[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Originally Posted by CP1708

Those of you reading between the lines, more showtime means less Bynum, more Dwight. 
wink.gif

Only one of them dudes can actually "run" the floor.  And you need rebounds to run, and Dwight handles both, nicely. 
happy.gif

I would be shocked though if Phil really did come back a year later, AGAIN.  I mean, damn dude. 
laugh.gif

My thing about Magic, here was this dude who ran thru the 80's and our MO was simple, get beat, make a tweak on the fly, and come back and win the title the next year. 
Lost in 81, come back and win in 82. 
Lost in 83-84, come back and win in 85.
Lost in 86, come back and win in 87 and 88. 

All by adding a small piece here and there, a Mycharl Thompson, role guys like that.  We lost in 91, we went and filled our weakness (secondary ballhandler to play off Magic) to come back in 92, but of course Magic was forced to retire. 

So here you have a guy that saw a championship team evolve over the course of a decade, they take one bad loss, and he says "blow it up"? 
grin.gif

"Blow it up" your @#$ Magic.  We make a couple moves and we right back where we need to be, plus the extra 7 weeks of off season you don't get when you make deep runs in the playoffs.  Come on Magic, you should know better than that. 
30t6p3b.gif
yea i was thinking the same. and since kobe doesnt have any surgeries he needs to have no any of the other guys, they can rehab all summer and come back strong and rested in september.

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Phil = Brett Farve of the NBA

Phil is the best their is...i really would have liked for him to get this 3peat! he deserved it so much

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Phil = Brett Farve of the NBA

Phil is the best their is...i really would have liked for him to get this 3peat! he deserved it so much

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Magic Johnson as coach...

steve-nash-no-thanks-o.gif

He just needs to disappear honestly, the ONLY thing he was great at was basketball. Y'all remember "the Magic Hour"
sick.gif
and the tin foil suits he wears? Yikes
Word. Mamba you can use this gif in the future if you want.
laugh.gif

ed825a2e63bb47869f0bf9fc0352bd131eaa78c.gif

He just needs to disappear honestly, the ONLY thing he was great at was basketball. Y'all remember "the Magic Hour"
sick.gif
Word. Mamba you can use this gif in the future if you want.
laugh.gif

ed825a2e63bb47869f0bf9fc0352bd131eaa78c.gif

Random thought: Initially when Artest auctioned off his ring to charity, I thought that's nice. Thinking he would surely get atleast one more with the lakers. Now it looks as if he is on his way out...

Random thought: Initially when Artest auctioned off his ring to charity, I thought that's nice. Thinking he would surely get atleast one more with the lakers. Now it looks as if he is on his way out...

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

As much as you guys are saying bynum+scrubs for Howard, I don't see it happening. Bynum is one jump away from being out for a season. His contract is up there too, so its a big risk in my eyes, 15 mil is a nice chunk. Odumb, he has a hefty contract too. If they couldn't do it with Howard, I don't see them doing much more with fragile Bynum. If I'm Orlando, I say go for it all into try to resigning him. If he walks, he walks. There's no need for them to take on more horrendous contracts, they already do with Arenas and Turk
I don't know how many more times this has to be said, but IF the Magic make this deal, they would only be locked in to Drew and LO's contracts for the next season, both have team options for the following year, so if they don't pan out, no harm no foul, they just cut ties and have $27 million in cap room.

Just DO IT OTIS!

Naw Otis knows the magic fans not gonna accept one year rentals for dwight, if they letting the people they traded for go after a year they would rather just keep dwight for that year and let him be a free agent...

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

As much as you guys are saying bynum+scrubs for Howard, I don't see it happening. Bynum is one jump away from being out for a season. His contract is up there too, so its a big risk in my eyes, 15 mil is a nice chunk. Odumb, he has a hefty contract too. If they couldn't do it with Howard, I don't see them doing much more with fragile Bynum. If I'm Orlando, I say go for it all into try to resigning him. If he walks, he walks. There's no need for them to take on more horrendous contracts, they already do with Arenas and Turk
I don't know how many more times this has to be said, but IF the Magic make this deal, they would only be locked in to Drew and LO's contracts for the next season, both have team options for the following year, so if they don't pan out, no harm no foul, they just cut ties and have $27 million in cap room.

