OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

Originally Posted by RKO2004

hey NT i need to know what kind of water proofer to use in these
i have some from footaction called sneaker protector water proofer
is this what i should use?
is there a certain kind made for suede and nubuck or is this it?
im asking because the instructions say," for suede and nubuck use footaction suede and nubuck cleaner"
it says nothing about a water proofer made for suede and nubuck
is the cleaner also a proofer?
do i have the right stuff?
thanks

They are separate products. What I want to know is how do you clean suede without drying it our or messing the color up
sick.gif
you didnt really answer my question, is what i have going to work?
anyone else?
381718990.jpg

this is what i have.is this what i should use on the 6s?
anyone else?
i experimented on some old beaters but it seems like it made em fade
it worked but it made the color fade
anyone got a video of them using this?

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by MrRaiRai

Originally Posted by Mr NikeTalk

JAYFIEND wrote:

I swear once OG dudes realize its not 2000 anymore the JB forum will be so much better.
This guy wants a better forum instead of better shoes
smh.gif
I actually agree with Jayfiend. We can control the forum but we can't control what JB does. He's right its not 2000 anymore. Get over it already.

this is whats wrong with this section, and it remains da stinkhole of NT, ya would rather just bend over and take sucky retros then actually demand better...you think

no one reads these comments?

according to RW they do, but ehhhhh they know what theyre doing
smh.gif

heres the thing most of you fools don't understand...
they aren't going to change jack %@%! for you. go ahead and cry and @%!** about some damn SNEAKERS online like some little girls. you are grown men...

stop acting like children, if you don't like what you see, log the hell off. honestly, you ruin everyone else's experience on the site with all that nonsense.
i bet, if more dudes stopped crying about every release, these threads would be 50 pages shorter..

m7f3ty.jpg

we know they arent going to change anything son, so heres the thing you kids dont understand

since you guys settle for anything, no matter what cheap @$% material JB decides to use, no matter how hard they try to "retro" or "bring back" OG styles. It post like yours that make JB not give a $#!t about its customer and just given em what ever would make profits.

According to Rockwell, nike does read these post. Hopefully they cant read our side of this argument and slightly improve on thier products but we all know all they trew the true meaning of what the brand represented and all they care is about tricking kids into buying "retro, OG inspired shoes".

and what experience from the jordan brand forum are you talking about fam???????
laugh.gif

how long have we known that nike and jb read through the forums? we've known this for years, and %!+$ still hasn't changed.
so why do you all still go around complaining?

dudes will complain about ANYTHING on the shoes now.
"awman, there's some glue on the bottom of the shoe! +%#+ Jordan brand! i had to peel it off!"

is that something to really complain about?
or is this retro PLUS colorway something to complain about?
because clearly these aren't infrareds, just like the dispute in the flu games thread. they are a completely different pair of shoes.

as long as people buy their product, they will still continue to make it, the same way they have been making it.
and i might sound mad, but at least im not crying about a damn sneaker on a message board. u sad?

they havent changed anything after all of these years. do you think they are going to stop for a few dudes on a message board?
when theres millions of people out in the world who still buy their product?
Good post

Stupid dudes like ninjahood think  whining on a message board is going to make Jordan brand for fill there demands Smh... All it does is ruin threads for everyone that likes the shoes and want info

exactly, we cant even go in the thread an discuss the shoes without someone trolling in

i was actually a hater. my boy copped then i felt the suede. Buttery. Would rather wait for a re retro of the black infrared

That's the reason Jordan Brand doesn't listen to there consumers because people like ninjahood will complain about anything no matter what

This is a great shoe and there complaining. Just don't buy the shoes simple no one got a gun to your head forcing you to buy it

Thats the way these people are acting if JB releases trash shoes just don't buy and move on wait for the next good release

not whine in a thread for 2 weeks smh...

Some dudes in here is 20 years old and up and they make fun of the younger dudes in here but yet they act like there the same age

dude is 26 and acting like a dam 3 year old

Jordan brand wants their true retroes to remain rare. That's why they are releasing retroes with minor changes. At least this is what I'm guessing.

I hope people continue to dislike these because i will be going for a second pair.........And for people talkin about the infrared pack(if its true) i will cop those too ...LOL.....I just sold my NDS infrareds last year and still happy with these........people cryin.... pssss .... JB could have done helluva lot worst!!!!

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Jordan brand wants their true retroes to remain rare. That's why they are releasing retroes with minor changes. At least this is what I'm guessing.

