Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by DubA169

do you not understand why expectations are different between lebron and lin?

im not expecting the same nor is anyone else... ppl expect as great as lebron is to be a closer in clutch performances.... and ppl say lin is good so we expect him to play good against good teams... nothing more nothing less... no one with sense is expecting him to be cp3 tommorow but if you claim you are good im well just like anyone else expecting to see you play good against good players/teams whats to get

no one said he is stockton but you and others said he is good so i want to see him be good against other good players... ie the brandon jennings, the stephen currys etc... the mario chalmers...

same as we expect great players to be great against great players... we expect dwade to be good/great against kb8... it wouldnt impress anyone if he goes ham with mike bibby guarding him... no one is gonna throw a hoopla if cp3 has a amazing game against jarred jack..

if derrick rose gets the best of him no big deal its expected and i aint gonna be like ah you suck etc...because derrick is a elite great player, but if he cant handle the likes of players like lawson, curry, jennings, holiday then i cant say he is good because he wouldnt be able to compete with good players.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by LDJ

You can't learn speed and strength... Only thing he's gonna get better at by guarding Rose is yelling out "Help!"
laugh.gif

lol but he has to learn to use his other attributes like his bball iq and his wit... kidd isnt really fast nor strong anymore yet he does well against the quicker guards.... look at andre miller he has never been quick,fast nor strong and he one of the most solid pgs we have in the game...
��
....But then we add Derrick Rose into the equation.... and..well....

in his defense drose can do that to pretty much anyone in the game but still lol

Originally Posted by LDJ

You can't learn speed and strength... Only thing he's gonna get better at by guarding Rose is yelling out "Help!"
laugh.gif

lol but he has to learn to use his other attributes like his bball iq and his wit... kidd isnt really fast nor strong anymore yet he does well against the quicker guards.... look at andre miller he has never been quick,fast nor strong and he one of the most solid pgs we have in the game...
��
....But then we add Derrick Rose into the equation.... and..well....

in his defense drose can do that to pretty much anyone in the game but still lol

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

exposed is such a harsh word

agreed. anyone who has bad performance = exposed .   someone gets shut down for one game = exposed.

imagine if the Internetz were this robust during the MJ era.

bad MJ game = exposed.
Miami shut that boy the #%!$ down. You damn right he was exposed. 
Everyone has been hyping him up and the moment he plays a power team he can't show up, why? Because Miami shut him down right after the tip off. 

He didn't have an off game. You don't get "exposed" from having an off game. Chalmers ate Lin alive 15 seconds into the game. 

This is the MIAMI HEAT we're talking about right now, the team that went to the finals last year. 

Was anyone genuinely expecting Lin to take down Lebron, Wade, and Bosh? Honestly, was there anyone who really thought he could do anything to stop them? 

Joel was sending shots back like bounced checks, Bosh was shooting them out, Chalmers/Cole played excellent defense, Battier chased loose balls and hustled hard, and Lebron and Wade did what they always do. Miami was running at full speed. Lin ain't ever faced an opponent like that. 

So you damn right, Lin got EXPOSED. 

Is he still a great player? Hell %%!!+#@ yeah. Lin is an amazing young player who only has time to grow and help lead his team to higher heights. 

But I hope this game slapped reality back into all the idiots who think Lin is the greatest thing in the league. 

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

exposed is such a harsh word

agreed. anyone who has bad performance = exposed .   someone gets shut down for one game = exposed.

imagine if the Internetz were this robust during the MJ era.

bad MJ game = exposed.
Miami shut that boy the #%!$ down. You damn right he was exposed. 
Everyone has been hyping him up and the moment he plays a power team he can't show up, why? Because Miami shut him down right after the tip off. 

He didn't have an off game. You don't get "exposed" from having an off game. Chalmers ate Lin alive 15 seconds into the game. 

This is the MIAMI HEAT we're talking about right now, the team that went to the finals last year. 

