Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Originally Posted by HankMoody

[h3]Royce Young @dailythunder [/h3]

• Brooks on sitting Westbrook: "I took him out a couple minutes early just to settle him down, and put him right back in. That's coaching, and we moved on. It's nothing against he had a bad stretch. He turned it over, and he took a tough lay up."
1d9360a26d10a67c44d0c41aa5ca09e836af72bf_r.gif

He was out for at least 6 minutes in the 2nd half of a close NBA Finals game but he only finished with 2 fouls. 
Russ should demand to be traded in offseason

Dead serious.

• Brooks on sitting Westbrook: "I took him out a couple minutes early just to settle him down, and put him right back in. That's coaching, and we moved on. It's nothing against he had a bad stretch. He turned it over, and he took a tough lay up."

He was out for at least 6 minutes in the 2nd half of a close NBA Finals game but he only finished with 2 fouls. 
Thats Russy's fault. He should know better not to have bad stretches like that described.

i watched this game with a bias... but OKC let the game slip away by not hitting their Fts......

No excuse...

MIAMI had the refs on their side as well..

Game 4 Westbrook will go off.....

Brooks is coming off extremely smug in these pressers not willing to admit he could have done anything differently or that he could have made any decisions differently to put his guys in a better position. And wow that last reporter to ask him a question sounded like a joke, like Borat. But generally coaches are the opposite and try to absorb all the blame and make things seem like it was something they could have done differently. I didn't like his answer on either the Westbrook benching or the idea of getting KD off of LeBron.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Thats Russy's fault. He should know better not to have bad stretches like that described.

eyes.gif

So Russ isn't allowed to make any mistakes?

Wade has one of those things you apply bodywash to in his jacket pocket.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=320617014

Game 4 recap, quotes, stats, article from @dailythunder
Spoiler [+]
MIAMI — Oh for one. With two more chances to go.

Oklahoma City has to win one of three in Miami, otherwise it’s all over and done with. Game 3 appeared to be the one for about 31 minutes. Like in Games 1 and 2, Oklahoma City was handling business in the second half, cranking up the defense, playing with some swag and rhythm and building a lead. Kevin Durant was cooking. He scored eight early points and was appearing to get That Look. The game was in his hand and really, who knows what else he was going to do. The Thunder led 60-54, and had the Heat on their heels.

Whistle. Foul. Fourth on Durant. 5:41 left in the third.

And just like that, things changed. The Heat outscored the Thunder 16-7 after Durant went to the bench as OKC suffered through a 1-10 finish to the quarter. Derek Fisher hit an and-1 3 to put OKC up 10, but with Durant sitting, and then Russell Westbrook joining him, the Thunder couldn’t find points while they inconveniently fouled Heat shooters on 3-pointers.

“That’s coach’s call,

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

eyes.gif

So Russ isn't allowed to make any mistakes?
Nope.

Why should he allowed to be anything less than perfect? I mean, that's what everyone expects of him. He needs to step up to his critics demands

Matching your blown out sherbet pocket square with a mango colored ace bandage...come on son

Barkley killed Brooks in the post game on that. He said Brooks should have called a timeout with Durant on the bench, to settle Westbrook down. Having those two out of the game for an extended stretch is just dumb. Durant needed to sit because of fouls, but there was no reason to sit Westbrook for so long, if at all.

All the media criticism of Westbrook seems to have finally worn on Westbrook and Brooks. Russy was not as aggressive as he needs to be and Brooks had no business taking him out for that long. Like it or not Russy sets the pace for the Thunder. If he's not attacking they will lose this series. IDC if he has to put up 20+ shots, its worth it to have him in attack mode.

Scott Brooks and his staff blew that 10pt lead, not the players.
He did what bad coaches do, get caught up in watching the game, and not managing it.
Westbrook AND Durant should have been back on the floor for the last 2:30 of the 3rd qtr.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

All the media criticism of Westbrook seems to have finally worn on Westbrook and Brooks. Russy was not as aggressive as he needs to be and Brooks had no business taking him out for that long. Like it or not Russy sets the pace for the Thunder. If he's not attacking they will lose this series. IDC if he has to put up 20+ shots, its worth it to have him in attack mode.

This

It was too close to automatic that a Wade or Bron drove resulted in a whistle.

Two things I have to say about that:
- the only thing I asked myself when Wade or Bron drove was whether or not they would drive and get an and1, or just gt a couple FTs
- first off, tell me a Thunder player that pretty much knows (and there are also basketball fans that pretty much know) that his drives will most likely result in a whistle

there should be a separate thread on the officiating since clearly it is the only aspect of the game that matters here.
Fisher getting more minutes than Ibaka is insanity.

Thunder lost this game straight up... No one to blame but their lack of execution down the stretch and bad coaching moves.. So many excuses but both teams had a chance to win it at the end, and Miami made plays while Westbrick shot threes.

Russ needed to calm down and I was impressed Brooks didn't let it get too out of control after a few bad possessions in a row.

The problem, of course, is benching Russ while KD was also out and Harden wasn't doing that great. Call a timeout, let him sit out a few plays and have Mo Cheeks talk to him, then put him back in... or put Durant back in. Don't try to have an ancient Fisher be the offensive leader in the 3rd, that won't work.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by henz0

OKC with very low IQ basketball

agree

even with all the bad ref calls you cant have some of the turnovers they had in the 3rd and 4th and miss the FT they did

Originally Posted by This Aint Aruba B

I don't give a ##!* about officiating. That was fun basketball and either team had a shot down the stretch.

One choked, one didn't. Nuff said.

All 3 quotes.... All that needs to be said.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

It was too close to automatic that a Wade or Bron drove resulted in a whistle.

Two things I have to say about that:
- the only thing I asked myself when Wade or Bron drove was whether or not they would drive and get an and1, or just gt a couple FTs
- first off, tell me a Thunder player that pretty much knows (and there are also basketball fans that pretty much know) that his drives will most likely result in a whistle
Really? I'm pretty sure Bron only went to the line 8 times meaning only 4 of those were considered shooting fouls....anyways did Miami get the benefit of the calls, imo yes. But they took advantage by hitting 31-35 FT's. OKC went 15-24 from the line. Plain and simple thats why they lost. If Miami doesn't take advantage of the FT's then OKC is up 2-1 right now.

There was actually a substantial number of drives and shots where Wade didn't get the call even though he put on his Oscar performance. If he'd gotten all those calls he woulda had damn near 40 and I'd understand the complaints.

Russ was really off but what's worse was he was still forcing the issue instead of passing the ball that resulted in fast break points for the Heat.He reminded me of A.I. late on his career where he was just ball hogging the whole game instead of making smart plays. That's how a point guard should play IMO.
30t6p3b.gif

I don't know what's up with all the ref bashing. The refs in the NBA have always been this inconstant. It's a part of the game. The best teams are the ones who can put the refs behind them.

Back
Top Bottom