I remember reading an article where Gentry said this exact thing. It was to reward the owners of the originals.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Damn, so you guys are saying these are less comfortable than the '09 Space Jam,
sick.gif

The '09 SJ's are very uncomfortable
smh.gif

My thoughts. Yes. The VI's are all around a better looking shoe with better build quality ( in regards to the XI's, i remember in a college game, this dude straight took an abrupt stop
and his feet literally penetrated through where the patent leather and sole met. Crazy shiiiz). It's subjective talk... but the VI's all the way.

You are in the minority with this statement.  As far as the dude that tore his XI's during a college game, I believe the conclusion was that they were fake, and yes it was discussed at length in this forum.

But had they had put these on that Christmas Eve release... my presumptions say that these would have been
ate through the gate in very similar response to the Jams

The XI's feel so bulky... but Nike's timing to release them for Noel's celebration was a strategy you can never take away from them.

You may like the VI over the XI, and that's fine.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion and what they prefer.  However, saying that it was only pandemonium because they were released before X-mas is absurd.  Every XI release has been a circus.  Some may say that the first retro run of XI's launched the Jordan retro era.

When the IV's, V's and VI dropped from 1999-2001 I bough all of them a few days after RD.  FSR's everywhere, except Black/Red IV's which sold within a week.  I bought the Infrared VI mid week, before class.

Then the SJ's dropped in December of 2k
eek.gif
, and people went crazy.  Then the Black/Red's dropped, crazy again.  Then the Cool Grey's dropped, there were some crazy stories.

(Note: Columbia's dropped before the Black/Reds, but I sat that one out, all white didn't do it for me at the time
ohwell.gif
).

You could've flipped RD's and the Space Jam release still would've been nuts.

People love the XI's
here's another problem though, so many other previous release jordans were all backlogged in stores not selling because people were WAITING for da space jams

(red white XII's, flu game XII's, rising sun XII's) so da infrareds had they drop in xmas would've been canibalized by da red and white XII's AND people people would've

just waitin til january for da potential space jam release.

all this though and i bet da infrared pack sells out.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by loskickking23

I hope people continue to dislike these because i will be going for a second pair.........And for people talkin about the infrared pack(if its true) i will cop those too ...LOL.....I just sold my NDS infrareds last year and still happy with these........people cryin.... pssss .... JB could have done helluva worst!!!!

yup yup

sick.gif

smh.gif

My thoughts. Yes. The VI's are all around a better looking shoe with better build quality ( in regards to the XI's, i remember in a college game, this dude straight took an abrupt stop
and his feet literally penetrated through where the patent leather and sole met. Crazy shiiiz). It's subjective talk... but the VI's all the way.

You are in the minority with this statement.  As far as the dude that tore his XI's during a college game, I believe the conclusion was that they were fake, and yes it was discussed at length in this forum.

But had they had put these on that Christmas Eve release... my presumptions say that these would have been

The XI's feel so bulky... but Nike's timing to release them for Noel's celebration was a strategy you can never take away from them.

You may like the VI over the XI, and that's fine.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion and what they prefer.  However, saying that it was only pandemonium because they were released before X-mas is absurd.  Every XI release has been a circus.  Some may say that the first retro run of XI's launched the Jordan retro era.

When the IV's, V's and VI dropped from 1999-2001 I bough all of them a few days after RD.  FSR's everywhere, except Black/Red IV's which sold within a week.  I bought the Infrared VI mid week, before class.

eek.gif
, and people went crazy.  Then the Black/Red's dropped, crazy again.  Then the Cool Grey's dropped, there were some crazy stories.

(Note: Columbia's dropped before the Black/Reds, but I sat that one out, all white didn't do it for me at the time
ohwell.gif
).

People love the XI's
here's another problem though, so many other previous release jordans were all backlogged in stores not selling because people were WAITING for da space jams

(red white XII's, flu game XII's, rising sun XII's) so da infrareds had they drop in xmas would've been canibalized by da red and white XII's AND people people would've

just waitin til january for da potential space jam release.

all this though and i bet da infrared pack sells out.
laugh.gif

Infrared pack will be as bad or worst than the DMP pack for sure.

Good post

Stupid dudes like ninjahood think  whining on a message board is going to make Jordan brand for fill there demands Smh... All it does is ruin threads for everyone that likes the shoes and want info

your naive...HOW ELSE does nike know what people want without assessing da public?

