Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

more for Ska...

Paul Coro @paulcoro

Quote of the night from @SteveNash, talking to Chinese media about you-know-who: "I'm the Canadian Jeremy Lin."

LOL!!!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

Originally Posted by 4one5

Originally Posted by psk2310

Is that really Alexas Texas sporting the Lin t-shirt...Damn...
interesting grip on that front squat
that's the grip i was taught. is it uncommon?
I was taught to use your whole hand but then again I don't perform those very often. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by psk2310

Is that really Alexas Texas sporting the Lin t-shirt...Damn...
I was taught to use your whole hand but then again I don't perform those very often. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by j d0t win

what are some good sites that sell cool Lin shirts? I dont want the basic new york knicks Lin Shirt jersey, im a Lin supporter not a Knicks fan so i dont want anything with a knicks logo

????

what are some good sites that sell cool Lin shirts? I dont want the basic new york knicks Lin Shirt jersey, im a Lin supporter not a Knicks fan so i dont want anything with a knicks logo

????

????
Do you care if it's the knicks colors?  If not you can find some shirts that don't have the knicks logo otherwise it might be hard.  I saw a shirt on osneaker.com that doesn't have the Knicks logo.

????
Do you care if it's the knicks colors?  If not you can find some shirts that don't have the knicks logo otherwise it might be hard.  I saw a shirt on osneaker.com that doesn't have the Knicks logo.

I was taught to use your whole hand but then again I don't perform those very often.�
ohwell.gif
grip doesn't matter.  either way is fine as long as you realize that the weight of the bar rests on the deltoids. 

a lot of ppl grip it lin's way because using the whole hands strains the wrist.

I was taught to use your whole hand but then again I don't perform those very often.�
ohwell.gif
grip doesn't matter.  either way is fine as long as you realize that the weight of the bar rests on the deltoids. 

a lot of ppl grip it lin's way because using the whole hands strains the wrist.

nice stat line without the high TO rate, then again there's one quarter left and he can turn it over really fast.

nice stat line without the high TO rate, then again there's one quarter left and he can turn it over really fast.

EARLY this morning—for viewers in China—the New York Knicks of the new Taiwanese-American hero Jeremy Lin played against the Dallas Mavericks and with them China’s current standard-bearer in the NBA: the 7-foot-tall Yi Jianlian, a high draft pick who has proven a disappointment in America. Mr Yi's Mavericks lost the game, 104-97, but the bigger loser was Chinese soft power.

Mr Lin has quickly amassed a huge following among Chinese basketball fans (and this country does love basketball). This poses a bit of a conundrum for Chinese authorities for a number of reasons. The most obvious is that Mr Lin is an American who is proudly of Taiwanese descent, which would seem to complicate China’s efforts to claim him (and oh how they have tried already—on which, more below).

But there are three other reasons Mr Lin’s stardom could fluster the authorities. First, he is very openly Christian, and the Communist Party is deeply wary of the deeply religious (notably on those within its own ranks). Second, he is not a big centre or forward, the varietals which are the chief mainland Chinese export to the NBA, including the Mavericks’ Mr Yi; and of course he came out of nowhere to become a star, having been educated at the most prestigious university in America, Harvard.

Mr Lin is, put plainly, precisely everything that China’s state sport system cannot possibly produce. If Mr Lin were to have been born and raised in China, his height alone might have denied him entry into China’s sport machine, as Time’s Hannah Beech points out: “Firstly, at a mere 6’3

EARLY this morning—for viewers in China—the New York Knicks of the new Taiwanese-American hero Jeremy Lin played against the Dallas Mavericks and with them China’s current standard-bearer in the NBA: the 7-foot-tall Yi Jianlian, a high draft pick who has proven a disappointment in America. Mr Yi's Mavericks lost the game, 104-97, but the bigger loser was Chinese soft power.

Mr Lin has quickly amassed a huge following among Chinese basketball fans (and this country does love basketball). This poses a bit of a conundrum for Chinese authorities for a number of reasons. The most obvious is that Mr Lin is an American who is proudly of Taiwanese descent, which would seem to complicate China’s efforts to claim him (and oh how they have tried already—on which, more below).

But there are three other reasons Mr Lin’s stardom could fluster the authorities. First, he is very openly Christian, and the Communist Party is deeply wary of the deeply religious (notably on those within its own ranks). Second, he is not a big centre or forward, the varietals which are the chief mainland Chinese export to the NBA, including the Mavericks’ Mr Yi; and of course he came out of nowhere to become a star, having been educated at the most prestigious university in America, Harvard.

Mr Lin is, put plainly, precisely everything that China’s state sport system cannot possibly produce. If Mr Lin were to have been born and raised in China, his height alone might have denied him entry into China’s sport machine, as Time’s Hannah Beech points out: “Firstly, at a mere 6’3

Back
Top Bottom