Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

child_praying.jpg

So I went to House of Hoops 125th Street yesterday afternoon just to do some regular shopping for socks and JB t - shirts. I see a huge line that leads to a rear door entrance that is not the main entrance. I asked a kid at the back "whats the line for?" I just asked because I had no idea what was coming out so I was thinking maybe they re-stocked a bunch of jordans or something. He said a "raffle for the Lebrons" So I just shrugged it off and said to myself who cares I dont like Lebron or his kicks anyway so I dont know the specific names of any of his sneakers or release dates I just don't follow it at all.

Just checked sneakerbardetroit and found out how limited these will be only 5 stores in the country getting them, and only one store in My State! (New York) After just finding this out about 10 minutes ago I am upset I didn't enter the raffle and get a chance to get these just to trade em' off for some jordans, THis would have been great trade bait! OR Even resell em for a price much lower than what resellers are going to be charging once theyre released just to do someone a favor who wanted them but wasn't able to cop.

Oh Well. It's to late to call now them but I need to find out from HOH if they were just doing the raffle yesterday(Wednesday) or will the raffle also continue into thursday...

Last edited:
I always wonder how this hype vacuum works.

Say the majority going after these shoes are just reselling or trading.

Only a handful of people actually want the shoe to have/wear.

What happens when the people who actually want the shoes strike out and refuse to pay resell or trade?

These are ugly to many. If you buy bc they're limited and hyped up. What happens when the hype moves onto something else and ur left staring at an ugly pair of shoes that cost waay more then they should've?

I've seen this happen with corks. Asking price went out the window when no one was biting for over a grand. Now they're settling at 600 and maybe close to 500 when reseller sees no one is willing to pay.

I think EXT Release info will drop 6/1 or that week.  Ride the MVP sell-out into the next sell-out, more pairs to sell so more time to hype.

So I went to House of Hoops 125th Street today just to do some regular shopping for socks and JB t - shirts. I see a huge line that leads to a rear door entrance that is not the main entrance. I asked a kid at the back "whats the line for?" I just asked because I had no idea what was coming out so I was thinking maybe they re-stocked a bunch of jordans or something. He said a "raffle for the Lebrons" So I just shrugged it off and said to myself who cares I dont like Lebron or his kicks anyway so I dont know the specific names of any of his sneakers or release dates I just don't follow it at all.

Just checked sneakerbardetroit and found out how limited these will be only 5 stores in the country getting them, and only one store in My State! (New York) After just finding this out about 10 minutes ago I am upset I didn't enter the raffle and get a chance to get these just to trade em' off for some jordans, THis would have been great trade bait! OR Even resell em for a lprice much lower than what resellers are going to be charging once theyre released just to do someone a favor who wanted them but wasn't able to cop.

Oh Well. It's to late to call now them now but I need to find out from HOH if they were just doing the raffle yesterday(Wednesday) or will the raffle also continue into thursday...
It's done. Yesterday (Wed) was the last day they're handing out raffle tickets. They notify winners today (Thursday).

Last edited:

What happens when the people who actually want the shoes strike out and refuse to pay resell or trade?

These are ugly to many. If you buy bc they're limited and hyped up. What happens when the hype moves onto something else and ur left staring at an ugly pair of shoes that cost waay more then they should've?

I've seen this happen with corks. Asking price went out the window when no one was biting for over a grand. Now they're settling at 600 and maybe close to 500 when reseller sees no one is willing to pay.

people say that all the time. but these are extremely limited, resellers will get their money whether its triple retail or 1,500.

i dont' see any corks for fiehunnit though :nerd:

Low lives who couldn't afford to buy the shoe in the first place, but thought they could walk out to parking lot and sell it for 20x face value may have that problem.

But if you have a pair of corks, I'm pretty sure you could make a decent amount of money if you can hold off until everything dries up.

people say that all the time. but these are extremely limited, resellers will get their money whether its triple retail or 1,500.

I honestly skipped out on corks, but routinely see them on craigslist for 700 or 600 in that ballpark. I've talked a couple of people off there and they seemed willing to negotiate close to 500.

Funny that I've seen galaxy foams popping up as well in that 700 range too. Most are not ds though.

I'm betting these will settle somewhat close to that in a year or two. Only pairs that have been immune to this have been yeezys and that championship pack from last year.

So true!! I've seen this same hype here happen with corks as well but the Corks were released to third party stores Such as your "favorite local urban store" as well as Nike. any Hypebeast can pay a friend, family member, or shady employees to slide them a back door pair. (no Hate just Fact) This one definitely reminds me of a Championship Lebron 9 release because of the simple fact that only Footlocker and NIKE stores are releasing them. Personally, I'd rather have a shoe that has a "What The" scheme with all of the Lebron X colorways combined (excluding the Corks) in a sneaker from a NIKE store than to get a cork'd out Lebron X. so with that said these will be well up there with Yeezy prices and exclusivity.

Last edited:
So true!! I've seen this same hype here happen with corks as well but the Corks were released to third party stores Such as your "favorite local urban store" as well as Nike. This one definitely reminds me of a Championship Lebron 9 release because of the simple fact that only Footlocker and NIKE stores are releasing them. Personally, I'd rather have a shoe that has a "What The" scheme with all of the Lebron X colorways combined (excluding the Corks) in a sneaker from a NIKE store than to get a cork'd out Lebron X. so with that said these will be well up there with Yeezy prices.

Yeezy prices? Nah.

I honestly skipped out on corks, but routinely see them on craigslist for 700 or 600 in that ballpark. I've talked a couple of people off there and they seemed willing to negotiate close to 500.

Funny that I've seen galaxy foams popping up as well in that 700 range too. Most are not ds though.

I'm betting these will settle somewhat close to that in a year or two. Only pairs that have been immune to this have been yeezys and that championship pack from last year.
The MVPs and the Corks aren't in the same ballpark in terms of production numbers though. There were definitely more pairs of the Corks released/produced than the supposed 600 pairs of MVPs. Just look at how many retailers got the Corks vs only the 8-9 Niketown/HOHs releasing the MVPs. Price wise I'd guess they'll end up going for just as much if not more than the Crown Jewels (800-1200+, at least in my size), which have been the rarest Xs up til now.

Last edited:
So true!! I've seen this same hype here happen with corks as well but the Corks were released to third party stores Such as your "favorite local urban store" as well as Nike. any Hypebeast can pay a friend, family member, or shady employees to slide them a back door pair. (no Hate just Fact) This one definitely reminds me of a Championship Lebron 9 release because of the simple fact that only Footlocker and NIKE stores are releasing them. Personally, I'd rather have a shoe that has a "What The" scheme with all of the Lebron X colorways combined (excluding the Corks) in a sneaker from a NIKE store than to get a cork'd out Lebron X. so with that said these will be well up there with Yeezy prices and exclusivity.
They will only sell for yeezy prices if you want them to sell for yeezy prices (as a buyer) you dictate the price, not the seller. 

They will none the less since there less pair of these than yeezys aswell
what im trying to say is people forget that if people stay away from the high prices they will drop. its that simple. 

but if people keep feeding into the HIGH resell prices than the prices will stay 

i come back and dudes is hype to get those ugly @ss mvps? LMAOOOOOOOOOO it never changes here. a shoe debuts on lebrons feet or instagram, everyone calls it wack or ugly and say "easy pass." 1 week before release day when more pics start coming out all the sudden "hey those arent THAT bad, still an easy pass tho." Then some people get their hands on em bout 2 days before release day and post pics.. now theyre "yoo...i dunnooooo man those looking sooooo much better on feet.." Release day comes "
nthat.gif
easy cop. yea they were $300, but i had to have em. theyre worth it to me. im not a hypebeast."

***** NTers lmao

Back
Top Bottom