NIKE's retro division released foamposites with solid rubber bottom and they SAT, and complained and complained and guess what? nike doesn't release foamposites

with solid bottoms.

had a couple of regular customers turn these down after seeing what the suede looks like straight out the box. i told them all you had to do was use the suede and nubuck kit brush and they will look fine. they still didnt buy them. i really like mine and will be copping 1 more in 2 weeks when i can use my discount on them again. it so upseting looking at the kids size run with durabuck. whoever made the decision to use suede on the mens and durabuck on the kids should defenitley be fired.

Originally Posted by TheAdiMac

well a lot of us that want this shoe do not have access to swoosh so we cop for retail...

alot of people who had swoosh accounts didn't cop though, FSR on NDC

Originally Posted by RKO2004

hey NT i need to know what kind of water proofer to use in these
i have some from footaction called sneaker protector water proofer
is this what i should use?
is there a certain kind made for suede and nubuck or is this it?
im asking because the instructions say," for suede and nubuck use footaction suede and nubuck cleaner"
it says nothing about a water proofer made for suede and nubuck
is the cleaner also a proofer?
do i have the right stuff?
thanks

They are separate products. What I want to know is how do you clean suede without drying it our or messing the color up
sick.gif
you didnt really answer my question, is what i have going to work?
anyone else?
381718990.jpg

this is what i have.is this what i should use on the 6s?
anyone else?
i experimented on some old beaters but it seems like it made em fade
it worked but it made the color fade
anyone got a video of them using this?
I have the Foot Locker water proofer and in the directions it says "For suede and nubuck use the Foot Locker Suede and Nubuck cleaner".

Good post

your naive...HOW ELSE does nike know what people want without assessing da public?

NIKE's retro division released foamposites with solid rubber bottom and they SAT, and complained and complained and guess what? nike doesn't release foamposites

with solid bottoms.

two different things. Foamposites dont always sell well because honestly they are crap for casual wear. If you actually ball in your shoes(I understand this is a revolutionary concept) then you are in the minority. I dont ball in my retro Jordans, but I ball in my foams I guarantee you that. But they are so expensive and a lot of people think that theyre ugly as hell. No matter how well a shoe performs if people think its ugly then it will sit.

Originally Posted by TheAdiMac

Good post

with solid bottoms.
two different things. Foamposites dont always sell well because honestly they are crap for casual wear. If you actually ball in your shoes(I understand this is a revolutionary concept) then you are in the minority. I dont ball in my retro Jordans, but I ball in my foams I guarantee you that. But they are so expensive and a lot of people think that theyre ugly as hell. No matter how well a shoe performs if people think its ugly then it will sit.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

foamposites sell each and everytime they drop for years with no hype, people just cop, so right now what you did is pass a opinion off as a fact.

MANY people will pick copper penny foams over these varsity red VI's and they're 50 dollars MORE to boot.

sick.gif

smh.gif

eek.gif

ohwell.gif
).

People love the XI's

Binye seldom delivers a popular opinion, haha... but i see the implication.

In retrospect... i do recall the hooplah that circled around the release of any XI circa 2000-2002 (starting with the concords all the way 'til the snakeskin/IE lows). It was crazy. I actually woke up at 3:30 am back in march of 2001 to cop the Cool Greys (and that was due to the influence of my friends... but they pressed me to go cuz i was the only one with a whip... haha).

I guess my slight indifference now (and remembering how they felt - the bulkiness was daunting) is what made me apathetic about the recent space jam release.

If i'm going to spend roughly 200 bucks on a pair of shoes i only paid 133 and change (after taxes) back in 2001 for... i better be getting a box that can double as a bulletproof lunchbox and can transform into a full-sized blow up doll with life-like nether regions to boot - cuz that's an absurd amount of dough for kicks (sans foamposites), especially general release kicks.

Still haven't held the Varsity Reds yet... but i'm sure with my satisfaction with all the 12's, Raging Bulls and DMP VII's that released last year, i won't be dissapointed this time around.

Good night world.

A giggity.

god, where do they get this information from? Foamposites don't sell out? #$!?  

Had they reversed the releases... you think the turnout/pandemonium would have still existed?

My thoughts. Yes.

ReachingFullPotential.jpg

Originally Posted by Mr NikeTalk

You herbs can enjoy the varsity legacy all you want

Herbs, LULZ.  If you are going to make fun of people, at least use a word that's used in this decade.  Herb, last time i heard that was in the early 90s

Back
Top Bottom