Just DO IT OTIS!

Naw Otis knows the magic fans not gonna accept one year rentals for dwight, if they letting the people they traded for go after a year they would rather just keep dwight for that year and let him be a free agent...

Originally Posted by PMatic

My predictions for the head coaching situation:

Hire Brian Shaw to "baby sit" this team. If the right moves are made *cough* Dwight Howard *cough* then Phil returns in 2012-13.

or

Hire a coach that preaches more uptempo basketball because that's what Jerry Buss wants. More "Showtime", less "Triangle Offense".
I only worry that in pressure situations Brian won't be able to demand respect from the players esp. Kobe.  Babysit is the right word and that's what worries me.  We need a parent figure that is respected by everyone and players (Kobe) won't dare to question their authority.  Dou you guys think B. Shaw has that? being friends with Kobe isn't necessarily a good thing

Originally Posted by PMatic

My predictions for the head coaching situation:

Hire Brian Shaw to "baby sit" this team. If the right moves are made *cough* Dwight Howard *cough* then Phil returns in 2012-13.

or

Hire a coach that preaches more uptempo basketball because that's what Jerry Buss wants. More "Showtime", less "Triangle Offense".
I only worry that in pressure situations Brian won't be able to demand respect from the players esp. Kobe.  Babysit is the right word and that's what worries me.  We need a parent figure that is respected by everyone and players (Kobe) won't dare to question their authority.  Dou you guys think B. Shaw has that? being friends with Kobe isn't necessarily a good thing

sick.gif
Yeah Magic these past few years has been
alien.gif
. I respect Jerry West never says anything stupid to the media and always says I don't work for the Lakers in any form
laugh.gif
. You guys should listen to his interview on Dan Patrick.

sick.gif
alien.gif
. I respect Jerry West never says anything stupid to the media and always says I don't work for the Lakers in any form
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

alien.gif
laugh.gif
Was this the interview bout how the Lakers are gonna have a tough time finding a taker for the guys most fans want traded?
[h3]Jerry West: ‘Nobody wants very many’ Lakers[/h3][h4]May 10th, 2011, 2:25 am · 26 Comments · posted by KEVIN DING, OCREGISTER.COM[/h4]
Jerry West, like most Lakers fans, was “embarrassed

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

alien.gif
laugh.gif
Was this the interview bout how the Lakers are gonna have a tough time finding a taker for the guys most fans want traded?
[h3]Jerry West: ‘Nobody wants very many’ Lakers[/h3][h4]May 10th, 2011, 2:25 am · 26 Comments · posted by KEVIN DING, OCREGISTER.COM[/h4]
Jerry West, like most Lakers fans, was “embarrassed

It seems to me that the coaching job is the most important decision now.

From those exit interviews you could tell that the players were not working hard enough and the coaching staff let it slide because they had proven themselves.

Phil and Luke DO HAVE A FATHER SON RELATIONSHIP
sick.gif
. Brian Shaw is not hard on  his players and too friendly. They will never respect him.

If they hire Brian Shaw then it will be the same or even worse than this year. No sane coach will play scrubs like Luke and Fisher so it is no wonder those dudes want Shaw back.

Jeff Van Gundy or bust.

It seems to me that the coaching job is the most important decision now.

From those exit interviews you could tell that the players were not working hard enough and the coaching staff let it slide because they had proven themselves.

Phil and Luke DO HAVE A FATHER SON RELATIONSHIP
sick.gif
. Brian Shaw is not hard on  his players and too friendly. They will never respect him.

If they hire Brian Shaw then it will be the same or even worse than this year. No sane coach will play scrubs like Luke and Fisher so it is no wonder those dudes want Shaw back.

Jeff Van Gundy or bust.

Back
Top Bottom