[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

also if the magic ever did want to trade dwight for bynum and odom, couldnt they just terminate both bynum and odoms contract after the season? is that what a team option is?

also if the magic ever did want to trade dwight for bynum and odom, couldnt they just terminate both bynum and odoms contract after the season? is that what a team option is?

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I can't hold it in anymore: that Bynum rib check is being WAY overhyped.

Even when it happened, I was like 'Enh.'

But Barea acting like he broke a rib, milking it on the floor, and the announcer acting like he just witnessed a live beheading, right away, those two things got people acting like it really was the worst foul ever committed, on some 80s throat chop vibe or something.
Same way that I felt about both fouls. Barea knew what he was doing and Tirico
laugh.gif
dude made it seem like LO punched Dirk in the face. Tyson Chandler trying to act hard the whole series
laugh.gif
Ain't trying to start trouble in here, but a guy that is about 5'8'' gets checked mid-air by someone who outweighs him by about 100 easily, and Barea knew what he was doing? Did you see the landing? Dude was a ragdoll in the air.
laugh.gif

If I took that kind of spill I'd be on the ground for a minute too.

Watch the replay. No play on the ball. Barea's normal flop is him flailing his arms out, wasn't no arms flailing there.

If it was Tyson Chandler it wouldn't have been nothing more than maybe a flagrant one, but he's small. You going to blame Barea for that?

Unnecessary contact, and then trying to show up the refs by throwing his jersey off.

Exactly what I thought he'd get, 5 games.

And Tyson wasn't trying to act hard, you didn't hear him saying "we're going to win this game," like LO when they were down 10, or Kobe saying that they'd win the series after losing the first three.

Tyson was just playing hard and with emotion, that's how he plays. He'll play like that against Minnesota or the Celtics.

But Barea acting like he broke a rib, milking it on the floor, and the announcer acting like he just witnessed a live beheading, right away, those two things got people acting like it really was the worst foul ever committed, on some 80s throat chop vibe or something.
laugh.gif
dude made it seem like LO punched Dirk in the face. Tyson Chandler trying to act hard the whole series
laugh.gif
Ain't trying to start trouble in here, but a guy that is about 5'8'' gets checked mid-air by someone who outweighs him by about 100 easily, and Barea knew what he was doing? Did you see the landing? Dude was a ragdoll in the air.
laugh.gif

Watch the replay. No play on the ball. Barea's normal flop is him flailing his arms out, wasn't no arms flailing there.

If it was Tyson Chandler it wouldn't have been nothing more than maybe a flagrant one, but he's small. You going to blame Barea for that?

Unnecessary contact, and then trying to show up the refs by throwing his jersey off.

And Tyson wasn't trying to act hard, you didn't hear him saying "we're going to win this game," like LO when they were down 10, or Kobe saying that they'd win the series after losing the first three.

Tyson was just playing hard and with emotion, that's how he plays. He'll play like that against Minnesota or the Celtics.

NobleKane wrote:

Yes, they can either decide to keep one, or both, or neither and then Bynum and Odom would be free agents. 

That's not likely though, why let them both go when they could simply let Dwight walk too? 

But because the option is 1 year, they can keep them that one year, and see if they play well, go from there.  Or they can use them as trade bait the next trade deadline, and acquire more assets later for their rebuilding project  

NobleKane wrote:

Yes, they can either decide to keep one, or both, or neither and then Bynum and Odom would be free agents. 

That's not likely though, why let them both go when they could simply let Dwight walk too? 

But because the option is 1 year, they can keep them that one year, and see if they play well, go from there.  Or they can use them as trade bait the next trade deadline, and acquire more assets later for their rebuilding project  

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

What do you guys think about drafting Shelvin Mack?

I remember looking at a couple early mock drafts, and they had us taking him in the 2nd..........i wouldn't be mad at that at all

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

What do you guys think about drafting Shelvin Mack?

I remember looking at a couple early mock drafts, and they had us taking him in the 2nd..........i wouldn't be mad at that at all

Only way I want to trade Bynum is in a deal for Dwight. Our interior D would be TERRIBLE without him.

Only way I want to trade Bynum is in a deal for Dwight. Our interior D would be TERRIBLE without him.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Tyson actually looked scared out there most of the series even though the mavs were winning

Bynum deserves the 5 games...maybe dude will actually jump in a speed faster than  slow mo to try and block PG's.Dude stays getting owned with those runners and floaters

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Tyson actually looked scared out there most of the series even though the mavs were winning

Bynum deserves the 5 games...maybe dude will actually jump in a speed faster than  slow mo to try and block PG's.Dude stays getting owned with those runners and floaters

laugh.gif
@ Shannon Brown's month by month shooting this season. http://bit.ly/m50V3e

Lakers have four second round draft picks. I think they should strive to bring two of those four picks to training camp and have the other two go over to Europe. Or just trade a couple away for future second round draft picks.

After watching J.J. Barea tear the Lakers a new one, it brings to light what Isiah Thomas (Washington) could potentially do in the league. Only measured to be 5'10 in shoes, but he's quick, athletic and is a decent shooter.

laugh.gif
@ Shannon Brown's month by month shooting this season. http://bit.ly/m50V3e

Lakers have four second round draft picks. I think they should strive to bring two of those four picks to training camp and have the other two go over to Europe. Or just trade a couple away for future second round draft picks.

After watching J.J. Barea tear the Lakers a new one, it brings to light what Isiah Thomas (Washington) could potentially do in the league. Only measured to be 5'10 in shoes, but he's quick, athletic and is a decent shooter.

How exactly did Tyson look scared?
nerd.gif
I'd say him and Wood did a commendable job on the Lakers front-court.

NaS, check your twitter.

How exactly did Tyson look scared?
nerd.gif
I'd say him and Wood did a commendable job on the Lakers front-court.

NaS, check your twitter.

bynum could murder tyson chandler all day all night. the lakers were too dumb that went away from bynum. well Dallas won this series so dont matter what we say lol

bynum could murder tyson chandler all day all night. the lakers were too dumb that went away from bynum. well Dallas won this series so dont matter what we say lol

He was passive? Bynum is much stronger than him, he did what he could. He's not going to dominate Bynum in the paint, no way no how, but he just had to stay in front of him. He got beat quite a few times, but I expected it.

Wood and Tyson both just tried to contest his shots, that's all I could ask for, really. Worked in games 1 and 4, not so much in 2 and 3.

I'd say Tyson outplayed him in G1, to be honest.

Keep a body on him and don't let me go off for 25 every night, that's what the job of the Dallas bigs were. Our guys aren't Dwight Howard. We don't have that kind of strength. What we got is length.

He was passive? Bynum is much stronger than him, he did what he could. He's not going to dominate Bynum in the paint, no way no how, but he just had to stay in front of him. He got beat quite a few times, but I expected it.

Wood and Tyson both just tried to contest his shots, that's all I could ask for, really. Worked in games 1 and 4, not so much in 2 and 3.

I'd say Tyson outplayed him in G1, to be honest.

Keep a body on him and don't let me go off for 25 every night, that's what the job of the Dallas bigs were. Our guys aren't Dwight Howard. We don't have that kind of strength. What we got is length.

Back
Top Bottom