Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

laugh.gif
So we're fools because we arent buying this recycled junk called the Lebron X low, Nike is bringing to us. Bronsornothing?
laugh.gif
Thats rich

Yeah I understand at that Rock........but nots our problem.

Nike should have done better with the Lebron X low. Lebron is their biggest signature athlete and the lows are his 2nd biggest product, you cant recycle an outlsole from last years shoe , raise the price $25 dollars and think everything with be cool with the conusmers.
Brotha.... I agree with you WHOLE heartedly and am not making excuses in the LEAST for Nike..

Only explaining some thought behind WHY they do what they do sometimes.. not just design practices but business practices...

In my mind I think you only "recycle" when its a non Sig line or for take downs.. and Team Shoes.. 

Or else all you are giving me is the Lebron 8.5 or 10 - 2.5

I personally feel ALL Sig shoes should have their own look and feel High and Low Cut.. the Lows should reflect most DNA from a high and if the Ambassador or Soldier want to use design Cues from past shoes.. So be it..

but again.. personal choice. everyone has their preference.

Just FYI by the way.. I've mentioned this before.. but think its important SOME folks realize this IF they want to actually make an impact on how things happen.

NOT my opinion but actual fact.

There was a time that Nike as a company would not admit they used NIKETALK to do market Research...

However you could go down any hallway in any building and see screens that were Black/Red/White with PLMs and Designers alike reading feedback.

Any designer or PLM worth his salty will tell you feedback from target demo's is key.. and certain shoes designed have NT and other shoe sites in mind.. many however do/did not.

There is a reason these same folks take market travel trips to major cities to talk to different demos of not only young adults but target demo's for shoes they are designing.

The most important thing a person at Nike can have regarding feedback is WHY you dont like something and what you would change or alter or adjust to the shoe itself.

When NTers come on and say Whack, Pass or whatever the cool kids are saying.. take that extra space alotted on your screen to say WHY you are passing on a shoe.

If you bought a shoe and actually used it for its intended purpose..... playing basketball. and didnt like it for whatever reason.. explain why. 

NSW is getting Signature lines across the board as everyone knows and thats causing some heartburn, because before Nike Basketball was basically competing against itself with NSW to have market share...  For some of you there is no interest in this but for the few who are always interested in the business side like myself.. its actually pretty intriguing.

Early on in Brons line.. Lynn Merritt and other balked at the Zoom Gen Camo's releasing via NSW and releasing ANY of the Bron Catalog to them.  Theres no choice in that matter now as its to help boost revenue for NSW.

While most think.. Nike makes all the money all those Categories compete against each other and there's alot of stress to outdo the other categories within Nike.

Digital which is NikeID and everything online also competes against NSW and Nike Basketball and isn't afforded releasing everything that NSW gets or in as many numbers as you would think.  Otherwise why not just release 100,000 online and let the cash come in and not have to share profits with retailers..  This would piss retailers off because Nike could corner its own market.

Which is why urban retailers and Mom and Pops get salty if a Nike town opens up near them.  Niketown could release something the Mom and Pops store previously had access to but no longer would because its a Niketown ONLY release.

Anyway. I could explain more about how all that works.. but getting back to complaints on how you do or dont like something.. trust me when I say explaining why would lead to way more changes in future things happening in a positive direction.

Also.. the Bots situation was jumped on because of complaints on Nike's Twitter and Customer Service.  Those types of things are taken VERY seriously when it has to deal with compromising security of stuff online.

Nike didnt need to read NT for that.  This is why I would have said years ago.. Nike owes NT a huge debt of gratitude and should release a Collab sneaker not for SC... because although I respect Steve M's grind.. I dont care much for certain dudes he has under him and how they do things... but he's running a business and Im all about business.. even when it comes to sneakers..or as we use to call them.. Tennis shoes.. lol

But Im an Old Head....  Sorry for the long post with no pics...

On the sizing issue:  I feel like Im in education mode today....

I would agree with everyone who says if you wear a particular shoe in a particular size they should ALWAYS be that size..

Except the Lebron VIII v1 which even I had to go up a half size for.  For whatever reason the lasts on those were made differently than others.

The Lebron VII was slightly but not overly big and I actually could wear a size 10.5 (Im normally and 11) but the 11s fit fine too.

With Jordan.. about 5 years ago.. the Lasts for the team shoes and Melo's all started running smaller than usual but the Signature and Retro kicks remained true to size.

