Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Nice bro nice! I was taking a leak lol and freakin missed the db 9's :\ but those were only for trade bait so no big deal. The other 3 i'll be wearing! Bout to message you some local info on that KD xmas

longstroke that lebron 3 u posted a few pages back was my first pair of nikes
smokin.gif
They are, and continue to be, one hell of a basketball shoe. These were designed by a guy who seems to actually understand hoops. It's not like now with some former Nike Talk guy, making kicks from a non athletic perspective. It now seems as if the designers simply throw a bunch of crap up against a wall, and whatever sticks, they run with it.

The proof of this is in them not being able to get the damned swooshes to stay on the shoes anymore. Watch someone come on and ask, what does the swoosh have to do with the performance?

Not only is that a ridculous question coming from a bunch of dudes who don't even play ball on here, but it is ridiculous from the standpoint of BRANDING.

If they can't get that right, having the swooshes remain in place, what makes you think that the shoe's ability to bounce back from intense pressure and competition was actually a priority in development as well?

It's just friggin' ridiculous, and then for the prices to be so high, is simply a slap in the face of the consumer.

Wrong again, shoes main job is to protect the foot, but breathe-ability and weight are just as important.
According to who? 'sheed is still wearing AF1's while playing for the Knicks, and quite a few have been spotted playing in foams this and last year as well. Rondo has been wearing them off and on all year.
If it wasn't...bball players would be wearing steel toe boots on the court.

With all of your strong opinions about the lebron line and nike in general, I have yet to read a valid point that doesnt apply across the board with all athletic brands
This isn't about all athletic brands, this is about Nike's Lebron shoe, which retails for well over two hundred dollars after tax in some states. A two hundred dollar shoe, made completely out of plastic.

It's ridiculous.

I've posted what Tinker said, and he called it new age plastic.

:lol:

Here's what new age plastic does...View media item 181378

Quote:
again, if your first statement is/was true, then that fresh prince drose sneakermane posted is leather...which its not, its synthetic, PLASTIC. so again all your points are TRUE. BUT they apply across the board and not to nike or the LBJ line specifically as you would lead people to believe.
Refering to that pic above, has any other shoe, from any other company, done that as of last year?

That does not happen with a high quality product, not for one that retails at two hundred dollars.

View media item 100439
View media item 100438

Stuff like this should NOT happen, this is what a well made shoe looks like after balling...

View media item 168275

THERE'S STILL NO PROOF THAT SHOE WAS USED FOR BALLING....

THERE'S STILL NO PROOF THAT SHOE WAS USED FOR BALLING....
I could say something sharp right here, something incredibly pointed, but I will save it for another time.

There is too much ignorance around here, so I have to keep my most potent arsenal on reserve.

With that said, I don't give any Nike compliments. I've been banned several times simply for being a Nike hater. So for me to say that this shoe pictured was not only a great shoe, extensively played in during the summer runs, should be proof enough. However, just to show how my shoes wear, here's another pair of Nike shoes I've played in for a month indoors.

I had to retire this shoe as the traction looked like this after one month of play. It wasn't a bad shoe initially, but it broke down pretty quickly. One month for me isn't very long. Again, I am six four, two fiddy. My DRose kicks, the lightweight type of shoes, are still going strong.  The Kobe sign at the tongue rubbed off pretty quickly, which again, shows that Nike does not make the aesthetics of their shoes for hard core usage. The rest of the upper held up well though.

I have an RSVP @NikeNYC for a sz 14 .... If anybody needs it and knows how to get them with out me being present, hit me up.

I have to be in the office by 8 a.m. so I can not particpate.

Got the entire Christmas trio via RSVP for various people and myself today. Can't wait to pick these up.

I know a spot that"ll have a FSR of the Xmas in So-Cal, they had no one particate in the raffle. PM me and ill point u in the right direction

Last edited:
:lol:  coming from someone that has to sit in front of his computer all day. I actually did get out and got stuff done while being able to rsvp for for these shoes.

You right. :lol: :lol:

Carry on now. Last time I'm addressing you. Chill out with these ex-girlfriend tendencies. :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom