**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

Listening to "I Don't want to care right now"...
I never want to hear this kind of Lupe again 
30t6p3b.gif

wow i dont wanna to care right now is so horrible. Is this really life? Lupe fiasco has fallen off so god damn much from food and liquor and the cool. This cd is a big disapointment right now when I compare it to them. I am not surprised though, didnt someone say Atlantic was trying to get lupe for a 360 deal?

Im sorry but I have to post again this CD just sucks this is the worse follow up album in a long time. My feelings of disappointment is something like seeing my favorite team lose or favorite fighter get beat up. I am just literally in shock.

Originally Posted by CaptinStabbin

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Lupe fiasco has fallen off so god damn much from food and liquor and the cool.

grin.gif
the @+*# are you talking about?

-The Juice

This album is terrible. This is easily comparable to Nostradamus in terms of worse in a very good catalog. I really hope Lupe doesnt tern into Nas.

I dont think this album is garbage but its by far the worse album/mixtape he's released.

grin.gif

-The Juice

This album is terrible. This is easily comparable to Nostradamus in terms of worse in a very good catalog. I really hope Lupe doesnt tern into Nas.
But to say he has "fallen off" is to imply he didn't drop one of the hottest mixtapes recently and that he hasn't killed it on all the loose tracks, and that Atlantic was the driving force behind this malarky.

-The Juice

grin.gif

-The Juice

But to say he has "fallen off" is to imply he didn't drop one of the hottest mixtapes recently and that he hasn't killed it on all the loose tracks, and that Atlantic was the driving force behind this malarky.

-The Juice
Sorry but I have been some what disappointed in his most recent offerings. I LOVED Food and Liquor and the FNF Series but after the Cool I felt he has just been getting a bit different in his style.

Its not terrible.
laugh.gif
 From a rapper like Lupe I guess I could see why yall hate it. But its far from terrible its COMMERCIAL. And Lupe isn't even smart enough to capitilize on it so now its gonna flop and he can only blame himself. Who the F%## goes out and says they hate their own album. He still has songs on here where speaks on real issues even the songs that were givin to him by the label he did justice on it. That's how gifted he is but he doesn't care so why should the fans.

it really is that bad

every song #!+%!+$ sounds the same with those pop hooks

its awful all the way around. The Show Goes on would be cool alone but every song sounds like that.

if you try to say this is anything but bad you are kidding yourself

to say anymore would be a waste....you can tell Atlantic didnt care about this with all these off brand features

yeah im salty wait all this time for this

smh

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

way worse than nastradamus...
I can't call it.....pretty tough here. 

This album is not good but I am not even really mad at Lupe as he pretty much was forced to make this album. My anger is directed towards Atlantic....they desperately wanted him to have another "Superstar"-like hit and in turn produced an album full of pop-radio friendly tracks.  There is only so much you can when the label is picking what songs you should make.  The album lacks direction and creativity which are the two things Lupe fans love about him besides his dope lyricism.

There is no way Lupe puts out an album like this if he even has 50% creative control.  Its amazing to me that "All Black Everything" made this album and its sad because its a really good song that will be forgotten on a horrible album. SMH.....awaits the next quality hip-hop release whatever that may be.  Sigh.

superstar wasnt even pop tho... it was smooth and laid back... it was just a good song...

i dont care to hear any of this +!#+ ever again honestly... everything isnt wack but the preachy songs have no replay value and i dont really wanna hear the pop +!#+ at all...

nastradamus has one of nas' illest songs on it (last words) and also contains life we chose, shoot em up, and quiet _s...

nastradamus has one of nas' illest songs on it (last words) and also contains life we chose, shoot em up, and quiet _s...
Exactly, Nastradamus is not even that %%!$$*! bad
Lupe's album is really bad, I've had about five songs on repeat this whole time and then once I hear something on there I don't like it's 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Damn yall making it sound real bad. I'm about to dl. Is this worse than Nas' Nastradamus?
laugh.gif

I'm gonna listen to that new Papoose mixtape first too. So you got nothing to lose Lupe. Your album can't be that bad.
Nas's Nastradamus is the first album that came to mind as far as me being disappointed by one of my favorite hip-hop artists.  Its right up there with it as being that bad from a highly talented artist.
Yeah. I was reading these replies and that's the first album that came to mind as well. I can already see ppl comparing the two when Lu eventually bounces back with a string of good/great albums. I actually wanted to stop reading these opinions so mine wouldn't be heavily swayed but it's w/e, might hold this off until midnight.
Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

easily.
Well damn.

All that talk from Lu about F&L2 then The Cool 2, then the next album, etc. was just talk if when he finally does release them they're gonna be changed by the label.

With w/e is left on his contract I'd just release a set of volumes. Mail in these next few albums with w/e they want quickly. If I was him I'd be going for 2 albums in one year if they don't drop him after this album does poor #s. He should also reconsider his mixtape grind in the mean time so fans don't really think he fell off.

This album isn't terrible. Like someone said earlier, it's just commercial. It's definitely got some great tracks on there. Yeah some songs fall victim to corny choruses but in the world of music today, that's what people want. So I think he did the best for what he was allowed to do. But he shouldn't come out and say he hates it. It's still got your name on it. Hopefully he'll be able to put out something that he truly wants but let's be real, if he did it would still do poor numbers. He's not a huge seller, he's just a dope rapper. 

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

I can't call it.....pretty tough here. 

This album is not good but I am not even really mad at Lupe as he pretty much was forced to make this album. My anger is directed towards Atlantic....they desperately wanted him to have another "Superstar"-like hit and in turn produced an album full of pop-radio friendly tracks.  There is only so much you can when the label is picking what songs you should make.  The album lacks direction and creativity which are the two things Lupe fans love about him besides his dope lyricism.

There is no way Lupe puts out an album like this if he even has 50% creative control.  Its amazing to me that "All Black Everything" made this album and its sad because its a really good song that will be forgotten on a horrible album. SMH.....awaits the next quality hip-hop release whatever that may be.  Sigh.

Back
Top Bottom