Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

Yep

I'm beginning to think Nike doesn't necessarily want their shoes to sell out instantly. Because if they do, it means they aren't pushing the envelope enough price wise. I think Nike's ideal model is for signatures to sell at classic Jordan rates....where they sell briskly and eventually go on sale months later.
Make price point higher, go on sale at around 180, sell out weebay.gif

The NT shoe collabo is cool in theory but it would never work.
Niketalkers can't ever agree on anything; why would designing a shoe be any different :lol:
And there's been a fair share of uninspired ID's that have been created. (There've been some nice ones, not calling anyone out)
Better to leave it to the professionals

But on a more serious note, interesting point made with the inflation calculator. Regardless, $200 is a tough retail to handle. I'm not overly worried about that price though because colorways will inevitably go on sale. That being said, I agree with Mister F, there's no excuse for quality issues/defects on their premier sig line if Nike is going to charge what they do.

I like them. A little uninspired design wise since its pretty much the same as last year. B-Day coupon and military discount here I come.

No one ever in this thread will all agree a lebron shoe is nice. In the kobe thread I think there was not one complaint about the Easters lol

I don't know about those in that picture up there 
ohwell.gif

So the gold lacelock for the White/Gold Elites is the reason for that extra $20 price hike over the regular elites. haha

Last edited:
No one ever in this thread will all agree a lebron shoe is nice. In the kobe thread I think there was not one complaint about the Easters lol
Not true. Opinions varied. Just like all of the color ways. People laughed at the ASGs and said pizza this, pepperoni that. Hype ensued when they released.

Corks are wack. Only 300 made, gotta get them.

I didn't like the other Elites but I like the simple design of the Homes.

Last edited:
aconF5Cn.png

Side by Side.

I'm digging the X much more, streamlined shape, smooth flow, diamond inspired design cues (midsole). The Elites look terrible. A bit bulky (look wise), not liking the carbon fiber placement, or the generic shaped midsole. The sharped angled pattern just looks lazy, something a 5y/o could piece together. I do like the heel cut, but prefer the overall height on the regular X.

Nike really has fallen in love with speckled midsoles over the past few years. A lot of these shoes would be fine without them in my opinion.
White elites are a nice simple look. Don't think they flow as well as the white IX elites but I do like the addition of the black tongue and black vents.

The color blocking on the midsole makes it look huge.  For some reason to me, that toe box look big.  

The white/gold elites are not really my style, but I'm rarely ever sold on a predominantly white shoe. so I'm not knocking it. Although I can't see there being a lot of hype for it, especially with it being a plus model.

I'm most excited about the crimsons. Will probably be my only lebron elite cop barring any new c/w's surfacing

The $200 price point on the XI doesn't upset me(obviously not excited about it). Recently I've spent $225 on Hyperposites, $235 on foams and $250 on Chuckposites (+tax), but the shoe I hold in highest regard are my Lebrons. So I guess that means I probably would pay a whole lot more than I have in the past for a Lebron shoe if I thought it was dope...but then again I might not have as many Lebrons if $285 becomes the norm.

Nike has to know that most people won't be running out to get every Colorway once or twice a month for a shoe that expensive.

Back
Top Bottom