Official Jordan 1.5

Wait so were all retro 2s like this before 2014 or were these the only ones? I don't recall 2004 Chi 2s having a Jumpman...

Edit: wait a min, those are Doernbecher 2s which are an exception, esp because that line takes a lot of creative liberties (i.e. DB IVs having a Superman symbol)
I think they included the jumpman because the kid or whoever designed them replaced the wings logo on those. it would have no Jordan branding left if the heel said nike. it's all a matter of how they want to promote the brand. personally I would be fine with the jumpman tag on the 1s and no heel jumpman. I can stand a different tag more than I can stand a giant jumpman in an area that never had any branding to begin with. but it was free space for JB to market the jumpman so I get why they started doing it. especially choosing a place that so many people will see when walking behind you.

Man these look good, but this is a busy month so I might have to skip on these 
tired.gif

This is so misleading, on NDC they're calling the 1.5, "Retro 1 High" as if they're the OG Bred 1's. I guess if someone did a sole swap they can fool people into thinking they're real OG Hi's.

Last edited:
This is so misleading, on NDC they're calling the 1.5, "Retro 1 High" as if they're the OG Bred 1's. I guess if someone did a sole swap they can fool people into thinking they're real OG Hi's.

That's because Nike never called them the 1.5 in the first place. They were never the 1.5.

If they switched the top with the jordan 2 silohette (cant spell that word), and give it a 1 outsole, then those will sale ALOT more. This was very poorly executed.

Everyone should stop calling these "1.5s"...thats not even the name of the shoe.
 the 1.5 is the melos...lol 
$150 seems to be the magic number on ebay. I dont know if they'll sit long enough to go in disco. We'll see.
i wonder if Nike will let me exchange the soar blue for the blk/red without receipt. dirty trick, but probably the best way to ensure disco. 

was going for the blk/red, but the discount on the soar blue just too hard to pass. still can't decide yet, won't receive the shoe till next wed. 

They were called 1.5s by all of the sneaker blogs for months before their release, and the name stuck. "The Return" wasn't officially given as their name until very shortly before the Chis' release.

And it's a hell of a lot easier to call them "1.5s" than "Jordan 1 Hi The Return"

Only place I can really think of putting the title as "The Return" is Nike. Every time a cw of these release and nike tweets about them I get excited because it's a 1, click on the link and get disappointed 
laugh.gif

They were called 1.5s by all of the sneaker blogs for months before their release, and the name stuck. "The Return" wasn't officially given as their name until very shortly before the Chis' release.

And it's a hell of a lot easier to call them "1.5s" than "Jordan 1 Hi The Return"
True, it's easier to call them 1.5 than "The Return." However we already have the Melo 1.5, which is the official name for them. And I can see why Nike "officially" named these "The Return" because after all, MJ returned from his injury to rock these on court for a few games.

All in all, I think Nike should've called these the 1A. Or officially, "Air Jordan 1A The Return." And why insert the term "High" in the name, unless Nike is going to release these in low top version as well? The fact Nike called them straight 1s, imo, forced sneakerheads to dub these the 1.5s.

I dunno. A "Melo 1.5" is a Melo 1.5 that Carmelo wore.

A "Jordan 1.5" is a Jordan 1.5 that Jordan wore.

Regardless, I don't think it's worth getting one's dander up over.

Good point on Melo 1.5 vs Jordan 1.5

At the end of the day, the "1.5" is still a solid buy for the price point. I have the Chicago's and played ball in em and I must say they respond well on that 94x50 hunk of wood (shoutout to Chick Hearn).

I love it that people are hating on them, makes it easier to cop and double up if needed.

Last edited:

Good point on Melo 1.5 vs Jordan 1.5

At the end of the day, the "1.5" is still a solid buy for the price point. I have the Chicago's and played ball in em and I must say they respond well on that 94x50 hunk of wood (shoutout to Chick Hearn).

I love it that people are hating on them, makes it easier to cop and double up if needed.
how are they compare to the recent 2s? 

i tried to play in my concord 2s and that didn't work out too well. lol but as a casual shoe they are very comfortable. 

how are they compare to the recent 2s? 

i tried to play in my concord 2s and that didn't work out too well. lol but as a casual shoe they are very comfortable. 
I don't own a pair of the 2014 White/Varsity Red 2s, but I do own the 2010 Chicago 2s (black midsole). The 2010 Chicago 2s did not respond well on the court, as I only played in them twice. Of course, that was 5+ years ago when I was a bit younger and I did a lot more penetrating, cutting, and actually played some defense.

I'm a lot older now (40) and take a lot more relaxed approach on the court - think spot up three-point shooting. Nevertheless, the 1.5s still held up really well if you're simply running up and down the court, playing little to no defense whatsoever, and pretending you can still jump vertically lol. After 1.5 hours of on-court use, my feet weren't hurting so that's a definite plus. The cushioning was great, and felt even better since I always double my socks. But the base of the outsole is narrow, so I'd say stability is somewhat hindered when it comes to cutting laterally.

One of my favorite shoes to ball in today remains the Lebron 7s and 8s, the Zoom Kobe Vs and Nike Hyperdunk, Reebok Question 1 blue toe, and Adidas AdiZero Rose 2.5 Playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom