Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weatherman

• Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters
Don't try to put 3s in the convo. 4s started it all [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

EXACTLY, I WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A PAIR OF KD III's LOOKED LIKE IF SOMEONE RAN UP AND DROP KICKED ME IN A PAIR! :rofl:

Last edited:
To all you people saying under armour shoes are ugly an unappealing ...if Nike was not not nike nobody would like the, everyone would think they're ugly. Go put a nike sign on some UA shoes and half you people would by them, UA IS JUST GETTING A BAD WRAP. they are a very comfortable shoe much more comfortable than Nike

Ua is not getting a bad rap. Calm your **** bo jackson.

Much more comfortable than nike? Have you worn the kd vii?

Much more might be od there young slugger

I'm just saying, what's the point in becoming relevant if you're just gonna lose money? You're a business, you wanna make money, not lose it. Look at what happened with the Dreamcast.
Oh man...9/9/99 I came home from school and there it was. 128-bit glory. Sonic's footprints in the sand? BRUH.

You know what my dumbass did? I sold it and all my games/controllers/VMUs for spending money like 5 years later.
frown.gif

anyways...

I don't think the question will be, Can UA make a decent shoe? The question is: Will they be able to sell it to the masses? I personally don't think they can ever sell enough shoes to justify this deal! I also believe that's not their goal! The goal is to become relevant in the basketball shoe/apparel game, which I do think they can accomplish if KD continues his success on the court! But..... I think it will take years to see if this works out!

Decent performance or visually? Because if they can't make a appealing sneaker visually they won't be able to sell them.

I'm still trying to figure out why people are talking this KD come home to the Wizards when he's NEVER even played for the Wizards! Granted he's lived somewhat in that area which is the same story with countless NBA players but him going home to a team he's never played for just sounds funny to me unless your talking about the Sonics. It's not like it's the same story that's with Lebron who's from Ohio and was actually drafted by he CAVS, played for the CAVS when he first came to the NBA, went away a few years to the Heat, won a couple of rings, and is now going back to the CAVS the team that he originally played for and the state in which he's from. KD never even played for the Wizards, his NBA career and accomplishments actually lay more with the Thunder (and I'm not an OKC fan)

Now about the shoes I'm just going to be honest. The primary reason I care about KD staying is because I love the 7's and want to see a full run with that shoe. I didn't even start to look at KD's until the 4's dropped, picked up my first pair of KD's with the Christmas 5's, and 3 pairs of the 6's. So I wasn't a huge Nike KD collector, but I love how the 7's look. All in all I hope he does stay with nike because I like the direction his shoe is going in but if Nike and UA came to an agreement where Nike would run a full line of the 7's and UA would pick him up afterwards for his first shoe with them which would've been his 8th shoe for Nike I would be just as happy. I believe a lot of people up here are really concerned about KD leaving Nike because there concerned about the KD 7 shoe run being cut short, I know I am and I'm not ashamed to admit it. If I hadn't seen and purchased the KD 7 I probably wouldn't care if UA picked KD up at the end of the 2013 -2014 season. I myself don't plan on picking up any of his UA shoes. There's no real deep reason behind it I'm just not a fan of the UA brand, and it's as simple as that..

As it's been mentioned before they'll be more Nike's for us to go crazy over one way or another. Some people are fans of the athlete, but most people are more fan to the brand the athlete endorses than the actually athlete.

Last edited:
Ua is not getting a bad rap. Calm your **** bo jackson.

Much more comfortable than nike? Have you worn the kd vii?

Much more might be od there young slugger

Yes I have worn kd 7 I have global games and if you compare nike frees to Apollo speedform the Apollo is 10 times more comfortable or compare the hyper fuse to the atomix spawn the spawn is much more comfortable

Yes I have worn kd 7 I have global games and if you compare nike frees to Apollo speedform the Apollo is 10 times more comfortable or compare the hyper fuse to the atomix spawn the spawn is much more comfortable

You forgot to put IMO. You said earlier if Nike wasn't Nike nobody would like them. Reality is Nike IS Nike. UA as of now can't compete on any level besides comfort in some cases. That's a fact. They have nothing sneaker wise that's classic like the Air Force 1, Foamposite One, Air Jordan 11. UA is up and coming and it'll take time to grow. To compare the two company's isn't a fair fight as of now. The UA supporters lose me when they say or imply people are possessed by the swoosh. Nike is just better right now.

