**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV Out Now**

What is the gift from social media?

The only benefit is the ability to see and interact with birds

These artist have a million followers and can't sell 50,000.

The only thing is that it gives more insight in to your career. Which I don't think is good, because it takes away the mystery and mystique.

These artist have a million followers and can't sell 50,000.

The only thing is that it gives more insight in to your career. Which I don't think is good, because it takes away the mystery and mystique.

When Meek stuck to music it helped him in the past. It all depends on how you use it.

Really breh? Look beyond rappers and instagram models

That's some of the main thing it's used for though.

The conscious people would be able to maintain consciousness without social media. They wouldn't need a meme for them to stay woke.

You know what I did before social media. Books. Meet ups. I didn't need someone on Instagram to recommend me to read or give me knowledge of self. I didn't someone to provide for me black history. If anything it's reduced it in to more digestible fast food.

Last edited:
Look at all the comedians coming from ig alone.

I guess

You find DC Fly Young and them funny like that?

I find it sort of corny along with all these people doing skits.

No hating on Cardi B and DC Fly Young and all these instagram personalities, but IMO it just makes it easier for people to find entertainers. I don't know if that's necessarily for our benefit.

IMO it just helps people be lazier.

I guess

You find DC Fly Young and them funny like that?

I find it sort of corny along with all these people doing skits.

No hating on Cardi B and DC Fly Young and all these instagram personalities, but IMO it just makes it easier for people to find entertainers. I don't know if that's necessarily for our benefit.

IMO it just helps people be lazier.
DC is corny af, but that's beside the point. Many of these people have made it beyond IG just from these skits and other things they do. Some in tv shows, some in movies. Folks are eating off IG.

DC is corny af, but that's beside the point. Many of these people have made it beyond IG just from these skits and other things they do. Some in tv shows, some in movies. Folks are eating off IG.

That's cool and all, but talent was found before the internet.

It's good for them, but I don't think we're going to find the next Richard Pryor or Eddie Murphy from instagram. Which is what I'm saying. How are we benefiting?

I was talking about the existence of social media in general as a marketing tool, not necessarily for the artists themselves to use. But it is one of the top ways artist are branding themselves these days. Image and branding is a huge part of this ****, as we all know. With meek in particular a lot of the _'s that worship him love him for his image, flexing on social media, "motivational ****", etc

Rappers use snippets to build hype for songs, test em out, etc.

A BIG part of Rae Sremm and Migos getting back to back #1 records is due to memes shared on social media. 

Future was on every song on the radio and was doing 60k. Had a down period, dropped hard free music, got social media hype and went platinum. Last 2 albums 130k+ first week.

Look at how Gucci used social media when he first touched down. 

it's a lot of **** man. You can build a legit (and profitable) following thru social media. Not saying that everybody will but its possibe.
**** like this goes on ALL the time in the hood

It's cruddy....but I seen dope boys laugh and treat Jays/Uncs/Dope fiends like this all the time.
This is true

Meek gotta know at this point tho _'s are waiting around for him to do something 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
That's cool and all, but talent was found before the internet.

It's good for them, but I don't think we're going to find the next Richard Pryor or Eddie Murphy from instagram. Which is what I'm saying. How are we benefiting?
More and quicker entertainment and content is how we benefit.

**** like this goes on ALL the time in the hood

It's cruddy....but I seen dope boys laugh and treat Jays/Uncs/Dope fiends like this all the time.
We used to egg the dope fiends :lol:. But nah if they wanted some money mom's would put em to work. Grass stayed cut, trash to the curb, her van stayed washed.

I was talking about the existence of social media in general as a marketing tool, not necessarily for the artists themselves to use. But it is one of the top ways artist are branding themselves these days. Image and branding is a huge part of this ****, as we all know. With meek in particular a lot of the _'s that worship him love him for his image, flexing on social media, "motivational ****", etc

Rappers use snippets to build hype for songs, test em out, etc.

A BIG part of Rae Sremm and Migos getting back to back #1 records is due to memes shared on social media. 

Future was on every song on the radio and was doing 60k. Had a down period, dropped hard free music, got social media hype and went platinum. Last 2 albums 130k+ first week.

Look at how Gucci used social media when he first touched down. 

it's a lot of **** man. You can build a legit (and profitable) following thru social media. Not saying that everybody will but its possibe.

This is true

Meek gotta know at this point tho _'s are waiting around for him to do something :lol:  

+1

We used to egg the dope fiends :lol:. But nah if they wanted some money mom's would put em to work. Grass stayed cut, trash to the curb, her van stayed washed.

:lol:.

Real talk. When you get older....you realize it's kinda f'd up. But it's kinda understood the role dope fiends play. Some legit good people who fell on tough times. Some are scum bags :lol:.

Low key, they're important in the hood. My moms used to put one to work as a handy man. Good dude. He passed recently. My mother went to the funeral and all.

I'm mainly talking about the fact that he's a rapper and his dumb*** had it recorded.

Back
Top Bottom