Official**Lupe Fiasco's The Cool**Thread

So MYH is the cool even before his death? I was under the impression that he only becomes the cool when he comes back from the dead.

thats what "the coolest" is about. thats when he meets the streets and then he becomes the cool.

this is the way i look at it

the coolest-when he falls for the streets

superstar-when he is rejected from heaven

paris, tokyo- tribute to the streets

hi definition-????

gold watch-??? the cool "ridin round, shinin with his fine round diamonds
Pretty green eyed lady"

hip hop saved my life- i guess thats when starts rapping????

intruder alert-when MYH mom(or could be his daughter) falls for "the game"

steets on fire-??? havn't really took the time to listen and analyze

little weapon- example of how the game is trying to take over the world???

gotta eat- when the game here's about the cool

dumb it down-i heard on lupe's board that in the superstar video one of the shadow's was headless, and in here he says that he's headless?????

hello/goodbye- when his homeboys start to turn on him

the die- the game kills the cool

put you on game-??the game explaining what he does

fighters-??

THESE ARE JUST OPINIONS

If you're analyzing every song then Hi-Definition means that he is the *%+% now. He came up and he ain't bummy no more. Hence his life being inhigh-definition.

Not every song is about the Michael Young History storyline. Lupe said this in an earlier interview. I think the only songs that are about the storylineinclude: The Coolest, Gotta Eat, The Die, and Put You On Game.

I just listened to American Terrorist on F&L, and i noticed Matthew Santos sings that chorus on that track. Definetly didn't notice at all before.Sounds completely different from his vocals on Superstar and Fighters.

Originally Posted by ldea

Not every song is about the Michael Young History storyline. Lupe said this in an earlier interview. I think the only songs that are about the storyline include: The Coolest, Gotta Eat, The Die, and Put You On Game.

Yea some of yall are buggin the other songs that connect to this story are on some mixtapes there's maybe a dozen songs or a lil more that have to dowith this story. The thing with me is that its not that interesting stand back n look at it if you take out the coming back to life, and replace the Game forsome drug boss who runs an area in the hood a la Neno Brown and the Streets for either the drug boss' wifey or some notirious !%*$% in the hood that gotthe best (()) this story is just like any other. Drug boss takes somebosy unde rtheir wing(The Cool) he becomes great at it up to the point he can rival histeacher sleeps with his boss' girl(The Streets) The Game gets the last laugh n gets him killed. The story is far from ground breaking or amazing just veryclever the way he goes about tellin it.

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by ldea

Not every song is about the Michael Young History storyline. Lupe said this in an earlier interview. I think the only songs that are about the storyline include: The Coolest, Gotta Eat, The Die, and Put You On Game.
explain Gold Watch. in the coolest he says "My new lady gave me a Mercedes and a necklace with a solid gold key" and he also mentions itin "The Die"

am i wrong, lupe is a great lyer too

look at what MYH is wearing
52e25f1eb56cbb0c5fd94653fa732c3ea14d5f6.pjpg

Yeah, The Die and The Coolest are part of the storyline.

I think Gold Watch is just about the stuff Lupe is into. I really don't think it has anything to do with the story.

^ me either ... cats is looking into the lyrics TOO much. EVERY song is not part of the concept ...

which could probably make lupe, MYH because in another forum they say that there is a pic with MYH and lupe in the same pose, and somebody said that that MYHcould be a spitting image of lupe.

has any one heard that Cold Blooded mixtape. it got some of his old stuff when he was "gangster"

smh.gif

what happened to the good ol' days when you could just understand an album and you didn't have to listen to it nonstop or start threads discussingevery song?? I mean dam, when I pop in Songs in the Key of Life, I know EXACTLY what Steve is tryna get at with just ONE listen for each song. And guesswhat?? Those are still some of the best songs every created.

Still a good album but I think Lu is doing THREEmuch with the storyline, blogs, pictures, psuedonyms/alternate egos etc.

lets not forget super star...

I can't find this cd!...I've checked a bunch of places.But tomorrow im now coming home without it.

Originally Posted by A Stunting GoTRILLa

smh.gif

what happened to the good ol' days when you could just understand an album and you didn't have to listen to it nonstop or start threads discussing every song?? I mean dam, when I pop in Songs in the Key of Life, I know EXACTLY what Steve is tryna get at with just ONE listen for each song. And guess what?? Those are still some of the best songs every created.

Still a good album but I think Lu is doing THREEmuch with the storyline, blogs, pictures, psuedonyms/alternate egos etc.

Maybe you should tell him to dumb it down.
We ain't graduate from school _ DUMB IT DOWN!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Lupe brings a whole nother aspect to Hip-Hop thats why he's unique.

It's not about his story lines, and complicated ryhme scheems. Thats just his style, it appeals to me personally because u really have to give yourundevided attention to the story line or what he's talking about.

I liked the Lupe mixtapes better than Food & Liquor real talk...but it just shows how versitile the man is. If u can't respect that your wholeperspective is whack...

SOME ONE PAYPAL ME MONEY SO I CAN COPP THE CD!!! I don't wanna download it!

I think Gold Watch is just about the stuff Lupe is into. I really don't think it has anything to do with the story.
Basicly, this is a concept EP within a full length LP.

Gold Watch has grown on me big time. Hip Hop Saved My Life is amazing
pimp.gif

i couldnt get the CD with the bonus track today because the Circuit City was sold out. so i had to go to virgin megastore. this CD is sellin like hot cakes

Back
Top Bottom