There were even some Melo's I had to get in a size 12 except for the 1.5

I talked to the Design Director at the time Dwayne Edwards about that and he explained it was an Engineer thing with the Tech Packs.. 

So just to set that debate straight.. (a little) there really shouldnt be changes shoe to shoe unless you are dealing with NSW stuff because they are ALL over the map on sizing from shoe to shoe and release to release.

I thought coming here on nike talk especially on a lebron thread that EVERYONE on here would like LeBron.... Simply because you buy his shoes I would think he is your favorite player. I GUESS NOT. I have never ever ever ever ever bought a shoe by someone that I dislike. Aka Kobe D rose . There are a few models of each I would wear but would NEVER buy because then you are supporting that person. Like I love kd but I don't have a single pair of his kicks. He is in the west and he is a rival. He is so sweet at ball I respect him but would not wear his shoes. He'll it's prob gonna be him vs lebron again this year except Lebron will have home court lol. Sorry for the rant
Thats pretty shortsighted to assume. I respect LeBron as a player, but he's far from my favorite, no matter what kind of talent he has. But he has the best signature shoe line out orf all current athletes, and if I like, I buy. You don't have to like the player to buy his shoes. Kevin Durant is my favorite player, yet I own no pairs of his sneakers. Unfortunately, besides the IV, all of his silhouettes are underwhelming. Liking Kevin Durant doesn't mean I have to buy anything with his name on it.

I'm a Knicks fan and the Heat are one of their bigger rivals. Should I sell my Lebrons because that makes me a Lebron supporter. Lmao smh, kids......
Kid? I'm 32 and your a knicks fan buying lebrons stuff. so if thats you thats you do you. i for one like the elite but would NEVER rock the knicks colorway thats coming. thats me ill do me. i was just saying MY OPINION. not yours not his. i for one do not think its cool to rocks someones shoe you dont like. if lebrons felt like bricks i would just wear air max or whatever. THATS THE PROBLEM WITH YOU KIDS YOU JUMP ON ANYTHING. ZERO LOYALTY. lol smh at wearing kobe bryants shoe when i despise him and the lakers oh but his shoe is so comfortable and stylish wow so let me jump on it. CLOWNS I TELL YOU CLOWNS.

lol y'all taking sneakers AND these humans you've never met personal.. they're "our rival" (what # jersey do you wear? talking about "our") I don't like that person so I won't support "them" by buying "their" shoe.. like their check hasn't been cut by Nike already. You didn't scoop it from his yard sale hahahaha.. "I don't like ____" but I guarantee if you happened to see them somewhere public and they had a friendly demeanor like any other human being you'd get giddy like a middle school girl seeing Bieber. 

I don't even like basketball, does that mean I'm not allowed to buy ANY player's shoes? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i have 7 pairs of  Xs and they are all size 11.... but my CARBONS are the most snug and both ids fit differently and my HOMES pair feel like a whole size to big. i wear the exact same type of sock every time so it is not that.  i just think that's weird. i wish all of mine felt like the carbons, they feel like completely different shoes from the rest.

Kid? I'm 32 and your a knicks fan buying lebrons stuff. so if thats you thats you do you. i for one like the elite but would NEVER rock the knicks colorway thats coming. thats me ill do me. i was just saying MY OPINION. not yours not his. i for one do not think its cool to rocks someones shoe you dont like. if lebrons felt like bricks i would just wear air max or whatever. THATS THE PROBLEM WITH YOU KIDS YOU JUMP ON ANYTHING. ZERO LOYALTY. lol smh at wearing kobe bryants shoe when i despise him and the lakers oh but his shoe is so comfortable and stylish wow so let me jump on it. CLOWNS I TELL YOU CLOWNS.

Me personally, I wear whatever I think looks good/I like. I'm not the biggest fan of Kobe, or Lebron, but I wear both their sneakers. Liking their shoes has nothing to do with liking the athlete. Sneakers are purchased as a fashion statement first and foremost (although I use mine to ball in as well, but I'm in the minority).

Last edited:
I buy what looks Good to me, and is comfortable. I could care less who's shoe it is or what it looks like if I can't wear it for more than an hour (which is why I stopped wearing air forces)

Last edited:
so many people in here always trying to one-up each other

now would be a good time to see new pics of the elites..