Was anyone genuinely expecting Lin to take down Lebron, Wade, and Bosh? Honestly, was there anyone who really thought he could do anything to stop them? 

Joel was sending shots back like bounced checks, Bosh was shooting them out, Chalmers/Cole played excellent defense, Battier chased loose balls and hustled hard, and Lebron and Wade did what they always do. Miami was running at full speed. Lin ain't ever faced an opponent like that. 

So you damn right, Lin got EXPOSED. 

Is he still a great player? Hell %%!!+#@ yeah. Lin is an amazing young player who only has time to grow and help lead his team to higher heights. 

But I hope this game slapped reality back into all the idiots who think Lin is the greatest thing in the league. 

I'm glad the brought the hype back down to earth. Who is gary payton talking about? LOL Grandpas trying to make it into the NBA again, like SHEED and all. All these broke foolios trying to ride LIN.

I'm glad the brought the hype back down to earth. Who is gary payton talking about? LOL Grandpas trying to make it into the NBA again, like SHEED and all. All these broke foolios trying to ride LIN.

Chalmers ate him up because he stole it once from him? And exposed? Really? So when lebron shut down drose, he was exposed too? Miami has the best defense in the league. If he was "exposed" then other teams can just do what Miami did and shut down Lin. The difference is teams don't have the personel to play defense the way Miami does. Miami was supposed to shut down Lin. No one was expecting Lin to do well against them. I don't understand why people hate on lin for being "over hyped". ESPN overhypes the story not the player. This story is something that will never happen again so it should be celebrated. The underdog lost last night and it doesn't take away from any of his prior accomplishments.

Chalmers ate him up because he stole it once from him? And exposed? Really? So when lebron shut down drose, he was exposed too? Miami has the best defense in the league. If he was "exposed" then other teams can just do what Miami did and shut down Lin. The difference is teams don't have the personel to play defense the way Miami does. Miami was supposed to shut down Lin. No one was expecting Lin to do well against them. I don't understand why people hate on lin for being "over hyped". ESPN overhypes the story not the player. This story is something that will never happen again so it should be celebrated. The underdog lost last night and it doesn't take away from any of his prior accomplishments.

All this talk about Lin getting exposed is ******ed. Mavs beat Heat last year does that mean the Heat got exposed? No they were and still are a great team. Lin already set a new record for most pts and asts combined in 1st ten games. Expose that.
Side note Stephen A Smith is an idiot. Case closed.

All this talk about Lin getting exposed is ******ed. Mavs beat Heat last year does that mean the Heat got exposed? No they were and still are a great team. Lin already set a new record for most pts and asts combined in 1st ten games. Expose that.
Side note Stephen A Smith is an idiot. Case closed.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

I'm glad the brought the hype back down to earth.

pimp.gif

Personally I really hope Lin ends up with a solid NBA career, but the amount of hype he got was just beyond ridiculous.  

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

I'm glad the brought the hype back down to earth.

pimp.gif

Personally I really hope Lin ends up with a solid NBA career, but the amount of hype he got was just beyond ridiculous.  

It was the underdog story that got him all the media. He wasn't even offered a D-1 Scholarship out of high school even though he was the Northern California Player of the Year and he was undrafted.

Players like DRose and Kyrie Irving were expected to do well. Expected to be #1 overall picks. Got the endorsements. While Jeremy Lin sat at the end of the bench and made the most out of his situation when he got his first start.

Ya'll are hating. They aren't saying he's going to be the top point guard in the league. He's good but it's his background that allowed him to get most of the headlines.

It was the underdog story that got him all the media. He wasn't even offered a D-1 Scholarship out of high school even though he was the Northern California Player of the Year and he was undrafted.

Players like DRose and Kyrie Irving were expected to do well. Expected to be #1 overall picks. Got the endorsements. While Jeremy Lin sat at the end of the bench and made the most out of his situation when he got his first start.

Ya'll are hating. They aren't saying he's going to be the top point guard in the league. He's good but it's his background that allowed him to get most of the headlines.

Back
Top Bottom