Official Manny Pacquiao vs Antonio Margarito - November 13th, 2010 9pm - Dallas Cowboys Stadium

Originally Posted by candyman

Originally Posted by Informerx

Wow. I can't believe I read that.

Rigged.

He said rigged.

Did you see Margarito's face?
You filipino huh? Did my statement hurt your feelings?
roll.gif

No.

But what does my race have to do with it, your statement was stupid in my opinion.

By the way, looks like Margarito's career is done:

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=5805223

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

So where does Andre Berto fit into this should he win his next bout? I never hear this guy's name in the discussion.

He needs a few more fights against some bigger names before he even steps to the ring against Pac. I'd like to see him fight Cotto.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

So where does Andre Berto fit into this should he win his next bout? I never hear this guy's name in the discussion.

He needs a few more fights against some bigger names before he even steps to the ring against Pac. I'd like to see him fight Cotto.

Roach:
"He's a very tough guy," Roach said of Margarito (38-7, 27 KOs). "I was surprised how tough he was. He has the worst corner. They probably ruined his career by not stopping the fight."

EXACTLY

also, IMO this is further evidence Margarito used those plaster handwraps basically his entire career

Roach:
"He's a very tough guy," Roach said of Margarito (38-7, 27 KOs). "I was surprised how tough he was. He has the worst corner. They probably ruined his career by not stopping the fight."

EXACTLY

also, IMO this is further evidence Margarito used those plaster handwraps basically his entire career

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

candyman has a point
so we gonna sit here and act like boxing aint rig ????
every boxing fan know boxing is rig
now was this fight rig who knows but at the end of day
pacquaio did use this fight as a stepping stone to make a point to mayweather
you aint hating you just bein critical of what you saw you using your common sense
salute to candyman
wut? i can see the judges being shady but the actual boxers taking a dive? especially a fighter fighting a marquee name in pac man?
roll.gif
you know the pride these mexican fighters have to take a dive against the mexicutioner
laugh.gif
my dude pac not even focused on mayweather,he called the dude out and is keeping it moving. wonders which boxer mayweather will hand pick out that will be a safe fight for him to show his skills. dude is gonna end up being roy jones jr part two.

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

candyman has a point
so we gonna sit here and act like boxing aint rig ????
every boxing fan know boxing is rig
now was this fight rig who knows but at the end of day
pacquaio did use this fight as a stepping stone to make a point to mayweather
you aint hating you just bein critical of what you saw you using your common sense
salute to candyman
wut? i can see the judges being shady but the actual boxers taking a dive? especially a fighter fighting a marquee name in pac man?
roll.gif
you know the pride these mexican fighters have to take a dive against the mexicutioner
laugh.gif
my dude pac not even focused on mayweather,he called the dude out and is keeping it moving. wonders which boxer mayweather will hand pick out that will be a safe fight for him to show his skills. dude is gonna end up being roy jones jr part two.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Roach:

EXACTLY

also, this is further evidence Margarito used those plaster handwraps basically his entire career
Roach getting the last laugh on that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Roach:

EXACTLY

also, this is further evidence Margarito used those plaster handwraps basically his entire career
Roach getting the last laugh on that
laugh.gif

Pacman dominated. Every fight he moves up, I am scared he will lose, yet he always surprises me.

But holy hell, I hate how after every Manny fight, we see all these annoying unknowledgeable fans come out with wack insight.

Pacman dominated. Every fight he moves up, I am scared he will lose, yet he always surprises me.

But holy hell, I hate how after every Manny fight, we see all these annoying unknowledgeable fans come out with wack insight.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I like Mayweather but he would not beat Pac, guy is just on a ridiculous level.

Whats your justification? Pacquiao has power and speed but he punches technique would be exposed by mayweathers defense. Pacquaio is a freak though. He is like roach's science experiment.

Whats your justification? Pacquiao has power and speed but he punches technique would be exposed by mayweathers defense. Pacquaio is a freak though. He is like roach's science experiment.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Problem is, they said that for his last few fights, and he fought toe to toe against some great fighters. I see Manny being Manny against Mayweather but Mayweather will counter with some flush shots, not hard enough to hurt or knock Manny out. But Manny will overwhelm May with his volume punching and win the fight in a decision.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Problem is, they said that for his last few fights, and he fought toe to toe against some great fighters. I see Manny being Manny against Mayweather but Mayweather will counter with some flush shots, not hard enough to hurt or knock Manny out. But Manny will overwhelm May with his volume punching and win the fight in a decision.

Originally Posted by Tupack Shaker

Mayweather would still knock Pacquaio out
No he wouldn't

candyman wrote:
I don't know what has been said in the thread since I didn't keep up but this fight had to have been rigged. I mean why would bob arum the promoter to both Pacquiao and margarito really risk loosing hundreds of millions of dollars if Pac had lost. Mayweather would have had a field day with comments to not fight Pac and would be on his "i told you he was nothing, Im still undefeated he just lost why should we fight". Im guessing Arum gave Margarito money under the table, talking millions of course, making Pac the winner so that everyone could ride Pac's huevos and the media calling mayweather out to fight Pac. Im not saying Pac would not have been able to beat him cause i think it would have at least been a closer fight but come on margarito was doing nothing the whole fight, yes pac was definitely faster quicker all that but to beat him to a pulp and Pac hardly had any damage, margarito has fought bigger and stronger fighters such as paul williams and he didn't even get beat during that fight he lost but it was a close fight. Whatever maybe its just me hating on Pac.

Oh yea where were all the filipino fans when pac was going through war with marquez and barrera? All of a sudden ya'll show up? Ya'll bunch of bandwagons!

maybe i should get a blog

I have a better idea, find a freeway overpass and leap off of it when you see an oncoming semi.

KING x RIECE wrote:

indifferent.gif

GTFOHWTBS

Your argument for Mayweather is overwhelming and has been duly noted.

I happen to agree with GUNNA regarding Mayweather being able to take Manny. It would definitely be the greatest fight of our generation, however the likely hood of it happening is slim to none. One thing I will say is that Manny is an amazing fighter and has destroyed every obstacle placed in front of him. He is probably the only fighter I have ever seen refuse to duck a threat. When he does decide to hang them up, his presence will be truly missed.

Back
Top Bottom