OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

For real?

Im scheduling an appt with an orthopedic Tuesday but I'm 99% sure it was

Was making a move on the court sat morning and felt a pop in my Achilles. As if someone kicked me.

Can't stand on my tip toes on that foot, and my mom did a preliminary Thompson test on it and the foot and ankle didn't move. Can't put any real pressure on it.

Im scheduling an appt with an orthopedic Tuesday but I'm 99% sure it was

Was making a move on the court sat morning and felt a pop in my Achilles. As if someone kicked me.

Can't stand on my tip toes on that foot, and my mom did a preliminary Thompson test on it and the foot and ankle didn't move. Can't put any real pressure on it.

Yeah, the pop and feeling like you got kicked is exactly what I experienced when I tore mine. And afterward, it was like I didn't have working calf muscle in that leg. Weirdly though, the 1st doctor I went to told me it wasn't torn. Told me to just stay off it for a while and it would get better. So, I ended up playing ball a couple times while I had the torn Achilles'. It didn't hurt really, but was like having only 1.5 legs. Next doctor I went to was like, "um yeah, its definitely torn, you have a hole where part of your Achilles' should be."

Anyway, sorry to hear it PCH. I feel for you. It sucks and takes a long time to get right after the injury. But it can happen. Took about 8 months after the injury, with surgery and rehab, for me to start playing again.

Last edited:
Yeah, the pop and feeling like you got kicked is exactly what I experienced when I tore mine. And afterward, it was like I didn't have working calf muscle in that leg. Weirdly though, the 1st doctor I went to told me it wasn't torn. Told me to just stay off it for a while and it would get better. So, I ended up playing ball a couple times while I had the torn Achilles'. It didn't hurt really, but was like having only 1.5 legs. Next doctor I went to was like, "um yeah, its definitely torn, you have a hole where part of your Achilles' should be."

Anyway, sorry to hear it PCH. I feel for you. It sucks and takes a long time to get right after the injury. But it can happen. Took about 8 months after the injury, with surgery and rehab, for me to start playing again.
So about 8 months? Damn lol see I'm hoping it isn't torn but I can't imagine what else it would be, cause like if you feel a pop in your achilles area, gets swollen, I can't imagine it being anything else. Most things I've read said that a complete rupture is characterized by a pop, but we'll see.

In other news, we're working out a good friend of mine today, Isaac Hamilton lol
 On Monday, the Clippers will work out London Perrantes, Nigel Wiliams-Goss, Isaac Hamilton, Malcolm Hill, Tyler Cavanaugh and Michael Young.

Last edited:
@lawdog1
bro would you know the differences between a strained achilles vs a partial tear vs a complete rupture?

No, not really. I can't imagine you'd get the popping sensation with just a strain, but who knows. I've also heard that partial tears are more painful than full ruptures. But I've never really looked into because I was pretty sure mine was completely torn.

Chris Paul's max with the Clippers would be a league-record 5 years, $207,384,344, paying $48,093,285 in 2021-22 (assuming 101M salary cap)
 Blake Griffin, if he plays his cards right, could end up with $239,737,654 over the next six seasons(assuming 101M cap this yr, 102 next yr)
The latter is assuming Blake bets on himself, signs a 1+! with us, and makes an all nba team next season. Given his injury history, he may not wanna pursue that but it's a worthy gamble. Before these past two seasons, he was all NBA 4 straight years and I'm pretty sure he would have been all nba this year if he played 70+ games. It's an option that not may are talking about but it's on the table for him.

I'm basically ready for anything this offseason. Whatever happens, happens. All I'm really hoping for is that whatever the roster looks like next season, the team re-captures some level of fun-factor. This last season was, for me, by far the least enjoyable of the BG era.

So we're apparently trying to bring Jerry West in as a consultant - basically what he's been doing for the Dubs. That's cool - I'm a big fan of West's, but there's only so much he can do to help a team with little cap flexibility, not much in the way of tradeable assests besides star players and no draft picks. But can't hurt, right?

So we're apparently trying to bring Jerry West in as a consultant - basically what he's been doing for the Dubs. That's cool - I'm a big fan of West's, but there's only so much he can do to help a team with little cap flexibility, not much in the way of tradeable assests besides star players and no draft picks. But can't hurt, right?
This got me way more excited than it should have. IDC if we sign him on as a mascot. We've never had someone of his pedigree associated with this franchise.

This got me way more excited than it should have. IDC if we sign him on as a mascot. We've never had someone of his pedigree associated with this franchise.

I hear you, but I have feeling its not going to happen. Jerry doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would jump from one team to (former) rival. I don't see him leaving the Dubs for us. Maybe for the Lakers, because of all his history there, but not us.

Seen the Jerry West reports and apparently doc and Steve have already spoken to him on the matter

Regardless health >>> anything doc, jerry west, any trade etc.

Our best players have got to start playing 70+ games together

Talking that talk. And he's right man. Injuries more than anything have doomed this team in. It's like people kill us for not getting deep into the playoffs and don't even mention how vital that's been in the narrative for LAC.

Los Angeles Clippers‏ @clippersbuzztap 29m29 minutes ago
More
clipsnation​.com >> 2017 NBA Off-Season: Turner: West “Very Intrigued” by Clippers http://buzztap.com/-YN09I7

nerd.gif
Hope it happens.

I think all of the people who aren't in favor of Doc being the GM (even though he doesn't handle the actual GM duties anymore) should be encouraged by this for a few reasons.

1) If you look at Jerry's tenures as an exec, he's always aiding teams that are 'right' there or close. LAL in the 80's and early 0000's, Memphis, GSW, etc. teams that have shown to be good, but just not there yet.

2) I'd imagine that this would aid big time in bringing CP and Blake back. Something else that they could sell them on.

3) Even if you can't pry West away from GSW or if he decides to go elsewhere once his deal runs out with GSW, it shows that LAC is actively looking to get some insurance in their FA and are actually looking at hiring people who would be over Doc Rivers. From moving Lawrence to the Day to day stuff, to actively trying to get J West into the FO, the G League team, they are actively trying to improve their FO and that I'd imagine would be encouraging for any clipper fan.

Also, the Melo + Lee for JJ / WeJo / Austin / Jamal thing has quietly been discussed since the season's ended and is on going.

^^^ That trade should make us better offensively, but probably is a wash as far as defense goes. And would really put the front office to work in filling out the bench. That said, maybe it force Doc to play young guys, draft picks, etc. instead of the Brandon Bass and Allen Andersens of the world.

^^^ That trade should make us better offensively, but probably is a wash as far as defense goes. And would really put the front office to work in filling out the bench. That said, maybe it force Doc to play young guys, draft picks, etc. instead of the Brandon Bass and Allen Andersens of the world.
Haha knowing doc bro, I doubt it honestly, he'll find some vets with the minimum and fill out the roster

because aside from the Spurs, no championship teams have young guys in their rotations.

Cleveland doesn't play young guys, Pat McCaw played 15 minutes a game this season and 14 min per in the playoffs and that's with them having one of the largest point differentials EVER in the reg season and playoffs. So even w/ them blowing everyone out, their young guys don't play all that much, if at all. Go down the list, it is rare that championship teams have young players as prominent members of the rotation and if we're making deals like the one above, then i'd assume we would be pursuing a chip as well.

I mean even in this thread, I used to be critical of doc not playing young guys I've kind of lessened my stance on it because 1) Drafting that late is a crapshoot. Most suck and are out of the league within 3 to 5 years & doc has shown no ability to find diamonds in the rough in the draft and 2) Perennial 50 win teams don't play their young guys.

That being said, for the future I do hope we somehow get some young guys, buy a draft pick or two, or are active in the FA market this summer so that we can actually use our D-League team and start to build for the future and find talent on the margins.

^^^ That's par for the course with sports "journalism" these days...sigh...

Back
Top Bottom