**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

I haven't listened to the album yet but reading all these bad reviews is extremely disappointing. I've only been to one concert in my life and it was Lupe's.
30t6p3b.gif

This *$%# sucks. Horrible beats. Worse hooks.

Shining down

I'm beaming

>>>>> this weed plate.

shouldn't have released it or pulled a saigon. why rush to put out crap?

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

qaddafi said:
from wikipedia:
...and also he revealed that The Neptunes,
Soundtrakk, Kane Beatz and The Buchanans are confirmed producers on the
delayed album, which is set to be released on 8 March 2011.[19]
where are any of those guys except kane???? no soundtrakk beats???????????what just happned?

the neptunes did "im beaming" which is the bonus track and the soundtrakk %+$* prolly got cut
Soundtrakk changed his name to The Future. All Black Everything was done wizzo buchanan.

Reading some of these review is really disappointing.  I was really looking forward to hearing this for the first time next week.  I still might buy the album, just to have a physical copy and since I have his other albums but I guess now my expectations are way lower than before.  At least I know Marsha came threw on her album which I will pick up today.

As far as im concerned Lupe's name needs to be removed from this record because you can tell this isnt him at all

He just needs to pull the original tracks he made for this album, add All Black Everything, Words I never said, and a couple others and release that seperately.

The flow tight skinny jeans, skinny jeans.

*sighs* I
indifferent.gif
throughout that whole song. I couldn't believe that.

He probably should've just not named this Lasers. Now he got release something like "What Lasers Should've Been."

compared to the 1st 2 albums, this dont even sound like no classic lupe $@%! smh...i already had a feeling the album was gonna let me down based off the singles n leaked songs tho

Man who the hell produced this album? The beats killed this album. And he's ridin' to the beats with some weak lyrics for his standards but I blame those trash beats for that. How do you go from The Cool to this type of album?

very disappointed with this album. don't even know where to start. yea, Lupe should def release the OG Lasers album for his fans

This is real commercial...definitely a disappointment, but there's still some nice songs on it. For a Lupe album it's a huge letdown, but for normal standards, it's not that bad.

Deleted everything but 7 songs. Will only listen to 3 often; Letting Go, Words I Never Said, and All Black Everything.

I'm still a little in shock Lupe could make that type of music. People saying it's commercial but it's not just that. It's not even good sounding commercial music. Like catchy hooks or really dope beats that get tired/annoying after a month. It's just bland, trying hard to be commercial but it never really comes together and meshes to be a cohesive album.

Originally Posted by acidicality

This is real commercial...definitely a disappointment, but there's still some nice songs on it. For a Lupe album it's a huge letdown, but for normal standards, it's not that bad.

but why hold one of the most intellectually competent rappers in today's generation to such low standards? his first 2 albums were damn near perfect (F&L more so than the cool). hell, even his mixtapes are better than this album and that's not even a question. i'll be patiently waiting for friend of the people and F&L2. 
that said, there are a few tracks that are what we expect from lupe and i'm willing to bet each one of em was on the original tracklist for lasers.

Originally Posted by MASERATI HARM

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

The albums been done for 2 years and it gets arelease date for 5 months from now??

Somethings WRONG here...

So does that mean his silly protest is off now??...

How you go from wantin the album out NOW to gettin a date 5 months from now?? His negotiation skills SUCK...

Like I said on Twitter
Someone backed down and I bet $$ it wasn't Atlantic 
laugh.gif

Don't be surprised when Lasers WASN'T what you expected 
laugh.gif

$$$ Talks and BS walks a 1000 ...

We should all send hate mail to atlantic. I'm pretty damn good at writing hate mail. Oh this could be fun.

Why are yall bashing Atlantic. Its Lupe's damn fault dude has been on some drama queen steez the whole process. Oh they wanted me sign a 360 deal cause my music didn't meet their standards. Well make some music that can really connect with a wider audience then. Its a record company they want their product to be consumed just like any other business. I bet he could have made an album that was true to himself and commercial at the same time. Heck this album isn't even that bad if he would actually market himself and promote it. I bet it could sell very well. 

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

We should all send hate mail to atlantic. I'm pretty damn good at writing hate mail. Oh this could be fun.
PM me your message. I'll spam them too

Back
Top Bottom