**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

I'll write one tonight. Gotta get going right now, and gotta put the time into it to make it good.

And BS I dont believe it's his fault... look at the songs we've gotten lately that aren't on the album...

SLR, Go To Sleep, Jauqin Phenix, BMF, Enemy of The State Mixtape, I'm Beaming, NONE of it is bad. NONE of it. They had a heavy influence with this album.

I blame Lupe, not Atlantic. Some times in life you have to take a stand or you fold. Lupe folded. When he met with Atlantic and was given a release date for LASERS but had to make songs he didn't like he should have told the protesters to continue until the product he wanted was released. He essentially made the petition, protest, all that not worth it in the end because ATLANTIC still won.

Although this album is disappointing there are still some excellent songs on here.
Till I Get There and All Black Everything 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nom de guerre

Why are yall bashing Atlantic. Its Lupe's damn fault dude has been on some drama queen steez the whole process. Oh they wanted me sign a 360 deal cause my music didn't meet their standards. Well make some music that can really connect with a wider audience then. Its a record company they want their product to be consumed just like any other business. I bet he could have made an album that was true to himself and commercial at the same time. Heck this album isn't even that bad if he would actually market himself and promote it. I bet it could sell very well. 

Yea I don't know why people blaiming Atlantic. Lupe made this album. When someone makes a classic record I don't see anyone giving credit to the labels. Lupe made this album and if he wasn't satisfied with it and wanted to intentionally drop a wack album he needs to come out and say so.

Originally Posted by jay kickz till i die

Originally Posted by acidicality

This is real commercial...definitely a disappointment, but there's still some nice songs on it. For a Lupe album it's a huge letdown, but for normal standards, it's not that bad.

but why hold one of the most intellectually competent rappers in today's generation to such low standards? his first 2 albums were damn near perfect (F&L more so than the cool). hell, even his mixtapes are better than this album and that's not even a question. i'll be patiently waiting for friend of the people and F&L2. 
that said, there are a few tracks that are what we expect from lupe and i'm willing to bet each one of em was on the original tracklist for lasers.

Now that I went through the whole album, it's worse than I originally made it to be. He can definitely do better than this, but it's not all his fault.

Yo, $*% was this?

Album is trash and I would ride for Lupe but I can't defend anything about this. The album really lacks poignancy and direction.

somebody had a great idea on twitter... everbody should go buy the cool on the 8th instead of lasers

Heard the album finally today. For a commercial album it was a solid effort. For a Lupe Fiasco album......it was horrible. Just about every song sounded the same, choruses were garbage.

All Black Everything tho....tho

-The Juice

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

somebody had a great idea on twitter... everbody should go buy Food & Liquor on the 8th instead of lasers

Im in.

Honestly this is a great idea. I mean hell if we could somehow even get 50,000 people to do this by all posting about it on twitter, facebook, etc

Thats 50,000 copies of and old album and 50,000 less of the brand new one.

I just dont get it...hes saying some ##@@ on here that everybody else is too afriad to. Words I Never Said, Break the Chain, All Black Everything, State Run Radio, Beautiful Lasers are all incredible

Originally Posted by sixersdukejordan

I just dont get it...hes saying some *#@# on here that everybody else is too afriad to. Words I Never Said, Break the Chain, All Black Everything, State Run Radio, Beautiful Lasers are all incredible

those songs have no replay value

Words I Never Said has no replay value?
Man I'll take any hip hop album released in the last year and break down track for track why this is better.

its a good song but once u hear it u dont really need to hear it again... u kno what he said...

i just dont like preachy !%!%...

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

Originally Posted by tyisny

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

somebody had a great idea on twitter... everbody should go buy Food & Liquor on the 8th instead of lasers

Im in.
Lupe should say this his damn self
i'm down for this.
This could be epic.

Back
Top Bottom