Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

Furcal
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Bowa
pimp.gif

Pierre Starting
eyes.gif

Kemp and Martin need to get things going soon..

They will...

This was a really nice win though, that's Dodger baseball.

Originally Posted by 715 asterisk

Andruw would have caught that if he wasn't overweight.

For the record, there is no way Rajai Davis should be taking Nate Schierholtz's at-bats this season. Davis' ceiling has pretty much been reached.

DAVE ROBERTS should not be taking ABs from either of those two as well as Freddy Lewis. I'm tired of hearing this "Velez isn't a gooddefensive 2nd baseman." Like Durham is? Dude never fields a damn ball cleanly. Over dives a ball, horrible decision at the end of the game tonight (heeither has to eat it since there was no way he was going to get the guy at first or be ready to throw home in anticipation of Furcal being aggressive on thebase paths), drops that soft line drive in the first game...the man is just terrible.
Note to Bruce Bochy: Play the %%+*#% youngins!!!

My breakdown:

-My goodness Derek Lowe's mechanics are still off from last year, I don't think he's committed himself on focusing like Brad Penny. I hope itssomething the pitching coach looks at, his sinker sunk 20% of the time.

-Larry Bowa knew what he was doing, finally a 3rd base coach that's willing to bring fire to this team. Now, if Matt Kemp wants to overrun a sign - LarryBowa's gonna come after you son
laugh.gif

-My dude Juan Pierre, can never put the ball in play, he's fallen off in LA. I predict him and Loaiza will be traded for either a 3B or a Lefty 4-5thstarter. There's nothing Pierre brings to the table that Repko/Young can't do.

-Matt Cain pitched a gem, too bad SF bullpen is horrible.

-i really think Nomar is done, if he steps in the batter box I bet he's gonna trip on a little pebble and twist his ankle.

-Andy LaRoche has been injury prone since double A. Now he's in the majors, injury prone again ....

-Now we see what kind of difference of a team we have from last year, from torre putting in the best pitcher, saito, in the 9th with the score 2-2 and strikingout the sides. Its gonna be a beautiful year

-ive been saying, andruw jones needs to lose 20-25 pounds, he'll have more of an impact swing once he loses that weight. & catch those lazy popups. Hisarm will still stay the same, comon andruw, P90x?
laugh.gif

-Anyone laughs whenever they see who's on the giants roster? They can't even be considered a rival anymore, time to get more on the Padres
devil.gif

-Let us all pray and hope the team can stay healthy.

Lets go for the sweep! Go Dodgers!

P.S anyone got ticket hookups vs the padres on the 12th (turning 23
pimp.gif
)

Last night's game was great. I was able to get good last minute seats.

Not a big Giants fan turn out the last 2 games, but there were a couple of chicks that were,
pimp.gif

Who happened to be Giants' fans.

Go Dodgers!

I'll be pulling for the Dodgers this year: I like the pickup in Jones and I think Torre will be a big help to them. Go Dodgers unless we see you in theWorld Series...

Does it rarely rain in LA? Commentators said last time they used the tarp rats came running out.

Ethier should've caught the ball but rain drops was a problem.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Does it rarely rain in LA? Commentators said last time they used the tarp rats came running out.

Ethier should've caught the ball but rain drops was a problem.

laugh.gif
It's rare around this time of year, really. In the 50years the Dodgers have been in L.A., they have only had 17 rain outs.

As fas as Ethier dropping the ball, the rain had a factor, but also, that should have been Andruw's put out.

I think it was more miscommunication or no communication than the rain.. Ethier was looking for Jones to come and make the play. He took his eye off the balland I guess once he realized that Jones wasn't going to make it or try to make it... it was too late for him to catch it as well.

The team looked like they expected the rain to bail them out of having to play from the get go. It's stopped raining here by my house (4 or 5 miles fromthe Stadium)... don't know if continuing this game or doing it all over tomorrow is better for us... 2 runners on, tied game, top of the 5th.. hmm.

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

I think it was more miscommunication or no communication than the rain.. Ethier was looking for Jones to come and make the play. He took his eye off the ball and I guess once he realized that Jones wasn't going to make it or try to make it... it was too late for him to catch it as well.

The team looked like they expected the rain to bail them out of having to play from the get go. It's stopped raining here by my house (4 or 5 miles from the Stadium)... don't know if continuing this game or doing it all over tomorrow is better for us... 2 runners on, tied game, top of the 5th.. hmm.

Yup, he was looking for Jones all the way, and I guess Andruw never called him off.

It's stopped raining, so they should resume pretty soon.... I rather they finish it off, but we'll see. If they don't they'll probably doa double-header when SF comes back in July.

coming back...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I think last year there was also a rain delay... for close to 2 hrs orsomething? I forgot.

Back
Top Bottom