Official MARCH 2010 Nike Outlet/Website/Store Update Thread - 3/18-21: 20% Off Nike Outlet Cpn Pg.1

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

Man I hate sneakernews...generally they butcher stories or usually create hysteria....well this article just killed any chances any us have for catching SJ's...Damn I feel bad for outlet employees tomorrrow...the phone will be non stop....I love how they forgot to post how much skills GumSoles got....See Soles...see what you did!!!!!

http://sneakernews.com/20...grades-nike-outlets-now/
Just read the write-up and I don't see how people will be calling non-stop. It doesn't say these will be available everywhere, but that they merely popped up at an outlet and that more might be on the way. I also read up a few other write-ups and it's actually a lot better than other sites, and I don't see how they "butcher stories or usually create hysteria". It's definitely something worth writing about and definitely worth reading about, which is why they wrote it. Plus they didn't crop out Gumsoles' eBay tag for a reason.
But anyway, if you don't have the 09 Space Jams by now, you probably won't be getting a pair any time soon.

The issue that I have with both the article and sneakernews in general is there articles are not written by people with tons of information on the topic but rather bloggers who get paid per story submitted which is generally why they post wayyy more then others....I've been hunting outlets for at least 5 to 6 years now..I was around when Tangers in PA was killing it with $29.99 Paris and Pigeon..when 5's was all over Woodbury...when the 1st CDP's hit Utah for $49.99....the article implies the "ease" of finding b-grades at outlets...yea right!!!!! I've networked over the year...got info dropped etc..and I still MISS a TON of #**@ cause it just is what it is...most of the people who frequent this thread understand how to search outlet and how to find what they need..but make no mistake about it..we are the very small miniority...when I try to explain it to dudes that are heavy into kicks they don't even get it...trust..your average person thinks heat just sits at outlets..

And another thing is the dude Soles gets it in!!!! To write that article and not mention that he has had b/grades and samples of some of the most highly chased kicks out is somewhat irresponsible...it would be like posting a pic of Biz Markie from 85 with mad girls around him and not posting exactly who he is...again it ain't THAT easy...

nerd.gif
?? GOTTA START MAKING MY CALLS...

I predict this thread will jump 10 pages in the next 8 hours just because of the fact that everyone will b updating with outlet posts from ALL OVER..just in search of Space Jams..

didn't Gums mention he gets his stuff from all around the world? what makes you think these bgrades are from the States? Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. But if I had to guess, JB would drop SJ bgrades in the same #s as bgrade cdp 11s or even more just for the fact that they are SJs and they are STILL hyped even months after release.

an article on b-grade jordans? really?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Man I hate sneakernews...generally they butcher stories or usually create hysteria....well this article just killed any chances any us have for catching SJ's...Damn I feel bad for outlet employees tomorrrow...the phone will be non stop....I love how they forgot to post how much skills GumSoles got....See Soles...see what you did!!!!!

http://sneakernews.com/20...grades-nike-outlets-now/
Just read the write-up and I don't see how people will be calling non-stop. It doesn't say these will be available everywhere, but that they merely popped up at an outlet and that more might be on the way. I also read up a few other write-ups and it's actually a lot better than other sites, and I don't see how they "butcher stories or usually create hysteria". It's definitely something worth writing about and definitely worth reading about, which is why they wrote it. Plus they didn't crop out Gumsoles' eBay tag for a reason.
But anyway, if you don't have the 09 Space Jams by now, you probably won't be getting a pair any time soon.

The issue that I have with both the article and sneakernews in general is there articles are not written by people with tons of information on the topic but rather bloggers who get paid per story submitted which is generally why they post wayyy more then others....I've been hunting outlets for at least 5 to 6 years now..I was around when Tangers in PA was killing it with $29.99 Paris and Pigeon..when 5's was all over Woodbury...when the 1st CDP's hit Utah for $49.99....the article implies the "ease" of finding b-grades at outlets...yea right!!!!! I've networked over the year...got info dropped etc..and I still MISS a TON of #**@ cause it just is what it is...most of the people who frequent this thread understand how to search outlet and how to find what they need..but make no mistake about it..we are the very small miniority...when I try to explain it to dudes that are heavy into kicks they don't even get it...trust..your average person thinks heat just sits at outlets..
Well clearly you blog for Theshoegame.com. Therefore your opinion on sneakernews is a biased, no? I just checked the TSG site and they report the same items but less content, so I don't so how that would be better in a content volume POV. And nowhere does it imply that these will be easy to find...at the end it says something along the lines of "hopefully more will pop up on eBay" at better than resale value prices. But you're right, it is what it is. You can do all the networking you want but stuff will always fly under the radar no matter how well you know manager A or outlet guy B.
But if you don't have any affiliation with TSG, then you're taking this way too seriously.

Last post to this topic then I'm moving on..my connection to TSG is irrelevant...my opinion to a story is simply that...an opinion...I'm sorry I think that sneakernews tends to be somewhat irresposible in there reporting from time to time...not all the time but from time to time....let's not forgot this is the same blog that "CONFIRMED" the infamous Infrared pack with nothing more the style codes which have been around forever...

You know some nike outlet employee already tipped off the local bulk buyer, or actually is the bulk buyer, and these things are all gone...

those mad about that SN article are the same ones who would never share any info on here about where they got something, but will come on here and post pics about the "heat" they were able to track down hoping to make others envious or gain 15 minutes of efame...they are just mad and envious that someone else got the efame of finding these in outlets before them...
embarassed.gif

and as I like to say nowadays..."they're just Jordans" .....now If it were some limited Lebrons I might be complaining I missed out too
roll.gif

Originally Posted by authenticguaranteed

those mad about that SN article are the same ones who would never share any info on here about where they got something, but will come on here and post pics about the "heat" they were able to track down hoping to make others envious or gain 15 minutes of efame...they are just mad and envious that someone else got the efame of finding these in outlets before them...
embarassed.gif

PREACH!
In the words of Biggie, "Things Done Changed!"

*back to MD/DC/VA forum I go*

does anyone here have the FOOTACTION VIP email/coupon for $30 off $100?? cant find it anywhere, ive found the footlocker one but not the footaction vip one. thanks in advance

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

does anyone here have the FOOTACTION VIP email/coupon for $30 off $100?? cant find it anywhere, ive found the footlocker one but not the footaction vip one. thanks in advance
dnt think fta has 1 cus dey do vip offers @ different times den ftl. also f&f works @ all stores dis wknd? also was da exclusions?

Stopped by FTL during lunch...AM95s and all foams were excluded

Also, i thought i saw AM 24/7 Air Attack on the exclusion list too and they had the Grape Spizikes on display

Someone from either the Memphis or Chicago outlet used my credit card to purchase something for $37 somewhere else.

Theyre investigating it right now.

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

Someone from either the Memphis or Chicago outlet used my credit card to purchase something for $37 somewhere else.

Theyre investigating it right now.
Thats why i check my credit cards online everyday since i use them a lot for phone orders but im going to start buying giftcards to use for phone orders so i dont have to worry about that anymore hope everything works out man

^

Sorry to hear that ISRAEL5EKLA

smurfdavid, I thought giftcards weren't allow on phone orders unless they change that recently.

about that card fraud.....

someone else on here reported something similar about a month ago. Idk about you guys but next time I order via phone Im going to make the store manager take my order or at least put my sh*t on hold till he/she can.

also call nike and snitch on them fools. It wont get your money back but at least the managers at the store will get rid of the thief.

Originally Posted by bak ymmij

^

Sorry to hear that ISRAEL5EKLA

smurfdavid, I thought giftcards weren't allow on phone orders unless they change that recently.
I guess it depends on the store you call but i had got a gift card for my birthday and use it for a phone order and it was good to go
Also on the credit card it goes threw a lot of hands because the person you order from then go's to the shipping/receiving end and they process your order then so the person who takes your order just writes everything down on order slip and then give it to them to process order could be a thief in all the people
grin.gif

if you guys are worried about cc info being stole my best suggestion would to do ALL phone orders using gift cards.

By a nike gift card at your local nike (dont have a local nike? your local safeway, fred meyer, etc sell nike gift cards)

Using a gift card is the ONLY way to eliminate the risk of getting cc info stolen, all Nike stores will let you use a gift card when placeing a phone order

Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck

Using a gift card is the ONLY way to eliminate the risk of getting cc info stolen, all Nike stores will let you use a gift card when placeing a phone order
answer these questions

will this allow me to use different names and/or addresses
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

can we use the balance, and in effect not "lose" any $$$?

Back
Top Bottom