IMO

Last edited:
I'm still trying to figure out why people are talking this KD come home to the Wizards when he's NEVER even played for the Wizards! Granted he's lived somewhat in that area which is the same story with countless NBA players but him going home to a team he's never played for just sounds funny to me unless your talking about the Sonics. It's not like it's the same story that's with Lebron who's from Ohio and was actually drafted by he CAVS, played for the CAVS when he first came to the NBA, went away a few years to the Heat, won a couple of rings, and is now going back to the CAVS the team that he originally played for and the state in which he's from. KD never even played for the Wizards, his NBA career and accomplishments actually lay more with the Thunder (and I'm not an OKC fan)
Speaking as a Wizards fan, it is mostly just wishful thinking. But I really do think there's a chance he comes and plays for the Wizards. He is from the area and still has close connections to this area. In fact he's launched the last 2 shoes in the DMV. The fact that he has never played for Washington is irrelevant IMO. In one interview he said he used to go to a ton of Wizards and Mystics games. It would be one thing if he had no roots in the DMV at all. I think if he does decide not to re-sign with OKC, there's a strong chance he comes and plays for the Wiz. Especially if he signs with UA. Like one article mentioned, UA would be paying him more annually than OKC salary. That doesn't really mean much at all, but fans are gonna grasp at anything.

I would like for some of the UA supporters to post pics of the UA shoes that look good but don't get attention because they don't have swoosh.

The first couple UA shoes I saw looked terrible so I haven't looked in that direction since.

IMO KD has already had some pretty terrible silhouettes in his line, but I would love to see UA give him a great looking product.

Speaking as a Wizards fan, it is mostly just wishful thinking. But I really do think there's a chance he comes and plays for the Wizards. He is from the area and still has close connections to this area. In fact he's launched the last 2 shoes in the DMV. The fact that he has never played for Washington is irrelevant IMO. In one interview he said he used to go to a ton of Wizards and Mystics games. It would be one thing if he had no roots in the DMV at all. I think if he does decide not to re-sign with OKC, there's a strong chance he comes and plays for the Wiz. Especially if he signs with UA. Like one article mentioned, UA would be paying him more annually than OKC salary. That doesn't really mean much at all, but fans are gonna grasp at anything.

Plenty of basketball players still have ties to there areas and have done things to commemorate where they're from including sneaker releases. The "relevance" I was simply mentioning is the fact that he's never played for the Wizards therefore he couldn't be technically be going back home to the Wizards because he was never there, that's all. I can understand you wanting him to go to the Wizards though if that's your team that makes since especially if your in the DMV area I still remember going to Bullets games lol and we're talking basketball, but if we where talking football you and I know that would be a different can of worms because he could either go to the ******** in DC or the Ravens in Maryland because of how the whole DMV thing works now lol. I personally very rarely venture to the Maryland part of the DMV I'm usually in the VA/DC portion but I'll be in MD for Sneaker Con in Oct. But if he did actually end up going to the Wizards I wouldn't be complainning either because the likelyhood of me seeing him play would be 100% higher than me seeing him play in OKC lol. I just want to see a full run with the Nike KD 7's that's all.

Plenty of basketball players still have ties to there areas and have done things to commemorate where they're from including sneaker releases. The "relevance" I was simply mentioning is the fact that he's never played for the Wizards therefore he couldn't be technically be going back home to the Wizards because he was never there, that's all. I can understand you wanting him to go to the Wizards though if that's your team that makes since especially if your in the DMV area I still remember going to Bullets games lol and we're talking basketball, but if we where talking football you and I know that would be a different can of worms because he could either go to the ******** in DC or the Ravens in Maryland because of how the whole DMV thing works now lol. I personally very rarely venture to the Maryland part of the DMV I'm usually in the VA/DC portion but I'll be in MD for Sneaker Con in Oct. But if he did actually end up going to the Wizards I wouldn't be complainning either because the likelyhood of me seeing him play would be 100% higher than me seeing him play in OKC lol. I just want to see a full run with the Nike KD 7's that's all.

All of this talk comes from KD saying if he ever left OKC he would wanna go back home.

I just don't think DC sports fans understand. How much of a stretch him leaving OKC is.

All of this talk comes from KD saying if he ever left OKC he would wanna go back home.

I just don't think DC sports fans understand. How much of a stretch him leaving OKC is.

I'm a Lebron fan for the record lol so my team's the CAVS. DC is just closer to me than Cleveland and OKC

Last edited:
I don't know. I could see UA KDs being huge depending on the design/marketing. Nikes marketing has been corny. Let's hope UA targets mire than just grade schoolers. Also it depends on how well kd plays of course

Nike has killed/been killing competition in design, marketing, appeal, etc etc

boys are just in here giving their personal opinions rather than speaking somewhat objectively about it

Nike has killed/been killing competition in design, marketing, appeal, etc etc

boys are just in here giving their personal opinions rather than speaking somewhat objectively about it

I love nike marketing. I'm just speaking in reference to kd. I'm not really a fan of the kd is not nice or "the baddest". It just seems gimmicky.

Design wise, I love what the do for kobe. Kd and lebrons in recent years.... Not so much

I played in my 35K 7s the first time yesterday and was slightly disappointed in the performance. Traction and cushioning wasn't not quite as good as I was expecting. I'm going to qualify that by noting that gym I was playing out was pretty dusty and I'm very out of shape, which could have impacted my opinion of the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom