Official Lakers at Suns Game 4| Lakers lead (2-1)

Originally Posted by gko2408

Originally Posted by ehh

Who cares if Artest shot 1-5 from three or if Sasha needs to play more?  The zone had nothing to do with LA's problems last night.  They shot 50% from the damn floor. 
roll.gif

They played no D and didn't rebound, that's why they lost.  Screw the zone, that had very little impact on the outcome.  
This is where watching the actual game trumps what the stats tell you.
In the 4th, Lakers had to struggle to get shots off.  Pau and Bynum had trouble with the hard doubles that the Suns pushed at them.

For the Lakers to have won that game, they needed to do a couple of things:

1st, Better defensive rebounding/boxing out.  Giving the Suns as many shots as they did.  There was one rebound in the 2nd half where Amare was surrounded by 3 Lakers and still came up with the offensive rebound.  That shouldn't happen at the NBA level.

2nd, The role players need to hit their open shots.  The Suns thrive off running off missed shots and a big part of the reason why the Suns looked completely outclassed the first 2 games was because of the made shots Farmar, Artest, and Odom were hitting.  When they're hitting shots (which happens rarely), it slows the Suns down just a bit and allows the D to get back.

The Suns did play D, with the hard doubles on Pau and Kobe.  They decided to let Artest and Odom try to beat them and those two weren't able to.
I watched the whole game, and you're basically agreed with me, just in more detail.  Their offense wasn't perfect against the zone, but it was a small issue compared to their D and rebounding.   The LA bigs need a little more movement without the ball against the zone, every time they cut and Kobe had the ball - he found them for a good look.  Not a major issue though.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

smh.gif
--Im not an analyst. But PHX got this. I dont see their shooting cooling down anytime soon.
--And the Lakers cant overcome the zone overnight. As proven last night.

Cant overcome the Zone? Kobe had 38 and 5 players were in double figures and they scored a 106 points, the Zone defense isnt the problem. The Lakers problem is on the defensive side, how many open shots did PHX have last night and second chance points due to lack of boxing out. The fact that the Lakers played as bad as they did on defense and the game was tied with 5 minutes left, PHX should still be concerned. Take away Frye's wide open shots in the second and the back to back to back 3's in the forth and the Suns lose.

smh.gif
--Im not an analyst. But PHX got this. I dont see their shooting cooling down anytime soon.
Giving up when LA is going back home for game 5?....what a true fan...
pimp.gif

Great games by PHX and KOBE... This LA team tho...
sick.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

smh.gif

indifferent.gif
shut up

you were probably waving the white flag when denver spanked the lakers in game 4 last year and clearly outplayed them the first 4 game of that series and the first 3 quarters of game 5 as well.

the lakers had the lead in the 4th quarter of both games in phoenix,  they'll make adjustments regroup and come out strong tomorrow night.

i was much more stressed about the denver series last year because they were in position to win games 1 and 3 of that series, they won game 2 and they looked dominant in game 4 last year.  that's not taking nothing away from phoenix but i'm confident the Lakers will win this series regardless if they win or lose on thursday. 

anyone who wants to get into panic mode,  just start your own little Lakers offseason thread, post in it all by yourselves,  and don't be posting excessive
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
's in about 3.5 weeks.

smh.gif

Relax. It's fairly obvious neither team can win on the road.

Anyone else see the suns constantly throw the ball away after they score. Wheres the delay of game? Watch Lopez everytime he scores, always messes with the ball. Annoying as hell.

Also, every time Lopez sets the pick, he sticks his leg out or pushes off.

^ didn't notice that but odom got a technical 'cause of holding the ball for a while after their made shot. the refs should be more consistent
ohwell.gif

3 game series, wtih 2 in LA.  We'll be ok. 

We were 2-2 last year vs Denver also, and in game 5 Denver actually led most of the game, but we found a way in the 4th, and won the series. 

Games 3 and 4, we had a lead in the 4th quarter in BOTH games, and just didn't seal the deal.  Thas on us.  Have to do a better job closing out quarters, and holding/extending leads. 

We knew Frye would show up at some point, but he doesn't do well on the road, and neither has Amary.  We HAVE to punish Frye on defense when he is in  Looks like a dear in headlights.  We need to get Odom/Gasol/Bynum the ball when he is on the court and push him under the basket, he can't stop anyone down there.  Be patient, let the series play out. 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Anyone else see the suns constantly throw the ball away after they score. Wheres the delay of game? Watch Lopez everytime he scores, always messes with the ball. Annoying as hell.

i could be mistaken but dont they just throw the ball to the ref?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ludex360

lakers fans always crying, how about you blame everyone except kobe

GTF out of here immediately, dude kept us in the game. You're lame. And all of you panicking out here and saying the Lakers will lose are probably all the "fans" who were panicking before game 5 of the first round. RELAX. Home cooking goes both ways.

smh.gif
What fan are you?
roll.gif

Zone aint a problem. Lakers shot pretty well and scored enough points but their defense sucked.

smh.gif
wow

i expected more from you darth...you do know its 2-2 tied
worry when if we get down 2-3

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by DesertDunk 34

nerd.gif
I always hated this, the fact that they even grab the ball after they score irritates me.  Even in rec leagues.

The Suns beat the Lakers plain and simple.  No gimmicks, no refs, no excuses.   Luckily, this series is tied at 2-2, going back to L.A.

They have to get on the same recovery plan, as they did when they got in trouble with the Thunder.  Home cooking is a great way to get back to basics.

I think Darth is just using some of that reverse psychology
laugh.gif

And I'm pretty sure we have an ridiculously good record in these decisive Game 5s where the series is tied 2-2. And although this is a different year, with a different team, we still have guys that know how to get it done. I'm confident they'll come through tomorrow.

Kobe's going to be ready, as he has been the entire playoffs since the end of the OKC series. The rest of the guys need to get with it and focus as a whole defensively on getting back after made or missed shots, our floor balance in transition was horrible and led to a lot of those threes by their bench.

smh.gif
You a btch. This isn't even about being "real" and "objective" when analyzing the series.

It's 2-2 and you throwing in the towel? With that attitude you don't deserve to celebrate anything should the lakers take it all this year.

Fan card revoked as far as I'm concerned.

Originally Posted by Liquor Poker

smh.gif
You a btch. This isn't even about being "real" and "objective" when analyzing the series.

It's 2-2 and you throwing in the towel? With that attitude you don't deserve to celebrate anything should the lakers take it all this year.

Fan card revoked as far as I'm concerned.

haha, he does this to give the Lakers luck.... but the rest of you

Originally Posted by DesertDunk 34

Originally Posted by tmoney85

nerd.gif

no, he doesnt just throw it to the ref.  he usually taps it in a random direction.  I remember a few times when the ball went flying into the stands after he tapped it, dfish looked at the ref like "#$$ are you gonna call that or not?" and of course no call.  that was so damn annoying.

throwing the towel too early
smh.gif
acting like the suns are up 3-2.
smh.gif
no way they're gonna win in staples.

Back
Top Bottom