Last edited:
It's corny when discussion about sneakers becomes pretentious & snooty. Nike makes 3 signature shoes to appeal to about 594,855,999 ppl. Is it really beyond your understanding that different ppl wear them for different reasons??? Lol He may wear them because he's a die hard fan, you may wear them because they look cool and match your outfit, the guy down the block wears them because they are comfortable. whatever everyone is attached to the line for their own reasons get over it.

PS: knocking another man for being such a die hard fan of a team that he connects with the identity of that team is a chick move lol. A lot of ppl were raised to be fans of the teams that they are, who are you to tell them that they aren't a necessary part of the brand/organization.

I just think they dropped the ball on the colorways. The SB colorway might be the worst thing to happen to the lebron line because the elites seem to be reaching for the next SB. The elites look horrid! I have 1 pair of X's the dolphin colorway, that's only because I couldn't get the Crown Jewels, or the corks.

That is right. They seem to be labeled more to NSW releases.
NRG = Energy
which from my understanding is usually associated with more popular Limited Nike releases
Thats almost true in both cases...

Every category can have an Energy release... but it's usually your limited releases and moreso now will probably be what NSW focuses on when doing Nike Basketball current stuff.

Was able to stop by Nike London on Saturday before I flew back to Chicago on Sunday. They had a ton of Lebron X sitting there. Saw pretty much most CW and many of the older ones were on sale. They had the BHM on sale for 90GBP, but didn't have enough room to take back with me and really need a size 12, but only had 11.5 They had a ton of the All Star CW on shelves. Here are some pics.

View media item 342584
View media item 342585

off topic, but in response to a bit of NikeDealer's post up top....

Could you imagine a NikeTalk Pack? A handful of shoes split between Nike, Retro and Jordan with the most respected NT members from each category chiming in on the different models, colorblocking and colorway. That would be a pack well done. Imagine a Kobe 8, Lebron X, AM90, AM98 and a jordan, for example.

RockDeep: Thanks for the informative posts.

On the sizing issue:  I feel like Im in education mode today....

I would agree with everyone who says if you wear a particular shoe in a particular size they should ALWAYS be that size..

Except the Lebron VIII v1 which even I had to go up a half size for.  For whatever reason the lasts on those were made differently than others.

The Lebron VII was slightly but not overly big and I actually could wear a size 10.5 (Im normally and 11) but the 11s fit fine too.

With Jordan.. about 5 years ago.. the Lasts for the team shoes and Melo's all started running smaller than usual but the Signature and Retro kicks remained true to size.

There were even some Melo's I had to get in a size 12 except for the 1.5

I talked to the Design Director at the time Dwayne Edwards about that and he explained it was an Engineer thing with the Tech Packs.. 

So just to set that debate straight.. (a little) there really shouldnt be changes shoe to shoe unless you are dealing with NSW stuff because they are ALL over the map on sizing from shoe to shoe and release to release.

Rock more or less nailed it here - 'Bron I-VII generally fit quite consistently. I wear size 10 in all of those. But the lasts on the VIII V1 and V2 were a half size smaller at the minimum - I had to take a 10.5 in those. Oddly enough the VIII V3 was TTS and 10 fit perfectly.

The IX in general was a different beast as far as sizing goes. I don't know how one particular model running the same damn materials could fit so differently based on colour. For some odd reason the Swingman IX was more snug than the Freegum and Miami Nights.

Maybe you can chime in here Rocky but did they manufacure them (IXs) in different plants?

Rock more or less nailed it here - 'Bron I-VII generally fit quite consistently. I wear size 10 in all of those. But the lasts on the VIII V1 and V2 were a half size smaller at the minimum - I had to take a 10.5 in those. Oddly enough the VIII V3 was TTS and 10 fit perfectly.

The IX in general was a different beast as far as sizing goes. I don't know how one particular model running the same damn materials could fit so differently based on colour. For some odd reason the Swingman IX was more snug than the Freegum and Miami Nights.

Maybe you can chime in here Rocky but did they manufacure them (IXs) in different plants?
Not sure about the production and where...but sometimes..one Factory does not do the entire production run...

Not sure if anyone noticed but I didnt post much in the IX thread because I was not a fan at all...I saw what the IX was going to look like and thought it was a beast.  JP actually did a video showing the different iterations of it.  I had not passed on a Lebron 1st Gen thru X except the IX.. 

Just couldnt do it...

I do know however that Tech Packs are Tech Packs and should have the same specs no matter what Factory does them.. but I cant even claim to know what the deal on those were..

Back
Top Bottom