Official May 2014 Pick Up Thread Vol. What will we be rocking for the Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, there are advatages
laugh.gif

quality gets better as the shoe gets older usually
my friend was wearing his 3 lab 5s (black) and when we met up the 3labs had 2 wears in him and his had more and larger creases 
laugh.gif

my tours have been wore 30 plus times

Nice pickups everyone, what a way to end off this month.

A few new pickups from the past week.

(passed on the Carmines since i already have my 2008 CDP pair, though i may pick them up at another time):

Saint Laurent Paris - Royal SL/10H

Nike - Multi-Color Flyknit Trainers

Nike - Infrared Air Max Lunar 90

Nike Tech Fleece Pants - Both colorway (Grey & Black)

Those Battlegrounds :smokin

I remember having those and the navy pair that had a strap (don't remember the name right now) in high school. Couldn't tell me anything :lol:

Atmos x Pony Slam Dunk; NY State Of Mind won't be here to end the month....but here are a few in hand photos to close things out for me.

Jordan 1 Carmine.  Quality on these is as expected.  At least they didn't come pre-creased, like my pair of Barons.  Wish the AJ 1 wasn't so pretty....so I could stop buying them already.

Air Jordan II Iron Purple;  Bot free Saturday (..or maybe even playing field Saturday would be the better term) lead to this impulse buy.  Unlike most folks, I actually like the Jordan II...but this colorway is all kinds of awful.  I won't keep 'em for long, unless I can find someone to pull off a dye/repaint for a reasonable price.  Not looking for insane or themed work here.  Just straight up color changes.  Dye the nubuck black, paint the safari print panels black, paint metal eyelets white and repaint the midsole black w/ white speckling.  

I have a difficult time registering certain colors...and always have.  I don't think I'm full on color blind or anything, but colors that're sorta "vague" simply don't register with me.  That said, I thought the majority of this shoe was cool grey when I saw pics online.  In hand, I'm not so sure.  Even the grey portions seem to have a purple-ish hint to them.  That's WAY too much....for me.  I want them to have a more dark/bland look, if possible.  Well, more so if they're actually worth the trouble, rather than if it's possible...because I know it's possible.

I have funds available if anyone wants to do the work.  Any takers?

KD VI ASG (Illusion);  My first, last and only KD VI.  I've heard people go on and on about how comfortable this model is, so I knew I'd buy at least one pair, even though I'm honestly not crazy about them.  Of the dozens of colorways this model saw, I liked these best, and would have had them a while back...but folks were asking for way more $ than I was willing to pay.   Glad there was a restock, so I could get them without having to pay $200+.  These ended up costing retail plus PP fees and shipping, pretty much...and for that price I'm happy with 'em.

Nike still hasn't issued my refund for the sliced up Cool Grey X's....and their idea of making that situation right was to give me a promo code for free shipping.  Yep, cut up $170 shoe + having my money tied up for 2 weeks = coupon code for something that's free anyway.

Pretty awesome way of fixing the worst transaction someone with 20+ years in the hobby has ever had, huh?  Never messing with nike.com again.  

Last edited:
Those Battlegrounds :smokin

I remember having those and the navy pair that had a strap (don't remember the name right now) in high school. Couldn't tell me anything :lol:
they are very nice, might cop the navy pair down the line if the opportunity presents itself, for $225 I couldn't say no.

[quote name="PmpDaddyRobFord" url="/t/591891/official-may-2014-pick-up-thread-vol-what-will-we-be-rocking-for-the-summer/600#post_20757348"
My pick ups for may[/quote]

Everything is cool except those fusions smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom