Official: Lakers vs. Celtics 2/18 7:30PM PST Game On TNT HD

Originally Posted by Wings90

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Stick to the topic of this thread....
wink.gif

but playing like crap in the regular season and still have a chance to get the 3 seed???....
i'll take it...
wink.gif
He said he wasn't mad at the loss, that's on topic.
tongue.gif
But he really didn't need to bring up the Spurs....
grin.gif

KTHXBYE....

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

you're just bein a laker stan

the way you wrote this you make it seem like the celtics were playing near their best

Que?

I posted that Boston is "relatively healthy". Do you know what that means? I mean, what team's 100% healthy at this time of year?

I posted the Celtics' record against the other top seeds in their conference. Is that disputable?

I posted that the addition of Nate Robinson might improve them. Is that not a positive comment?

I may be a biased, ignorant, intelligence lacking Lakers stan, but even I know that what I posted isn't remotely what you interpreted it to mean. What I extrapolated from the outcome of this game has nothing to do with down playing the loss. I posted how I thought these teams were going to fare in the playoffs. Could the actual result vary greatly from my prediction in February? Of course, but at this point we can't be surprised if the Lakers lose in the Conference Finals and the Celtics don't make it past the second round. That's all I'm saying.
1. You also justified the Lakers losing this game to Kobe being out, Bynum being 75%, and your starting point gaurd being in. You used that as an excuse for the loss, but then pointed out our record against top seeds in games where we too were without Kevin Garnett, Daniels, Paul Pierce (if not out, playing injured) and even Big Baby (not that he makes a huge difference, but since you're citing Fisher and Bynum in your list of excuses I thought I'd throw him in there too.)
2. Your right, it is a positive comment. I guess that means youre not an ##!+%*+, lol.

3. No need to say anything more, lol.

Happy with the results of the game, would be more happy had we won. I really think Boston is going to miss House more than they know right now. Especially if they find a way to make it to the Finals.

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Happy with the results of the game, would be more happy had we won. I really think Boston is going to miss House more than they know right now. Especially if they find a way to make it to the Finals.
Nate>House by far. What are you smoking

Good game Lakers fans.

Here's what I take away from the game last night regarding the Celtics.

The positive:

In the first 3 quarters the Celtics showed flashes of what they're capable of. They played at a level that I haven't seen since the first couple weeks of the season. I'm holding out some hope that they can turn it on in the second half/playoffs like the Spurs used to.

The negative:

They damn near blew another big lead in the 2nd half. This has been going on for way too long now and they need to find a solution ASAP. They get a big lead and start slowing the ball down, which makes their best player (Rondo) ineffective. The whole offense gets bogged down. I'm hoping Nate can help with this. The problem with this year's Celtics has never been their defense. They get a big lead and then go through stretches where they can't put the ball in the ocean, and let the other team right back in the game. This team is gonna give me a heart attack in the playoffs if this keeps up.

--The Celts won cuz they are the better team. Hats off to them. They got the job done last night.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

First of all it's not a one on one thing. It's a team thing. I think House is what that teams needs to succeed more than they need Nate. I like Nate as a player but I don't think he's going to hurt people with his outside shot like House did. As a Lakers fan I am happy with the trade.

this message is simply for westcoastsfinest

LA Loss
pimp.gif

this message has been a message for westcoastsfinest

I didn't see the game so I got nothing....
grin.gif

--Surprised you forgot about me dude. You seem to like saying my name.
--Eh, over the loss already. Is it mid April yet?!

First of all it's not a one on one thing. It's a team thing. I think House is what that teams needs to succeed more than they need Nate. I like Nate as a player but I don't think he's going to hurt people with his outside shot like House did. As a Lakers fan I am happy with the trade.
i dunno... i get what you're sayin, House is a better shooter and fits the system more... but this year he's been doing really bad. He only avged like 7ppg, and he's getting old... Nate may not be able to shoot as well but he'll be a much stronger offensive presence off the bench than house at least this season. Thats my opinion at least...

C's are still the team to beat in the East when fully healthy, IMO.

I still want see how Nate fits in with that team before i say anything..

Didn't see the game really last night due to an Open Bar.

Watched the replay today.. great game of defense and physical play. These teams don't like each other. I love it.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Surprised you forgot about me dude. You seem to like saying my name.
--Eh, over the loss already. Is it mid April yet?!
eek.gif

how could I forget DARTH...
smh.gif

LA Loss DARTH...
pimp.gif

And no its not April yet...

eyes.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by brandnew21

i dunno... i get what you're sayin, House is a better shooter and fits the system more... but this year he's been doing really bad. He only avged like 7ppg, and he's getting old... Nate may not be able to shoot as well but he'll be a much stronger offensive presence off the bench than house at least this season. Thats my opinion at least...
I can see what your saying. I agree that Nate will benefit that team in the long run but he's an undersized guard that can't shoot from distance. That may be ok when battling teams in the east but if they play the Lakers that's one less shooter to worry about.
I just wonder what role he's gonna play. He's not starting for them I don't think, so what is he going to come off the bench for Rondo? How much PT will he get, I will be interested to see how this plays out. Was it me or did it seem like a playoff game last night?

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

^He's not a great shooter from distance, but he can definitely knock it down.

I will agree with that. let's see if finding his shot in Boston is disruptive or helpful to the offense.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

^He's not a great shooter from distance, but he can definitely knock it down.

I will agree with that. let's see if finding his shot in Boston is disruptive or helpful to the offense.
House's defense was atrocious this season. He was a huge liability out there. Nate's D is much better. He can drive to the basket, as Kenny said, unlike House who is one-dimensional.

any laker fan saying they are happy with the loss is lying. the celtics were fatigued and had an atrocious 2nd half.

the cavs lose and the lakers had a chance to gain ground but didnt.

fisher and brown combined for a fantastic 3 for 18 shooting night.

throw in farmar and the 3 of them shot a super 5 for 25 from the field.

we need to explore the d league or something...get somebody off waivers who can actually shoot.

our point guards and shooting guards cant shoot for %@%! when it matters.

why the +%%+ wasnt bynum out there????

Originally Posted by NobleKane

any laker fan saying they are happy with the loss is lying. the celtics were fatigued and had an atrocious 2nd half.

we need to explore the d league or something...get somebody off waivers who can actually shoot.

I think everyone thought it was cool how the Lakers hung around with the Celtics without Kobe, but that's no excuse, Lakers had multiple opportunities to close the game out. 

The problem is, the guards are trying to create their own shot with hands in their faces, rather than going inside and out.

I like Shannon Brown, but he is no Kobe, dude tries to create of the dribble too much, and take wild shots, ala Sasha.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

bro im not lying...to beat boston you gotta have that killer...our killer is injured but you know damn well they played well by only losing by one point

Back
Top Bottom