF THEM BETTER BE CHECKING THEIR TWITTER

@S_C_50m

RT @TinaciousAoun What is the biggest lesson you've learned from the music industry? #MCHG @S_C_ [run when people say "Worldwide smash"]

when I first read that I thought he said "run when people say worldstar" 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Last edited:
Just Blaze ‏@JustBlaze 4m

All you've heard of DP3 is all that exists.
Expand
Just Blaze Just Blaze ‏@JustBlaze 6m

Hey guys. Sorry to crush your dreams but...
Expand

Back
Top Bottom