Official**Lupe Fiasco's The Cool**Thread

Everything is black black black black
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Love this album

Yea not every song relates to the cool on the cd

Gold watch is about all the stuff lupe thinks is cool (he says it on the dvd)

On "The Die" i thought lupe is MYH and he is jus going around on his daily routine (sp) but he finds out Gemini is looking 4 him
And at the end they jus happen to be going to the same club Cuz lupe wants to stop to check in And Gemini is tired of looking

And i dont think Gemini is the game because why would the Game kill MYH and then in "the Cool" Try to kill him again with the same gun?

Originally Posted by Choppa Locka

On "The Die" i thought lupe is MYH and he is jus going around on his daily routine (sp) but he finds out Gemini is looking 4 him
And at the end they jus happen to be going to the same club Cuz lupe wants to stop to check in And Gemini is tired of looking

And i dont think Gemini is the game because why would the Game kill MYH and then in "the Cool" Try to kill him again with the same gun?

In the hood the same gun can be used for multiple murders by different people. You know that a gun has a body on it if its really cheap compared to otherguns of its caliber.

Originally Posted by Choppa Locka

you need to go back and listen to real recognize real, he talks about the Game and says that the Game has wire tapped ears. just go to the official websiteand read the bios. Lupe is a very smart man, and i know that he's trying to say more. why would he mention all these other songs such "i don'tfeel so good"(that being about his mother degrading herself), i know that there is more to this. i just know it.
and can someone please explain to megold watch. no body has given me a valid reason to believe that that is not about "the cool"

Originally Posted by daffy 016

the whole cd is amazing

Yeah, "The Coolest" is my favorite song. When I was in traffic bumping this, hella people bumping hyphy %**% turned their %**% down to ask whatalbum I was bumping. Lupe is on the come-up.
pimp.gif

There really isn't anything to explain about Gold Watch... It is what it is.

I really don't see any references to the story in Gold Watch. I think we're all going a bit too far by trying to connect every song to the storyline.

not sure if anyone caught this on put you on game btw is my favorite track

I taught them aim for the head (killing MYH)
And hope they never come back
I'm glad your daddy's gone, baby, (when his father leaves)
Hope he never comes back,
I hope he's with your mother,
With my hustlers high in my trap (when his mother falls into the game)
(lemme put you on game)
I hope you die in his trash, (MYH is dead)
I can't help it all you hear when your crying is laughs

and im so infatuated with this character "the game" i hope they put him in a video

The Game, who is an amalgamation of all of those vices in the world. He has dice for eyes, he has bullets for teeth, he has crack pipes for lungs, and hebreathes crack smoke, and his suit is made out of blackened dollar bills.

dont know if it was stated but

streets on fire is goin more into detail about The Streets. its about here and her dangers

DUMB IT DOWN NOTICE*

the game tells MYH on the hook "dumb it down"

this may be a reach but maybe somewhere MYH tries to educate others about the game and inturn the game kills him????

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Watching that video makes me realize that sometimes i have to double take and see if i'm watching T.I. or Lupe
laugh.gif

6x61q3c.jpg

From the show on the 18th at The Fillmore at Irving Plaza. Tell me he doesn't look likeT.I. doin' big thangs.

by the way, check out the blog
wink.gif

this #$%# does come together, yall ain't thinking enough.

in paris, tokyo he says:
To dry your tears.
And wipe the rain from my dear like dash-er

the coolest he says:
And if the rain stops, and everythings dry
She would cry
Just so I could drink the tears from her eyes

I don't think this is a coincedence

ight some of you are trying your best to turn the concept very lame...its obvious which songs follow the storyline...why do yall keep reachin with all theseindividual lines?

^ yup i listened to dumb it down this morning and noticed this:

I'm fearless
Now hear this
I'm earless
And I'm peerless
That means I'm eyeless
Which means I'm tearless
Which means my iris resides where my ears is
Which means I'm blinded
But I'mma find it I can feel it's nearness
But I'mma veer so I don't come near
Like a chicken or a deer
But I remember I'm not a listener or a seer so my windshield smear
Here, you steer, I really shouldn't be behind this, clearly cause my blindness
The windshield is minstrel, the whole grill is roadkill, so trill and so sincere. Yeah, I'm both them there
Took both pills, when a bloke in a trench coat and the locs in the chair had approached him here
And he clear as a ghost, so a biter of the throats in the mirror
The writer of the quotes for the ghosts who supplier of the notes to the living
Riveting is rosy, pockets full of posies, given to the mother of the deceased. Awaken at war, 'til I'm restin' in peace

imo the whole song is about being the ghost (im eyeless, neckless, headless, etc.) of the cool (here you steer i really shouldnnt be behind this)trying to do right, by trying to educate the youth, but is confronted by the game (you goin over n****s heads lu, dumb it down)

eek.gif

cant help but to add more
laugh.gif
, but call me stretch arm strong for this:

the whole cd is the story of the cool

3. Go Go Gadget Flow small reference to the cool is back
4. Coolest, The explains how he comes back from the grave
5. Superstar explains why he came back to earth
6. Paris Tokyo now that hes back and hes in love with the streets
11. Street On Fire explains how the streets are dangerous (the cool flirting with death?)
12. Hello Goodbye not sure how it ties in but i strongly believe this is when the cool rejects the game (hello goodbye)
14. Dumb It Down the cool rebels against the game
15. Die, The the game kills the cool
16. Put You On Game this is the games opportunity to gloat (let me put you on game=let me tell you why i did it)

So your reasoning is that The Cool is wearing a gold watch and a gold chain in the Superstar video?

I sense some reaching.
laugh.gif
He really isn't the first person to wear a gold watch and chain... I promise.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom