Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weatherman

• Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters

The resale market of DBs, APs, and any other kind of charity-related sneakers has always made me sick to my stomach.
As much as I hate resellers I directly blame Nike for this.  Why make a shoe that benefits hospitals (DB), Breast Cancer (AP), Parkinsons (MAG) a limited release?  Produce the F out of those shoes, let every one who wants a pair get them for retail, and donate the funds or a portion of it to the charity.

Instead they make a limited release for charity?  When it comes to these kinds of product launches, Nike makes me sick, not the resellers.

I will step down from my soapbox now, thank you for listening to me.

Last edited:

As much as I hate resellers I directly blame Nike for this.  Why make a shoe that benefits hospitals (DB), Breast Cancer (AP), Parkinsons (MAG) a limited release?  Produce the F out of those shoes, let every one who wants a pair get them for retail, and donate the funds or a portion of it to the charity.

Instead they make a limited release for charity?  When it comes to these kinds of product launches, Nike makes me sick, not the resellers.

I will step down from my soapbox now, thank you for listening to me.
This. Nike makes these shoes for about $40-50 then sells them for anywhere from $170 to $250. They could easily produce twenty times the amount that they do and keep $75 dollars for themselves so they still make a profit. That would still lead to AT LEAST a $100 contribution to charity PER SHOE. Then only people who want the shoes for themselves and want to support the cause would be able to get them. Not the people with ATC services making $500-600 off of people who legitimately want to own the shoes.

Quit tryna take heat off resellers. Nike could make a billion of aunt pearls and them lame *** desperate ***** would still be up on ebay tryna get 500 for a pair its disgusting

Last edited:
Quit tryna take heat off resellers. Nike could make a billion of aunt pearls and them lame *** desperate ***** would still be up on ebay tryna get 500 for a pair its disgusting
Im the last person in this place who would defend resellers but go ahead and tell me why the 2011 Nike MAG has 1500 pairs and not 15,000 or 150,000?  Tell me why the DB 8's were as limited as they were.

Nike controls the supply and demand.  They know the demand is there yet they pump out limited supply - of course there will be someone to capitalize on that.  Nike doesn't give on **** about any of those charities or else they would throw real production numbers at it.  Instead they follow their business plan of trying to create hype and whatever they happen to make for the charity on the side is a secondary bonus.

Don't be fooled - Nike is FULLY to blame in this instance.

Some good points, if Nike really wanted to raise money they could throw HUGE production numbers

Anybody know if END is selling the pony hairs? I don't see any Nike on their release calendar :nerd:

Last edited:
Is anyone planning on picking up the Longhorn State's tomorrow? I won a raffle but don't think I'm gonna grab them. I'm just not sure I would ever wear them.

That's why I liked the BoxTroll Roshe release - eBay auction.  So people paid their 400, but the bulk went to charity.  I wouldn't be mad at that being a model for future releases.

It seems like Nike is relying on the Weathermans to be that memorable shoe for the 7's. After these, they should be done with the Weatherman releases. With the 7's theme revolving around weather, give it a proper send off.

Anybody know what the white purple colorway look like coming out in feb? Its on finishline calendar. Might be just a kids release but idunno

NDC tomorrow I'm ready
NDC better not do something crazy and start at sz8!
I just want to tell you both, good luck. We're all counting on you.
roll.gif
thanks fam i'm currently 5/6 on NDC for ext release with the only one being the blue suedes that sold out on me, denim, 3 kobes and black suede, i'm feeling pretty good but on any given release day......

Last edited:
nobody's buying them, they said. now I'm on NDC and couldn't add to cart less than a second after countdown ended, :lol:. maybe temporary i suppose

Back
Top Bottom