Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

there we have it, exactly how I thought they'd turn out. count me in for a pair at 20% off #stillexpensive

I have to see the 11s before I pass judgment on the $200 price tag. It is expensive but cheaper than the AJ XX8, Foamposites, Chuckposites, etc.

I can see them lowering the volume to match the price like they did the AJ 28s. Surprisingly, they have been a success and have sold out.

It's not different than the Crown Jewels, Gold Medals or limited Cutting Jaded. They were all limited but sold out.

I doubled up on most pairs but I'll definitely be more selective and quick to use any and all discounts.

Last edited:
I second that emotion...

Third that motion. So far the only one that I have any sort of interest in and NOT at retail is the Bright Crimson. These elites are truly awful. And I sure as hell won't be one of those guys that changes their mind the week before RD, I REALLY dislike them :x.

Last edited:
Not at all what I was hoping for. Just hoping they draw the crowd away from other releases I'm after on 4/2O/13 now. $280 with the lace locks and + enabled.... I was hoping there'd be a colorway I'd like enough to justify getting at outlet prices.

3 POINTS TO SAY IN THIS POST:

3. AT THIS RATE, IN ORDER TO SELL A MODEL OUT, EVERY SINGLE COLORWAY WILL HAVE TO BE SOUTH BEACH 8 STATUS. ANYTHING LESS WILL SIT UNTIL JESUS RETURNS.

That's basically what they did with this shoe... They tried to make almost every colorway an "NRG" limited lifestyle-ready colorway, even if they didn't label it as such

the white/gold elites look the best so far...elites in general...not worth the price hike..let em hit outlets 

ive already cut down on lebrons this year... for kobe and KD, also cause i rather just take the chance and wait for them to hit the outlets

next year i might just buy 1 pair now....

id buy the elites if they were priced at 180 and if i were able to use military discount

Last edited:
I feel the same way about these elites as I did for last yrs home elites, they OK but not over for $200 - and now these are gonna be $30 more than last yrs overpriced elites, sorry not for me even an away all black CW wont change my mind. The only hope I have now for the X is the red suede but if they gonna make it "non performance" NSW then Im out...

I hope I don't get flamed for this but if Nike implemented some sort of pre-order for some of these, would that be an insane idea?  For me, I know instantly when I see a shoe, that I will purchase it .  But if they released the pics a little quicker, had like a 24hr pre-order period, wouldn't they have a little bit more control over their inventory on some of these models that some say have too high of a price point and will sit?  Take the Crimsons and the Pure Platinums for instance...I'd pay a special pre-order price, months in advance, if I knew I could have them without any headache on the release date.  

I say this because I feel like these price hikes aren't entirely based off of greed.  I DO believe that Nike does care somewhat about their fans and are trying to make it a tad bit tougher for resellers to thrive on release day.

If the xi are a dope shoe and military discount can be applied I'll cop but if its an alright shoe like the x then no. There are a lot of xs I want but won't buy because of the price. I only got the prism as that shoe that can go with everything for a few years.

For the record, I like these new pics of the Elites. The red one and the zesty Easter one specifically. I still cant warrant buying them at the $280 tag though. I hope they rot a bit on the shelves like the Taxis did last year
Absolutely crazy I said this today of all days.

Went to the the Footlocker outlet in Buffalo and found taxis and aways 40% off. It was a size smaller but the coincidence was too ironic to pass up. Skipped on getting any more x's got the the taxis instead.

Took the insoles out. Still a litte tight but I hope theyll loosen up when I break em in. 
smile.gif

I
aconF5Cn.png

Side by Side.

I'm digging the X much more, streamlined shape, smooth flow, diamond inspired design cues (midsole). The Elites look terrible. A bit bulky (look wise), not liking the carbon fiber placement, or the generic shaped midsole. The sharped angled pattern just looks lazy, something a 5y/o could piece together. I do like the heel cut, but prefer the overall height on the regular X.
don't like the way the heel cut is on the Xs and that is the only part of the elite I like that they fixed and that it will be an even better performance shoe but the overall look is just unappealing imo

Absolutely crazy I said this today of all days.

Went to the the Footlocker outlet in Buffalo and found taxis and aways 40% off. It was a size smaller but the coincidence was too ironic to pass up. Skipped on getting any more x's got the the taxis instead.

Took the insoles out. Still a litte tight but I hope theyll loosen up when I break em in. 
smile.gif
Nice pick up, I slept on those last year when they were still lingering around. I kinda wish I'd bump into a pair now

I like the White/Black/Gold Elites, but the price is a deterrent to me actually copping a pair.

Anyone who ordered the Easters from DSG get a shipping confirmation email yet? I didn't, but UPS just sent me an email saying that I have a delivery expected to arrive at my house tomorrow which originated in Louisville. :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Last edited:
my expectations were high for the white/golds..gonna hope they look better in person after seeing that pic of them

The Bron bubble will burst regardless of how many rings he wins, you cant incrementally increase prices year after year like that they trying to push the reseller limits on pricing.
Jordan Brand does the same thing.  Remember when Jordans use to be $100.00 to $125.00 not to long ago.  Until people stop buying them NIke will continue to increase the prices every year.

X Elites were/ are a let down after last year...just from a cw/looks standpoint they just dont compete....really just looking forward to the lifestyle (NSW) Lebron x's, Denims & Red Suedes..

200 seems right if you take into account people are buying up every foam at 220 and 235, they also buying all barkleyposites at 235, some people even brag about buying multiple pairs of the same sneaker at them prices.....hell even gr colorways that sell out resell for 220 or better and people buy em...so with that said nike can charge 200 for lebrons....remember 200 just for nike air on jordan 3? as long as they upgrade the tech im cool wit it!

200 seems right if you take into account people are buying up every foam at 220 and 235, they also buying all barkleyposites at 235, some people even brag about buying multiple pairs of the same sneaker at them prices.....hell even gr colorways that sell out resell for 220 or better and people buy em...so with that said nike can charge 200 for lebrons....remember 200 just for nike air on jordan 3? as long as they upgrade the tech im cool wit it!
Exactly...people complain about the price hike yet still buy...

Back
Top Bottom